( search forums )
20 years from now...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
aprilninety
August 4, 2005, 11:10 pm
noticing as how young most soldat players are on mike shinoda's thread, i was wondering what was to become of all of us 20 years from now.

still the same soldat forums? we possibly would have enough money to meet everyone in las vegas because we'd have jobs and stuff!

i dont know about playing soldat...when i turn 35 my aim might be off.

:(

crazymonkey
August 4, 2005, 11:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by aprilninetywhen i turn 35 my aim might be off.

That sounds oddly disturbing.

LazehBoi
August 4, 2005, 11:36 pm
Hahaha.
I'll be crying because this community will be long gone.

ráz0r
August 5, 2005, 12:06 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiHahaha.

Taking your life with it :(.

LazehBoi
August 5, 2005, 12:54 am
quote:Originally posted by ráz0rquote:Originally posted by LazehBoiHahaha.

Taking your life with it :(.

Yeah. ;_________________________________________________;

ráz0r
August 5, 2005, 1:08 am
joke :<

SeanCapsAss
August 5, 2005, 2:24 am
first comes collage. You might check the forums and play soldat daily after your classes but then slowly daily turns into weekly, and then monthly until finally you're burnt out because of a combination of work and beer, until you almost completly forget about this 2d game and all its wacky international players.

As collage comes to a close you might start to remember bits and pieces of your soldat days and become motivated to download it again (come on do you think youd survive collage without reformatting your computer atleast once or twice i mean youd probably be in a dorm/have a roommate and god knows what he might be looking at / dling) After a few hours of playing you might check into the forums and see whos still left around maybe that dawg chakra or hitman lurking around, you might even try to find old guildies and from some old vet clan that lasts all of two weeks

As you start to post more and more you become nosaligic and begin to think that there are so many more N00bs and dumbasses than there were before, when in reality it was no different. You suddenly get wrapped up in real life you get a job, have a kid, or get married (note you can only pick two) and yet again to forget about soldat.

After things settle down you check back at home or at work the forum is just about dead, it looks like MM is producing soldat 2.5 and there only a total of 50 servers remaining in the lobby. You meet a few people you remember who havent quite moved on yet and you remember the good times you had.

10 years from now You check the site again its hasnt been updated in years and the forums are down... you dont give it another thought and continue to bone your wife/cybernetic girlfriend.

The end

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 2:33 am

20 years from now I shall come back
And finally say, "You have your way, come back to Soldat town."
But you'll look at me with a foreigner's eyes
The magical city, a teenager's city
A fantasy long since put down. =)

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 5, 2005, 4:53 am
20 years from now I should come back and say,
So this is the game that ruined my days.
I'll check the forums for a vehicles suggestion,
but they've been added, to my disgression.
Theres 27 guns now, all are the same,
No more nerf threads, the forums gone tame.
The game is behind me now, I've got my wife.
But I'll remember, and I'll say, "This is the game that ruined my life."

Thank you.

DT
August 5, 2005, 6:18 am
hmm in 20 years i should be drunk and be eating pretzels at a bar
thinking about what could i do differently 20 years back
then i would be thinking about this moment and thinking about how i couldn't spell for sh1t

Captain Ben
August 5, 2005, 7:11 am
I'll hopefully be on a huge manly cargo boat, travelling the Seven Seas, along with my crafty box 'o' coasters.

TIR_Blade
August 5, 2005, 7:58 am
I'll prob be in :"CIA": still in 30 years :(

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 8:51 am
i would have a wife, and ill spend my days teaching my kids how to play this very game on hand held devices with more processing power and memory then we ever thought possible, completly controlled by our minds. fealing that his game has not been forgotten the second coming of MM shall occur and once again all the worlds wars shall be played out on soldat

lastpatriot
August 5, 2005, 12:13 pm
Using former military technologies in 20 years, we can play Soldat all the time with wireless doo-bobs. Even on my 3rd round-the-world-trip. On a timber raft this time!

If the community is not destroyed, it will be great. No more weapon petitions. No Kibitz-type clans. Everyone is happy, and dancing around-a dance a death, but whatever. It becomes one of the most famous freeware games of all time, but newbies, yes, they READ THE MANUAL!!!!!!

This is only if MM doesn't sell out to EA or Midway or whoever, become a millionare, and bang Ms. Poland contestants.

LazehBoi
August 5, 2005, 12:32 pm
I bet we'll be using something like DOSbox to play Soldat. That is funny to think of right now.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 12:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by aprilninetynoticing as how young most soldat players are on mike shinoda's thread, i was wondering what was to become of all of us 20 years from now.

still the same soldat forums? we possibly would have enough money to meet everyone in las vegas because we'd have jobs and stuff!

i dont know about playing soldat...when i turn 35 my aim might be off.

in twenty years, many of us will be dead and soldat will be dead and forgotten and pc's will be 1 inch big:p

Denacke
August 5, 2005, 1:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiI bet we'll be using something like DOSbox to play Soldat. That is funny to think of right now.

uff imagine.. a winbox

aprilninety
August 5, 2005, 11:22 pm
oh dear, i was thinking more like...

MM decides to put in futuristic guns from star wars, because that'd be what all the world's ameries would be using by then.

-laser blasters
-tiny claymores
-lightsabers (heh! i can deflect bullets back to YOU!)

Or, soldat turns into a space-age thing with spacesuit sprites.

30 years from now, wouldn't all of you have kids who'd be playing soldat 10.x?

MM's kid playing soldat...

lastpatriot
August 6, 2005, 12:49 am
Yeah, but don't you think MM would leave the weapons for the "Early 21st-century feel"?

Who's the Lord's wife gonna be?

Cookie.
August 6, 2005, 4:17 am
Pshhh I'll be done Pharmacy school own a drugstore and be rolling in a Benz :P

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 4:23 am
by 20 years, this game would be merely a cloudy memory. I mean come on.. a 40-50 year old playing soldat? that would be enough for your kids have u put in mental care

aprilninety
August 6, 2005, 9:56 am
oh dear, so much for soldat loyalty. ;)

i guess MM would be away from soldat too.

ah, good things must come to an end.

Captain Ben
August 6, 2005, 10:23 am
I bet you once Michal Marcinkowski releases the source code, EA will release a PC-only game eerily similar to Soldat, the only difference being 5 new textures and 36 different kinds of vehicles.

MOFO NOFO
August 6, 2005, 12:24 pm
you forgot that they will make the barret auto aim >:(