( search forums )
DM Maneater
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 12:49 am
What's this? Lapis has actually made a map?

Well, this is technically my third map, but this will be my first official map release. This is mainly an experiement with polygon placement and my first true test of Anna's Soldat Polyworks.

Maneater
Rambo/Point/Deathmatch style map with low jet fuel. INF/CTF Enabled but not supported. Sports about 5-10 players. Non-waypointed.

Despite the name, there are no hurt or special poly's here.

Overview

Download

Constructive criticism welcome.

Twinkler
August 4, 2005, 12:58 am
Do the Pointflag and Rambow actually stay where they spawn? Because it looks as if they'd just roll off those tiny little posts.

N1nj@
August 4, 2005, 1:00 am
There is no doubt that the map is good since it's made from Soldat PolyWorks. The shading are very nice, although I am not sure about the gameplay, seems liek you just randomly put polygons on the map. But some shapes look a bit..."weird". You dirty minded freak! ;)

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 1:01 am
Yeah, it really was just a lot of polygon placement and shading. The flags should stay where they spawn. If not, its about 3 seconds before they'll fall far enough to respawn again.

-Claw-
August 4, 2005, 1:28 am
ooh, this map pwns, Not because of PW (well, PW pwns also =D), because it has low jets and places to fall! ;)

Belier13
August 4, 2005, 2:14 am
My nuts are freezing

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 3:50 am
Belier13, your ban has just been recently lifted - don't irritate DNA.styx (or Lapis) again. About the map, I was going to do something similar, but you beat me to it. Add a deadly polygon on the bottom - that'll speed up spawn time.

Elemental
August 4, 2005, 3:53 am
The spawn on the bottom near the delta spawn place seems like an annoying place to spawn..

Keron Cyst
August 4, 2005, 4:03 am
It looks like it has good gameplay, but you could just drop over the map and "commit suicide" without gaining a Death and choose a different weapon (set). I also think a bit more scenery can be added at various spots.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 7:08 am
Interesting. Im not sure how well it would work out just from looking at it. Ill have to download it and give it a try myself.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 12:40 pm
We've playtested it with a small number of players (3) and it does make a fun map, especially for chainsaw fights. =]

I've got another project I'm working on, with the next release of Soldat, and I'll have my own whole new game mode for everyone to try. Mum's the word until I'm finished though.

grand_diablo
August 4, 2005, 2:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Belier13My nuts are freezing

Either post constructive comments/criticism or don't post anything. Next abuse will lead to another report to Styx, and a second ban will not be temporary one.

papasurf31
August 4, 2005, 2:41 pm
Personally, not my idea of what a "map" is, but I like the shading. It just seems kinda...convoluted, disorganized, and barren. I'll have to test it out later to check up on gameplay.

Avarax
August 4, 2005, 3:08 pm
Nice Lazout, but u saz it has low jet... for this layout at least medium jet fuel is suitable i think

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 6:15 pm
Phew. Nice map ofr ur 3rd map. I like it.
But it's 5\10 [?]
Can't take that map style...

Raptor
August 5, 2005, 1:42 am
Simple but cool! The bgcolors combine with the map. The shading looks good!
6/10

VodkaZombie
August 5, 2005, 3:47 am
Pretty cool, i love those land floating in space type of maps.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 7:47 pm
I like these kinds of maps.Low fuel ..very big chances to fall..with one word PHUN :D

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:45 pm
you are a good moderator, but you sure as hell can't map:P...

but, hey.. who am i to say..

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 9:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHyou are a good moderator, but you sure as hell can't map:P...

but, hey.. who am i to say..

Thanks. That means a whole lot to me, coming from you, Sprocket.

mar77a
August 8, 2005, 9:52 pm
Well, the only thing i can say is this map is teh M79 + Spas :) <3

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 11:15 pm
Nice map, nice map...