( search forums )
Spas <> Crap I take back what i said :)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
SeanCapsAss
August 4, 2005, 8:17 am
I was being a retard

m00`
August 4, 2005, 8:33 am
if your gonna continue using it then stfu, if you dont like it then theres no need making a post about it, many of us know what the spas is capable of, your just bad.

SeanCapsAss
August 4, 2005, 8:36 am
yes moo enlighten me... explain to me why almost no one uses this in a match, if its capable of amazing things, of course the spas has its moments but those are far and in between and im sure you're da bomb with it and all da ladies love your mad spasing skillz

ThaD
August 4, 2005, 8:46 am
playing spas requires much more skills than any other weapon, that's why people who are bored (as me) playing ruger or autos choose spas. Owning people with this weapon gives a lot more satisfaction :)

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 9:14 am
Yes it pritty much sucks... Version 1.3.1 is coming though, I expect a better shotgun.

SeanCapsAss
August 4, 2005, 9:15 am
yep, but if you're off with this weapon at all you can seriously screw over a match. Spraying ruger is much more fun and less stressful... and btw m00 i wasnt even claiming to be the "uber spaser omg i roxxor and would love to have sex with myself" person, i was just telling you that the spas has tons of disadvantages and well honestly it sucks as a weapon... getting a triple with a spas makes you feel like you accomplished something unlike getting a trip by spamming ruger bullets little moments like that are why i continue to use the weapon even though it blows hard at times

MOFO NOFO
August 4, 2005, 9:20 am
lol 1.3.1, its 1.3 ahole.

m00`
August 4, 2005, 9:22 am
if your gonna continue using it then why bother making this topic, dont complain and then sa ysomthing like 'oh well im a (Please refrain from swearing) im gonna keep using it and complaining about its suckishness'

_Mancer_
August 4, 2005, 9:37 am
quote:Originally posted by SeanCapsAssyep, but if you're off with this weapon at all you can seriously screw over a match. Spraying ruger is much more fun and less stressful... and btw m00 i wasnt even claiming to be the "uber spaser omg i roxxor and would love to have sex with myself" person, i was just telling you that the spas has tons of disadvantages and well honestly it sucks as a weapon... getting a triple with a spas makes you feel like you accomplished something unlike getting a trip by spamming ruger bullets little moments like that are why i continue to use the weapon even though it blows hard at times

Hes talking about me on voland :[

Sean your spas isnt easy to beat top you know.. Ive had much easier people than you.. and to say the least.. most were people that you would think are better than you.

Da cHeeSeMaN
August 4, 2005, 10:04 am
haha man i love the spas! what are you talking about? sure it hard to get the hang of but really its not that difficult to kill people with it...

i am ahab
August 4, 2005, 10:07 am
im plain confused chuck.
-this is poo
-this is why this is poo and no one uses it
-but im going to still use it
-tell me why this is poo and no one uses it

seems to me yr just a bit of a cross lil bunny.

chamone!

AerialAssault
August 4, 2005, 11:59 am
this topic needs to die, this is an abomination. the spas is perhaps the most underrated and potentially greatest weapon in the game. it has become one of my main weapons along side the m79, barrett, and AUG. i love it so much, the pure close/medium range power is devestating with its rate of fire.

lastpatriot
August 4, 2005, 12:00 pm
Shouldn't this be in the weapon balance thread?

Mielos
August 4, 2005, 12:14 pm
Wait what the balance in the new version gives before complaining , this has no use.

ráz0r
August 4, 2005, 12:39 pm
All weps > m79
but I use m79 since the start.

Meandor
August 4, 2005, 1:11 pm
I think spas is not underpowered - simply, it isn't fit for a lot maps and routes. If all routes were like the underground B2b, then it'd be overpowered. I use it in cws sometimes, when I'm down, and it's up to the level of most other weapons. Here's a pair examples
http://www.turrino.it/public/spas.gif
http://www.turrino.it/public/spas2.gif (I have a barret in that screen, but that is because I had been holding the flag at base at the end)
It is difficult against a good ruger or barret user though, I often have to change to another weapon when someone uses those down :(

Psyker
August 4, 2005, 2:51 pm
thats a shame sean, you already distinguished yourself as one of the main spas players

although it is true, i would be using spas more if it actually did damage sometimes instead of just boosting the enemy...

Liber_Lupus
August 4, 2005, 3:45 pm
Spas isn't good for open maps. It's good for corridors (usually alt routes) and maps like Voland.
An example:
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5151/endgame3229lk.png
It's much easier to hit when the enemies can't really dodge because of the small space.
And the weapon in the kill log is spas. I used a mod.

Happy Camper
August 4, 2005, 5:04 pm
In little coridors though, people just spray their lame ass ruger down it. or their AUG, or AK, or any other damn weapon for that matter.

_Mancer_
August 4, 2005, 5:12 pm
Yeah screw those lame guys happy camper.

FliesLikeABrick
August 4, 2005, 5:21 pm
i played with spas for about a year and (granted that im not the best player in the world) if you know how to use it, you can kick serious ass.

just because you managed to suck with it and dislike it doesn't mean that it is "some of the biggest bs "

find something else to whine about

SeanCapsAss
August 4, 2005, 5:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psykerthats a shame sean, you already distinguished yourself as one of the main spas players

thats why im going to continue to use it :) and i posted this after I got my ass beat by PS so i wasn't in the finest mood, I realize now that my only real problem with it is that the damage is deals is extremely temermental even at close range, and yeah the boosting thing

And mancer its nice to see someone doesnt think im a complete pushover :)

BTW saying i will continue to use it does sorta make this post pointless but honestly its better than %60 of the posts like "3d soldat" thanks (Please refrain from swearing) who flamed him and gave him the attention he was craving in the first place, and btw atleast i gave some reasons to better explain my thinking so yeah... btw Im American so all of my posting comes from my scrimmages with NA clans and I know that there are some euros that use spas regularly

b00stA
August 4, 2005, 6:16 pm
(moved to Bash Pit)

it's where you belong ...

DeMonIc
August 4, 2005, 6:34 pm
I haven't bothered posting in this thread so far, but what the heck, it's worth a shot.

Now let's look at the spas here, the 'crap' as you put it. If you hit the enemy's head from close range, it's a one shot killer. Otherwise it's pretty much two-shots to kill, given that 70% of those pellets hit. Other pros of the spas are that it has a hard push, so you can keep away your enemy with it, push your teammates, even push yourself if you need to.
Bad side is that it's tricky if you want to use it long range, and that you have to trick the reload, otherwise you won't be hitting anything.

Like you put it in your last post, yes there are some euros whom use Spas seriously, even in clanwars. Let me just put it this way: they can kick some serious ass with it. I honestly have no idea why is this Shotgun so neglected in American CW's.

SeanCapsAss
August 4, 2005, 8:33 pm
quote:[i]
just because you managed to suck with it and dislike it doesn't mean that it is "some of the biggest bs "

find something else to whine about

Sorry mister, I didnt know it was taboo to say something negative about spas omg im so sorryz it will never happen again, ill just (Please refrain from swearing) and moan about spray like everyother asshat or better yet ill get old school and whine about barret "omgs it kills in one shot" honestly if it comes down to a a "skilled" spas player and a "skilled" deagles player who knows how to keep you at a distants theres almost no chance for you to win.. btw demonic thanks for posting something that actually explains your views instead of some vague statement of "Omg it totally pwns if you're skilled enough... so stop crying ya noob"

Jello
August 4, 2005, 10:58 pm
Not to mention the way that the Spas reloads is far superior to other guns....

Karaffka
August 4, 2005, 11:21 pm
Its easy to break the reload process, it just requires some training. But it is skill. It's impossible to learn spas so fast (1 week is sufficient to learn DE). Just learn it. Spas is example of the perfect weapon, because learning it requires TIME - other weapons - not.

crazymonkey
August 4, 2005, 11:28 pm
I like spas because it makes me go SWOOSH.

Maxx
August 5, 2005, 12:45 am
The spas is great.(IMO, of course)

And even if it isn't that great for open areas/long ranges, it doesn't have to be if you get used to it.

Meandor
August 5, 2005, 8:56 pm
Slam! Guess what, now spas is overpowered xD

DeMonIc
August 5, 2005, 9:04 pm
Don't hurt me!