( search forums )
An interesting sort of zombie match
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Zero72
August 5, 2005, 10:34 am
One finds interesting ways to keep Soldat fun when he can barely play online, and I invented this one pretty much by accident.

I have an extremely generic home-made unarmed zombie called just Shadow Zombie. It's solid black, skin and clothes and all, hence Shadow. I went to Beaver's newish map, DarkMine, arbitrarily, and added 10 or 13 or so of the bots. I hadn't even thought about it beforehand, but the map's black background rendered the black bots almost entirely invisible. The only ways to see them were from their grenades, when they were wounded or when they went near a light. It was pretty wild, and I had some spectacular combo kills, especially when I got a Berzerker with a pair of Desert Eagles, and found a bunch of them standing near each other. I think that was worth a GIMME MORE. And I even had some awesome chain kills with my Razor Sword, which is always fun.

I'd post screenshots, but I only have two, and neither are really interesting. I hit the kill limit of 100 with only two deaths on the record.

Koon
August 5, 2005, 5:08 pm
lol, that sounds like so much fun. you could be like running along and then BAM! a nade blows you up.

The @venger
August 9, 2005, 8:12 pm
can u plz post a dl for the map and the bots?

Zero72
August 9, 2005, 9:11 pm
The bot is in my bot pack somewhere, and the map is probably on the mid-to-lower front page of the New Maps forum.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 9:52 pm
That sounds like a lot of fun, i'd download the map if I could (and no I can't) and try it myself (with my own bots)

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 1:47 am
that'd be fun with the invis guys.

firebolt145
August 11, 2005, 4:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Zero72I even had some awesome chain kills with my Razor Sword, which is always fun.

You use Mecha mod?

Zero72
August 11, 2005, 5:25 am
Nope.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 7:04 pm
That actually sounds pretty sweet.

tRaQs
August 18, 2005, 10:08 pm
The next question is, multiplayer?

Zero72
August 19, 2005, 8:40 am
No, just me.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 6:18 pm
The best map is Ninja. It's all black, with these dark trees with branches that go very high into the air. You play with barrets only, or with knives only. Anyone who is non-noob will go into the Ninja game with only black so you are almost invisible. It owns.