( search forums )
uber cool moment keke
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
m00`
August 4, 2005, 11:54 am
im playing a team deathmatch and im holding an mp5, an enemy approaches me and i kill him just before hes able to use a LAW on me (yay me), I roll and grab his LAW and turn around and shoot it at an incoming enemy within half a second, i pick up his barret and jump to shoot somone heading towards me, another enemy starts running towards me, i roll back and a team mate jumps in front of me and gets knifed, i switch to my mp5 and spray him like my life depended on it, i throw away my reloading mp5 and pick up the knife, i run around and miss with my knife and i die. yay

anyho thats about the coolest moment i have ever had in soldat

Green Barret
August 4, 2005, 2:50 pm
One man army killing machine moments are awesome. Pity, I can't think of any of my own. Maybe I use the barret too much...

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 4:17 pm
Barrets suck - in my opinion anyways.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 12:06 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`i pick up his barret and jump to shoot somone heading towards me

What? Obviously your experience wasn't as fast-paced as you made it out to be.

Koon
August 8, 2005, 9:41 pm
quote:Barrets suck - in my opinion anyways.
I agree. A player who is good enough to use the barret as an assault weapon can be twice as good with the ruger. its only use is for camping.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 10:13 pm
When i use barret it always comes down to the socom i have tucked away. It always saves me.

Hoodlum
August 8, 2005, 10:15 pm
Rofl, it sounds like a action movie.

T-Money
August 9, 2005, 5:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Koonquote:Barrets suck - in my opinion anyways.
I agree. A player who is good enough to use the barret as an assault weapon can be twice as good with the ruger. its only use is for camping.

Why does everyone think this? I've played against many people who play twice as well with the barret than many "pros" do with ruger, AK74 etc. And the barret's only use is NOT camping. It is true that it's designed for sniping, but there is not neccesarily (sp?) a correlation between sniping and camping.

VodkaZombie
August 9, 2005, 9:29 pm
Thats pretty cool, once it was like for a few minutes.

Koon
August 10, 2005, 1:26 am
quote:Why does everyone think this? I've played against many people who play twice as well with the barret than many "pros" do with ruger, AK74 etc. And the barret's only use is NOT camping. It is true that it's designed for sniping, but there is not neccesarily (sp?) a correlation between sniping and camping.
Let's look at it this way, a ruger can get off four shots in the same time the barret can get one. a head shot with the ruger is a one hit kill, and if you miss with the first shot you can fire another fairly quickly and you can't survive two hits unless you have a vest

You cannot deny the math!

The Geologist
August 10, 2005, 1:31 am
Good job of pulling this topic off course and turning it into a barret/weapons arguement. Thanks for your utterly useless comment Extacide.

m00, we should play more often...I want to see some of these moments ;D. Maybe when I get that next map finished for ya...well, that's a different kind of game mode :p. Either way..gotta love the action packed killing sprees.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 11:49 am
No problem geo - doing what I can to spread my dislike of barrets. Ahh im getting alot of these moments in ctf's in 1.3 now...charging making triple kills and stealing the flags....and then being killed when your mobbed by the whole team chasing you as you get out of the base. ;p

m00`
August 10, 2005, 11:57 am
i had another cool moment around 2 hours ago, in the middle of ctf_b2b here was 3 people, somone hiding behind a tree with a barret and 2 people floating around with mp5 and deagle, i naded the guy at the tree and then socomed off the guy with the deagles and sprayed of the mp5er, and all that only took away half my hp :D

its not that great but i enjoyed it :p

btw - to the barret argument, theres nothing bad about it now as long as theres only 1 to 3 people in a team using it

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 3:05 pm
Some time ago i had a funny situation. I fight in the red base on b2b to steal the flag. I grabbed it and started escpaping down way. One guy was after me, I killed but some ruger bullet missed and went up in the air. I was like in the middle of the map when i got the info that I killed smb with ruger. The bullet just fell down and killed smb. :)

numgun
August 10, 2005, 8:25 pm
this kind of stuff happens to me in ctf_kampf: take a minimi & go nuts! : P

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 6:39 am
Oh I had another of these moments, I was at ctf_kampf and i flew in to the blue base to add on some action with my teamates, knifed a guy in midair and deagled out some others , snatched the flags and i was running towards the lower way with 1% hp, and my team was battling it out with the enemy...Then...the (Please refrain from swearing)est thing ever, 1 stray socom bullet was arching in the air, and just before i could see it and dodge it, *Plop*

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 4:32 pm
Those moments are sweet. I've had a couple like that. Keep switching out guns and getting tons of kills!

poseidon
August 17, 2005, 10:23 am
quote:Originally posted by Koonquote:Why does everyone think this? I've played against many people who play twice as well with the barret than many "pros" do with ruger, AK74 etc. And the barret's only use is NOT camping. It is true that it's designed for sniping, but there is not neccesarily (sp?) a correlation between sniping and camping.
Let's look at it this way, a ruger can get off four shots in the same time the barret can get one. a head shot with the ruger is a one hit kill, and if you miss with the first shot you can fire another fairly quickly and you can't survive two hits unless you have a vest

You cannot deny the math!

i prefer running barret to ruger, but that's cause i love jumping and dodging around inbetween shots, yes with ruger you get more shots but in order to use those shots you leave yourself vulnerable to the enemy for an extended amount of time which is usually enough time when engaging multiple enemy at once. and that's just not my style of play, i prefer hit and run, ducking and weaving around corners stopping just long enough at turns to take shot before running again, it's fun and it annoys the hell out of people, that's like double bonus.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 8:26 pm
thats it! i am a sniper i hav been playing for about 4 years now and i found out that the sniper and m79 take the most skill to use think about this ~~~~~mini gun=super noob~~~~~y is the mini gun a super noob weapon because it has a lots of bullets and a high rate of fire so u dont have to aim u just point in the way the ppl's are and hold it down...so inturn a mini is a noob wp but a sniper m79 and eagles are not

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 9:26 pm
Hehe, i like running through the bottom of ctf_Run when loads of people car running through, with an MP5 and killing them all in about 2 clips. Got a serial kill one or two times o.O
Peace out
~Ad~

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 9:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by jebushunterthats it! i am a sniper i hav been playing for about 4 years now and i found out that the sniper and m79 take the most skill to use think about this ~~~~~mini gun=super noob~~~~~y is the mini gun a super noob weapon because it has a lots of bullets and a high rate of fire so u dont have to aim u just point in the way the ppl's are and hold it down...so inturn a mini is a noob wp but a sniper m79 and eagles are not

Ok, so youve been playing for 4 years. In the last topic you have made, you said you were playing for 2? Just curious.

Continuing with the bulk of your thread, miniguns are super noob weapons - by far they arent. People have a biased veiw of miniguns, due to the fact newer players (newbies) like to use it, and spray in a random direction or the infamous mini-surf.

Have you ever tried to use minigun as seriously as any gun? The bink now is horrible - its by far the hardest auto to use effectively, and it certainly takes more skill then just hold down the button and spray - its more of, timing the delay, having to stop and start the spray due to the extreme bink, the inaccuracy, minigun is definetly one of the hardest guns to use - ive never seen someone famous for miniguns yet. (If you have, please inform me! :D)

Continuing, m79 and barrets are 1 hit kill guns correct? So - not only do you have the convenience of not having to make consistantly perfect aiming, it kills in 1 hit! Hell, with aim, youd be able to kill anyone. Bunch of skill in a gun that even noobs can use to kill THE best players in the game but how often do you see newbies killing pros using other guns, such as deagles or ruger, or even the plethora of autos? Not many eh?