( search forums )
Soldat 1.3 won't be released!!!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Aquarius
August 4, 2005, 12:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiHurray!
I'll release the new version if this thread gets 100 pages long.

evül Doggfather closed the topic o_O

y0da
August 4, 2005, 2:28 pm
pig :[

Swebonny
August 4, 2005, 3:02 pm
OMFG AAAAAAAA LIFE IS NOT WORTH TO LIVE GRUAHHHHHHHHHHRGGGGG

Droopy
August 4, 2005, 3:54 pm
Sinner! It is forbidden to quote THE GOD!
Yet edit his message!

*pulls out the torch*

MOFO NOFO
August 4, 2005, 3:57 pm
*pulls out the pitch fork*

lastpatriot
August 4, 2005, 3:59 pm
You insultin' Skynyrd, boy?

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 4:08 pm
MM is just kidding..

Liber_Lupus
August 4, 2005, 4:24 pm
No, he actually checks the topic everyday to see if he can release the new version yet or not.
[/a big load of sarcasm]

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 4:28 pm
your'e a [/big load of crap]

btw the topic was locked.. :p lololo!

mickle89
August 4, 2005, 4:34 pm
What MM said is true. It's on the main soldat site in the news and I don't think he would put it on the official site's news just for a joke.

Swebonny
August 4, 2005, 4:52 pm
ofcurse that 100 pagething s fake. Do you think he will realease soldat year 2007 when we finnally get done.

Karaffka
August 4, 2005, 5:11 pm
AAAAAAAAAArr I have to wait no longer! Yay it will upgrade my life!

Kazuki
August 4, 2005, 7:44 pm
... Unbelievable. Next time, we're going to try even harder not to let any of you guys know anything about the new version. Huzzah for:

excitementoverload == bad

p-h-e-e-l
August 4, 2005, 8:20 pm
so you say we should not be excited? :| then that's probably because there aren't so many changes maybe ;|

i hate u kazuki u just ruined my excitement ;|

flab
August 4, 2005, 10:12 pm
If the beta was public people wouldn't need to get so over excited and both parties would be happy. (By that I mean your testers clique and the general population).

N1nj@
August 4, 2005, 10:36 pm
It wouldn't be a beta if it's public.

quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiWhat's the difference between open beta and releasing the game to public?

zoldat
August 4, 2005, 10:38 pm
AAAAAAAAAARRRR i made a topic just like this in the lounge but it got locked

Tha Doggfather
August 4, 2005, 10:53 pm
God am I glad that I'm leaving this forum. Just look at all these retards.

DeMonIc
August 4, 2005, 11:28 pm
:(
For one, I'll miss you. Who's ass am I gonna lick with the "LINK DUMP / Locked" posts?

crazymonkey
August 4, 2005, 11:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha DoggfatherGod am I glad that I'm leaving this forum. Just look at all these retards.

Cool.

karmazon
August 4, 2005, 11:42 pm
wtf damn no soldat 1.3 because of Dogfather's prejudicecejadu however you spell it

flab
August 5, 2005, 12:16 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@It wouldn't be a beta if it's public.

quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiWhat's the difference between open beta and releasing the game to public?

Erm, sure it would. It would be a beta, with bugs, that is open for the public to test. People would continue to play the current version, but also set aside time for testing. Of course, not everyone will test, and some will just play, but a tournament like TNL or SCTFL cannot allow a beta to be used due to the bugs. It would kind of be like a pre-release. People will now say "imagine what the noobs will say, we will get spammed with suggestions for the game", but correct me if I'm wrong, don't you ignore noobs anyway? At least everytime one posts on here you seem to flame them.

If you need examples of public betas:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/public_beta/
https://www-secure.symantec.com/public_beta/
Hell, even Mac OS X released a public beta, as well as Microsoft Antispyware.

If they can release one, why is it so hard for a small game like soldat too?

N1nj@
August 5, 2005, 12:35 am
You actually thinks poeple would continue to play the current version with a public beta? It's natural that poeple wants to use the newer versions or newer things. That's why there is beta versions that get leaked because poeple wants to try the newer versions. Spamming suggestions is not even a problem, it's just that the 'noobs' won't even read what other people have posted or said, which ends up having 5 or 10 topics about the god damn same bug. But within a small closed group of people, we know who posted what, and it's just overall more organized.

I don't know how you drag me into flaming noobs, but I will reply to that also. I don't flame every noobs that post here, only a few of them that is being stupid.

And the bottom line is, Michal doesn't want a public beta and it's not up to our hands to decide what he wants.

flab
August 5, 2005, 12:59 am
Firstly, I cannot see a league allowing a beta version to be used. So no, people would not play it all the time. But, most public servers would play the beta yes.
And yes, the reason betas get leaked is because people want the new version, of course, why shouldn't they? People get bored of old stuff. What is actually wrong with that?

Secondly, the suggestions forum is moderated anyway. It would not be hard to open a beta forum (which you currently have) which is moderated too. But not just one moderator, quite a few so you could easiler discard their views. You could even keep the clique that exsists atm which finalises things like weapon balance, it's just nice for the majority of the decent community to decide (not "noobs", they don't deserve input like "make deagles stronger" or "nerf the barret again") whats best, not just 30 odd people (that's just a rough guess, theres probably more).

Thirdly, it was a general "you" not a personal "you".

Finally, yes it is him that decides, but I see alot of pissed people out there waiting for a new version which could have been finalised alot quicker had more people had a chance to spot bugs. No doubt there will be something you have missed and a patch will be released within a month or two of 1.3 being released.

Anyway enough from me for now, 1.3 is coming soon (we hope) so I'll stay quiet .... well untill that patch is released :o)

Raptor
August 5, 2005, 2:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Tha DoggfatherGod am I glad that I'm leaving this forum. Just look at all these retards.

LOL xD you gave me a laugh...

N1nj@
August 5, 2005, 3:17 am
quote:Firstly, I cannot see a league allowing a beta version to be used. So no, people would not play it all the time. But, most public servers would play the beta yes.
And yes, the reason betas get leaked is because people want the new version, of course, why shouldn't they? People get bored of old stuff. What is actually wrong with that?yes, the league probably won't use the public beta version. But the rest of the poeople will, and that means that the older version (1.2.1) will just get abandon since everyone would rather play the newer version that is still in beta stage, than playing in a older version.

quote:Secondly, the suggestions forum is moderated anyway. It would not be hard to open a beta forum (which you currently have) which is moderated too. But not just one moderator, quite a few so you could easiler discard their views. You could even keep the clique that exsists atm which finalises things like weapon balance, it's just nice for the majority of the decent community to decide (not "noobs", they don't deserve input like "make deagles stronger" or "nerf the barret again") whats best, not just 30 odd people (that's just a rough guess, theres probably more).It just seems to me you just don't trust us (the beta team), we aren't 30 'odd' people, it was carefully chosen by well repected members in the forum. And it's not like we are not letting you to become a beta tester, if you want to, you can just ask.

quote:Thirdly, it was a general "you" not a personal "you".Okay.

quote:Finally, yes it is him that decides, but I see alot of pissed people out there waiting for a new version which could have been finalised alot quicker had more people had a chance to spot bugs. No doubt there will be something you have missed and a patch will be released within a month or two of 1.3 being released.

Anyway enough from me for now, 1.3 is coming soon (we hope) so I'll stay quiet .... well untill that patch is released :o)
People wouldn't be pissed waiting for the new version if some of the beta testers didn't fake anything. I admit that it is our fault. I apologizes in behalf of them. Also, I can gurantee you that most of the bugs are in fact fixed in the next version, and if you can find one in the next version, it is probably because Michal couldn't fix it himself.

DT
August 5, 2005, 6:12 am
the version right now is perfecto
so i don't care if a new version comes out
for a couple of years...
<.<
>.>
<.>

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 6:54 am
Unlock that damn thread ffs Doggfather u niblet

Captain Ben
August 5, 2005, 6:57 am
If he's going to unlock it, I hope its moved to the bashpit, to where it belongs. After seeing the 1.2.2 Discussion, I've given up.

DeMonIc
August 5, 2005, 10:48 am
On a last note to the Public beta discussion, a public beta would make weapon balance testing impossible. Seeing as a new beta would be released every week or so (bugfixes, new balance), the whining would be immense. I mean, it's hard enough to organise things as they are now, it would be impossible to operate with masses.

papasurf31
August 5, 2005, 1:58 pm
Actually, thanks to Aquarius, it just GOT released. Buhbye!

Captain Ben
August 5, 2005, 2:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31Actually, thanks to Aquarius, it just GOT released. Buhbye!

Holy crap! As soon as I saw that, I immediately went onto the homepage. Shows how dumb I am.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 4:06 pm
what's with aquarius these days? :
first he makes a stupid topic like this.. then he releases MM's 9 month's work:P

karmazon
August 5, 2005, 5:33 pm
wtf Micha#322; lied to us !!!!!!

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 6:05 pm
read the name of this topic and then read www.soldat.pl IRONY

karmazon
August 5, 2005, 6:29 pm
Soldat.pl:

SOLDAT - home page

Select language:
Wybierz preferowany jezyk: