( search forums )
CTF Cemetery (Finished!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Raptor
August 5, 2005, 1:39 am
CTF Cemetery

HA! everyone though that I wasn't going to make the map, but here it is! I used the scenerys of the graves from DM_JWF3 and I give full credit to Jason Bonham for his sceneries, without them, maybe this map wouldn't be here.
Now, stop reading this and download this waypointed map :D

Overview:

[IMAGE]

Click the image to download

I hope you like this map!

Jello
August 5, 2005, 2:49 am
Looks nice, good simple layout and what-not. The moon's a nice touch too. Can we get a few close-up shots?
EDIT: The little thing in the middle sort of reminds me of CTF_Equinox, and along with the night setting and the moon graphic, the whole map gives me the same feel. Which I like, because I like Equinox.

grand_diablo
August 5, 2005, 2:56 am
nice shading and scens

but gameplay looks like a lot of boostage and sprayage ;o

VodkaZombie
August 5, 2005, 3:00 am
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablonice shading and scens

but gameplay looks like a lot of boostage and sprayage ;o

Exactley, this looks like one of the better sprayage maps i've seen so far.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 4:26 am
Are those tombstone sceneries? If so, I'm getting! (I'm getting anyways). ;)

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 8:17 am
u could do some tunnels from the graves that they would leed somewhere

DeMonIc
August 5, 2005, 10:28 am
I'm sorry to say that it didn't turn out extraordinary.. you should really ditch the lump.

If you wish to make a symmetrical ctf map, either make the map pretty small, the bases symmetrical and the middle varieted and interesting, or make a nice layout for one half of the map (NOT a straight valley) and mirror the whole thing.

I do not wish to post more criticism on the map, since I fear I might offend you.

Blackdavis
August 5, 2005, 10:46 am
Lokks a bit flatly :o

vash763
August 5, 2005, 1:34 pm
I like all of these flat maps actually

Raptor
August 5, 2005, 8:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcI'm sorry to say that it didn't turn out extraordinary.. you should really ditch the lump.

If you wish to make a symmetrical ctf map, either make the map pretty small, the bases symmetrical and the middle varieted and interesting, or make a nice layout for one half of the map (NOT a straight valley) and mirror the whole thing.

I do not wish to post more criticism on the map, since I fear I might offend you.

Don't worry man, you can post constructive criticism. The map now looks better because of your suggestions!

I know the map looks flat, but many people like those kinds of maps.

About the tunnels in the graves, I love that idea :D. I'll see what I can do.