( search forums )
Cluster nade awesomeness.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Swarmer
August 4, 2005, 10:19 am
Anyone notice the hilariously high amounts of damage a cluster nade does on a direct hit? It's an autokill on the target, and he FLYS apart. every limb shoots out in a different direction, probably faster than a barret bullet, with blood trailing it. I've seen bodies fly across entire maps. It's fun to get as many bots as you can to stand in one spot, and kill every single one of them with 1 cluster nade. It's power is also accompanied by large amounts of annoying screen shaking. Of course, if you get a less than perfect hit, you will hit eveywhere but where you aimed.

Pixofied
August 4, 2005, 11:29 am
I don't like em. I can't kill a damn thing with a cluster nade. Even if its a direct hit, they just don't die... :/

Oliver Stannus
August 4, 2005, 12:47 pm
Not every use for things in Soldat is for direct killing. I like to use the cluster 'nades to cover a retreat from a compromised area (i.e. five guys flooding over to our base), or to shake up the enemy's aim before assaulting their base. It is very good at making people run for cover or lose aim for long enough to make a move which would otherwise be hard to do.

MOFO NOFO
August 4, 2005, 1:19 pm
i get direct hits with cluster too =)

Keron Cyst
August 4, 2005, 7:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwarmerAnyone notice the hilariously high amounts of damage a cluster nade does on a direct hit? It's an autokill on the target, and he FLYS apart. every limb shoots out in a different direction, probably faster than a barret bullet, with blood trailing it....
Of course. All the CG splinters smash into the target. It's usually hard to get a direct 'nade throw anyways, so I think it should be one-hit kill.

August 4, 2005, 9:02 pm
...Soldat Moments?

b00stA
August 4, 2005, 9:12 pm
...moved to Soldat Moments

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 5:03 pm
I cant stop laughing when direct hit with cluster gren..."take this boogie man!! O_O........ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 4:32 am
I've gotten maybe 4 kills... ever... with cluster grenade.s

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 4:59 am
I only find cluster grenades useful in wide flat areas, like the bottom of Arena. Probably the best use I get out of them is tossing a set down at the Alpha team base as I attack from the hillside; weakens anyone there and sometimes kills one, making my job of grabbing the flag and getting out of there that much easier.

In most situations, however, clusters are kind of a waste. They'd be much more useful if you could throw one at a ceiling, and have the individual parts scatter to the ground and explode, as opposed to the whole shebang detonating uselessly like it does now. Yeah, more bounciness is definitely in order there I think.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 8:53 am
i avoid clusters, the pieces never seem to fly out, its so annoying expoecally when your counting on the grenade to do some serious exploding and its just like a normal grenade

Captain Ben
August 16, 2005, 7:12 am
I especially like them in zombie servers :D

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:39 pm
Clusters are annoying because you have to spam all 3 of them to get anything accomplished.

Chariot
December 22, 2005, 7:14 am
i loathe the cluster nades. one time in the zombie server, someone decided it would be a good idea to mad all the weapons in the worst ways possible. the m79 shot cluster nades and i couldnt get a single kill with them. it was [CENSORED].

lithium
December 22, 2005, 9:42 pm
Whoa...

Deleted User
December 22, 2005, 9:54 pm
I usually take them, go over to the enemy base. Scatter them around their base. Only get 0 or 1 kill. Sucks... and clusters are pointless, i rarely hit with them in public.

DeLarge
December 23, 2005, 12:35 am
Chariot, shame on you for digging up a four month-old topic!