( search forums )
A (semi) official Soldat 1.3 Balance blame thread
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra`
August 5, 2005, 4:25 pm

Hello, my name Chakra, and i've been beta-testing Soldat 1.3, which just got released this very hour!

I, like many other beta testers, had a significant role in the current balance you'll all now be enjoying. I do hope you enjoy it. Theres been many significant changes, which took us an awfully long time to try to get right.

The biggest change in 1.3's balance is something called 'Self Bink'.

"But Chakra, whats Self Bink?"

I'm glad you asked billy. Self bink is something that only affects autos. The longer they fire they're weapon, the more their aim will become randomised, as if being binked. Because they 'are' being binked, by themselves!

What does this mean for balance as a whole? it means if you wish to use an automatic weapon, you will have to fire in bursts to maintain reasonable accuracy.

The 'general' list of other balance changes are...

slight reduction in damage for socom.

Reduction in damage for DE's, but minimal increase in the rate of fire. Longer reload too.

MP5 has less damage, plus SB (self bink), the least of the 4 main autos.

AK74 has less damage too, plus alot of SB. It also fires 10% slower.

Steyr has less damage again, and an average amount of SB.

Shotgun has slightly less damage and slightly longer rate of fire.

Ruger has longer reload. It was 'supposed' to fire at a FireInterval of 40 (as us beta testers wished it), but it was coming close to the end and Michal got ahead of himself and released it prematurely without this change. We appologise for any over-abundance of rugertards.

M79 fires 5% slower, and has slightly less bink.

Barret is same.

Minimi has less damage and the most SB.

Minigun is unsurfable.

LAW now has a 'startup' time like the minigun, only twice as short.

For more information on the balance, consult the weapons.ini in your soldat folder, and compare it to the weapons121.ini .

Now, as is most usual with any release of Soldat, the initial changes can 'stun' and perhaps even warp peoples perspective of the game. I do ask that you have patience and give it at least a week before showing your opinion.

However, for any long-term dislikes towards the balance that the beta team spent a large time trying to establish, please blame Demonics.

He's a 15 year old american dude who looks kinda freaky, but he's a nice guy. However he had a role in the beta team, and the beta team have decided it'd be wise (for us) to make Demonics the scapegoat, so that the rest of us may live our lives without random soldat players going "OMFG YOU NERFED MY F***ING GUN!! FU!".

Please, any opinions, dislikes, hate towards the beta team for 'ruining' any weapon of your preference, or anything at all. Direct it towards Demonics. He's agreed to this, so don't worry about it.

Thanks, from me and the Beta team. xxx

text_killer
August 5, 2005, 4:38 pm
quote:He's a 15 year old american dude who looks kinda freaky, but he's a nice guy.

Btw, he is Hungarian ;)

Aquarius
August 5, 2005, 4:39 pm
I like changes in M79, it's a bit more pro now.

Chakra`
August 5, 2005, 4:42 pm
Indeed he is Hungarian. I haven't been invited to beta-testing Demonics so I know little about him.

MOFO NOFO
August 5, 2005, 4:43 pm
lol, i will pwn so many aus minimi whoring clan fkers.

KeFear
August 5, 2005, 4:51 pm
My only comment is.. "Self Bink" is not new. it's in soldat for ages. It was called realistic mode.

ThaD
August 5, 2005, 4:59 pm
you killed ruger, thank you ;/

i am ahab
August 5, 2005, 5:02 pm
interesting blofeld...

but how are you at canasta!?!

cooz
August 5, 2005, 5:05 pm
k maybe ill start this crusade:
just a compariason of desert eagles and ruger,

- they are killing in same way: 2 shots in head 3 in body,
- de has 3 more buletes than ruger in clip,
- de has a slight faster reload time,
- de has no blink efect - Bink=0, ruger - Bink=18
- de is more accured in move - MovementAcc=1, ruger - MovementAcc=3
- de shoots faster - FireInterval=23, ruger - FireInterval=32
- ruger shots farther, which is most of the time useless couse soldat isnt long range shooting game,

in v1.2.1, ruger could kill with 2 bullets and have smaller clip than eagles, but now its just useles weapon,
and what, u say "u have to got more skils" - "ill answer - bull(Please refrain from swearing)! use de!" remeber my words, v1.3 will be Desert Eagles era!

Chakra`
August 5, 2005, 5:13 pm
Not only do you talk bollocks, you have forgotten to blame Demonics.

Drama
August 5, 2005, 5:18 pm
r.i.p AK

Felix
August 5, 2005, 5:18 pm
quote:Minigun is unsurfable.

btw we can surf with minigun, even if it's a bit slower.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 5:20 pm
damn, i used to like the minimi, now every thing is so much weaker

R.I.P minimi, i will never forget you *gently throws flowers into grave*

:'(

*Edit* Hmm... now what weapon shall i use...

MP5 has less damage, plus SB (self bink), the least of the 4 main autos.

AK74 has less damage too, plus alot of SB. It also fires 10% slower.

Steyr has less damage again, and an average amount of SB.

Shotgun has slightly less damage and slightly longer rate of fire.

M79 fires 5% slower, and has slightly less bink.

*camera shows longshot of SDFilm's house* AAAARRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!

i am ahab
August 5, 2005, 5:24 pm
DEMONICS YOU FIEND STOP

I SHALL DEFEAT YOU AT MY SECRET ISLAND VOLCANO BASE STOP

PLEASE BRING BIKINI CLAD FEMALE STOP

karmazon
August 5, 2005, 5:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`
slight reduction in damage for socom.

WTF why ?
It wasn't THAT deadly

Aquarius
August 5, 2005, 5:33 pm
Because of the backflip, m79 speed jumps are a bit harder now. I like it.

NavySeal
August 5, 2005, 5:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFearMy only comment is.. "Self Bink" is not new. it's in soldat for ages. It was called realistic mode.

Its different from realistic these bullets don't go up they scatter both up and down. Its great

cooz
August 5, 2005, 5:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Not only do you talk bollocks, you have forgotten to blame Demonics.

im not blaming only Demonics, i blame all of beta testers who didnt prevent (Please refrain from swearing)ing up weapon balance.

Denacke
August 5, 2005, 5:49 pm
Tut tut, you did not give it a week.

cooz
August 5, 2005, 5:53 pm
i dont need to give it a week, in a week ruger wont start to killing ppl with 2 shots in body :P

KeFear
August 5, 2005, 5:53 pm
*aggreez with cooz*

My poor ruger :,(

Tested it with a friend, sometimes ruger killed only with 4 (FOUR!!) shots. But 3 was more often.

*throws ruger into smelter pit and cries*

MOFO NOFO
August 5, 2005, 5:56 pm
lol ill give it 2 days before a new patch

NavySeal
August 5, 2005, 6:00 pm
The grenades has been nerfed a lot, you don't die in one nade now, wich make one man rush flag throw nades on teams and get away harder

Swarmer
August 5, 2005, 6:00 pm
WOOT, chainsaw owns now!!!

you forgot to add in the longer range of saws in your list of changes.

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
August 5, 2005, 6:02 pm
deags are even more over (Please refrain from swearing)ing powered like they have been before

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 6:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by coozim not blaming only Demonics, i blame all of beta testers who didnt prevent (Please refrain from swearing)ing up weapon balance.

Wtf do you think fully modifiable weapons are for? Go and sort out your own weapon balance and bring it back, then maybe you'll understand what the beta testers had to try and do.

cooz
August 5, 2005, 6:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOlol ill give it 2 days before a new patch

yeah - erasing ruger, no need to be in soldat more time.

Michal Marcinkowski
August 5, 2005, 6:08 pm
Thank you Uncle Chakra.
Just two issues:
The Ruger wasn't going to be slower because we agreed it was boring. It has a bit less damage, so 3 shot kills are more frequent.
"M79 fires 5% slower" - the bullet speed is slower, not fire.

Chakra`
August 5, 2005, 6:09 pm
Please, refrain from opinions. You've had 3 hours to get used to it. I've had two months.

We've had numerous 'clan wars' with different weapons in that time, focusing on weapon types and classes, and individually against one another. In the one on one situations, results seemed to be pretty much 50/50, depending on the persons own skill with the weapon. It doesn't get more balanced than that.

To anyone who thinks auto is nerfed: it is. Duh.
It's still highly usable, but takes skill to kill. Try to fire in controlled bursts rather than spraying ahead of you. The better your aim, the better you'll be. I'll dare say that autos may be the more 'harder' weapons now, but with a bit of practice, you'll learn how to use it.

To cooz: During beta, we all started worrying the ruger may be 'too' powerful. It's certainly proved effective to us against all weapons.
So my suggestion to you is, stop playing in laggy servers, or learn how to aim. It's a damn good weapon.

As for DE's being too powerful: they had the largest reduction in damage.

Also, to my Nephew Michal (i'm so proud of you), thank you for your correction.

One Last Time

Do not post your opinions 'yet'. Do not be a fool. Refrain from judgement until you play it for longer than,
say, an hour.
How about a week?

(until then, blame Demonic)

DeMonIc
August 5, 2005, 6:11 pm
Finally I can get the attention I was always longing for!

It's quite interesting how people already whine, after playing... what, 4 hours?

Chakra`
August 5, 2005, 6:14 pm
And another thing.....

quote:Originally posted by NavySealThe grenades has been nerfed a lot, you don't die in one nade now, wich make one man rush flag throw nades on teams and get away harder

What...the sweet bloody feck.... are you on about.

N1nj@
August 5, 2005, 6:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by NavySealThe grenades has been nerfed a lot, you don't die in one nade now, wich make one man rush flag throw nades on teams and get away harder
Nades were untouch. Check ur facts.

papasurf31
August 5, 2005, 6:18 pm
HAHA, PWNED. So, I noticed the manual has not yet been updated with the new stats. Can someone list for me the exact damage ratios of each gun's bullet in relation to full health for the new version? MM preferably.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 6:21 pm
Just compare to the weapons121.ini in your soldat folder.

NavySeal
August 5, 2005, 6:24 pm
Well seems it was the server that I joined

cooz
August 5, 2005, 6:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiThe Ruger wasn't going to be slower because we agreed it was boring.

[Ruger 77] section:
weapons121.ini ReloadTime=75
weapons.ini ReloadTime=115

ow sorry, ure right it isnt slower, sory my master.

and on apart look on that:
[Desert Eagles] section:
weapons121.ini ReloadTime=90
weapons.ini ReloadTime=105

i was so wrong, how couldnt i see that v1.3 didnt overpowerd de ,
u all are right, this balance is perfect...

...but why the hell im starting shooting whet ruger is still reloading? i just dont get it, it must be just me :S

Chakra`
August 5, 2005, 6:28 pm
Ahh no worries guv. We all get a little ahead of ourselves, especially when theres so much to take in.

Another thing to note: it's quite possible that you've joined a server with a weapons mod installed.

When you join a server, in the weapons menu, put your mouse cursor over a weapon in the menu and you'll see the statistics of that weapon (which will be displayed in a way that compares them to the 'standard' balance)

NavySeal
August 5, 2005, 6:30 pm
I'm allready testing super pistol =D. Now mods should be a lot funnier to play

-Claw-
August 5, 2005, 6:34 pm
Let me blame bugs, first one i saw after 3 minutes of playing: "List index out of bounds (0)" -Box, only thing you can dp is press Alt + F4... (when you press enter, it comes back, if it doesnt, it will after you move..)

KeFear
August 5, 2005, 6:35 pm
YEah, i'm working on a weapon modder if anyone is interested..

And another thought:
The new weapon mod display is so fancy, and cool, the only problem with it: i don't have time to read it and i'm dead.

Veronica
August 5, 2005, 6:40 pm
Why not just raise the HP (health points) of the characters instead of lowering weapon damage

SeanCapsAss
August 5, 2005, 6:42 pm
Omg i love the new version I feel good about myself when im using the spas. THANKS ALOT BETA TEAM GUYS :) or should i just be thanking one designated person like demonic? ;)

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 7:09 pm
Definetly the best version so far. Important bug fixes, and a good weapon balance. The only thing I can complain/whine about is the backflip, which looks pretty kinky but is totally useless and just interferes with m79/nade boosting. So far I haven't met a single person who likes, except the betatesters. Right now I'm just wondering why the hell you didn't make another button for it, or even added it in the first place.

DeMonIc
August 5, 2005, 7:10 pm
Dear Mr.cooz,

Let me assure you on behalf of Scapegoat of 1.3 (tm) that we have read and acknowladged your message about how much "ruger sucks now". I am sure that you have noticed the changes that were made with both ruger and desert eagles.(which you compared Ruger 77 to) Both guns were given a raised reload time, ruger has almost 2 seconds reload time, while DE has slightly less. Please also notice that the DE had their damage massively lowered, while Ruger was untouched in any other way. Ofcourse you are a straight-headed, clear thinking man: you remember that, in 1.2.1, the ruger was one of the most powerfull weapons after automatics. No one doubts the fierce power of 2 rugers top route: after the changes we have made, this won't go away.

Yours sincerely:
Demonic, head Scapegoat of 1.3(tm)

P.S.: Shut the f*ck up!

NavySeal
August 5, 2005, 7:14 pm
So just a question, server with (WM) in front of their names has changed something about the weapon?

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 7:17 pm
Yes.

_Mancer_
August 5, 2005, 7:24 pm
"Ruger has longer reload. It was 'supposed' to fire at a FireInterval of 40 (as us beta testers wished it), but it was coming close to the end and Michal got ahead of himself and released it prematurely without this change. We appologise for any over-abundance of rugertards."

:{

Yukwunhang
August 5, 2005, 7:25 pm
MANCER YOU'RE NOT OWNING ANYMORE MUWHAHAHA.

_Mancer_
August 5, 2005, 7:26 pm
What ever happened to the "deagles are weaker' thing?

DragonSlayer
August 5, 2005, 7:29 pm
I think you have done excellent job with balancing weapons. I have been playing for all day and I'm really glad about these things:

1) DE is not as powerful anymore.
2) Autos need more skill and spraying is harder, thank god.
3) Ruger reload is slower (although the time interval between bullets could be a bit slower as well in my opinion, but that's me)
4) Spas rocks now

Overall, seems very balanced. Good job. :D

Bug
August 5, 2005, 7:34 pm
The thing I like is: Barret feels like it was 1.1.2-1.1.5 <3. Not sure if it is, but it feels like it!

NavySeal
August 5, 2005, 7:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by BugThe thing I like is: Barret feels like it was 1.1.2-1.1.5 <3. Not sure if it is, but it feels like it!

Barret wasn't changed at all.

cooz
August 5, 2005, 7:36 pm
k dear mr. DeMonIc,
u and other betatesters tried their best to make weapons balanced,
playes (counting me) will adapt to new version couse they dont have
any other choice.

Yours sincerely:
Demonic, head whiner of 1.3(tm)

P.S.: U fuc*ked up it anyway!

edit:
i was using ruger before v1.2.1 and when that version came out some time ago i was so happy that MM didnt changed it :/

Bug
August 5, 2005, 7:37 pm
Uh well, atleast I feel it has changed to the old barret ;o Anyway, I like it, whether it's changed or not!

crazymonkey
August 5, 2005, 7:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_"Ruger has longer reload. It was 'supposed' to fire at a FireInterval of 40 (as us beta testers wished it), but it was coming close to the end and Michal got ahead of himself and released it prematurely without this change. We appologise for any over-abundance of rugertards."

BAH!

crazymonkey
October 5, 2004, 7:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_"Ruger has longer reload. It was 'supposed' to fire at a FireInterval of 40 (as us beta testers wished it), but it was coming close to the end and Michal got ahead of himself and released it prematurely without this change. We appologise for any over-abundance of rugertards."

:

Hoodlum
August 5, 2005, 7:50 pm

Yeah it hurt me to.

;[

_Mancer_
August 5, 2005, 7:53 pm
Its ok guys, I'm still going to thrash with it because of the deagle and auto nerfing :]

Twinkler
August 5, 2005, 7:57 pm
That backflip is gonna take some getting used to. Like Aquarius said, it complicates speed jumps with the M79. For a while I didn't know wtf I was doing wrong.

One question, there seems to be slightly more lag in all the servers that are out right now, and lots of "Connection Problems".

Now is that because all the servers open right now suck ass, is it because of the new version itself, is it because the Dedicated Server is even more unstable with the new version, is it because the Lobby is still adjusting to the new version, or is it all in my head?

KeFear
August 5, 2005, 8:01 pm
[IMAGE]

My clanmate took this picture after playing 1.3 for 15 minutes on localhost without any weapon mods.
He was using M79, then respawn and BANG! This is what he saw. The cursor went down to half size when he reached the bridge, and the M79 awfully shot, he couldn't aim and such.
Nice little bug, eh?

NavySeal
August 5, 2005, 8:14 pm
on those heavy modified server you easily get kicked for cheating

.alex.oner.
August 5, 2005, 8:16 pm
KaFear, that happened to me aswell, although mine was about 3X the size of that, took up more then the whole screen.. im not sure what it was.. and i like the new backflip thing, its alot easyer to dodge nades being thrown at you when running, dodgeing knifers from lurking above, etc.. overall, i am pleased with this new version :)

Zero72
August 5, 2005, 8:25 pm
This self-bink has completely (Please refrain from swearing)ing ruined the new version for me. I (Please refrain from swearing)ing hate it. Son of a (Please refrain from swearing).

Twinkler
August 5, 2005, 8:27 pm
Shame on you! You did not wait a week!!

ráz0r
August 5, 2005, 8:28 pm
Was the backflip put in just too annoy m79 jumpers.. ?

edit: ill explain it a little more, as i prepare an m79 jump I go fast and then turn around and as i jump, i shoot. at the correct angle.. to where I want to go.. ok. Now when I turn backwards and jump I do a backflip, and my m79 fails to respond. Maybe if you fixed this so the m79 actually does respond, and makes a fine jump rather than just a backflip, ive managed a few m79 jumps, but its just more awkward. *plz fix*

GluLm
August 5, 2005, 8:29 pm
I still don't like ricochets. >:I

MonkeyHead79
August 5, 2005, 8:31 pm
I hardly think one needs to wait a week to tell whether or not one hates the self-binking. It was all good and well in realistic mode, but it has no place in non-realistic mode in my opinion.

Dj-SAGI
August 5, 2005, 8:35 pm
1. the blance = suxs
the guys that 100 more then 100 ping have so much lags!!!
and the sel bink too!
and the law?! wtf why i need to wait 0.3 secs to shot ?its suxs!! it out

Teh Panda
August 5, 2005, 8:36 pm
Ok. My opinion:

First you whine about that there's no new versions for ages, then, when it's finally released, you whine about everything (Please refrain from swearing)ed up in new version, and want to stick up with the old version.
Anything doesnt put you play this game, so mind to shut the (Please refrain from swearing) up?

MonkeyHead79
August 5, 2005, 8:38 pm
I'd be perfectly content without the self-binking. Almost all the other modifications I'm hunky dory with.

Zero72
August 5, 2005, 8:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Teh PandaOk. My opinion:

First you whine about that there's no new versions for ages, then, when it's finally released, you whine about everything (Please refrain from swearing)ed up in new version, and want to stick up with the old version.
Anything doesnt put you play this game, so mind to shut the (Please refrain from swearing) up?
Why SHOULDN'T we whine about what's (Please refrain from swearing)ed up in the new version? You want it should never be fixed?

Liber_Lupus
August 5, 2005, 8:50 pm
What's to fix here? Everything is perfect. The weapons have never been so balanced. /me hugs Demonics. You did a nice job with it.

What I don't get it is. People wanted weaker automatics. They got weaker automatics and now they want them to be stronger again. gah. People :|

Teh Panda
August 5, 2005, 8:50 pm
But the whining about everything is just way too off.. :/

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 8:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72This self-bink has completely (Please refrain from swearing)ing ruined the new version for me. I (Please refrain from swearing)ing hate it. Son of a (Please refrain from swearing).

That's what quite a few beta testers thought too (even though they didn't express it in such aggressive manners) but eventually they got used to it too. Let me show you a little picture (c) grand_diablo

[IMAGE]

Zero72
August 5, 2005, 8:56 pm
I swear profusely when angered. Sorry, can't help it.

Also, to be brutally honest, I've not yet played the new version. I'm still trying to download the damn thing. But it just sounds extremely bad to me.

Should've kept my mouth shut, sorry. I'll come back with a more intelligent post in a little while.

MonkeyHead79
August 5, 2005, 9:01 pm
I see in the updates list some minor "invisible bullet" bug has apparently been fixed. Not one I'd ever encountered myself, to the best of my knowledge. Congratulations. ...Any idea why somewhere upward of 50% of the bullets in every game I play seem to be invisible now?

Edit: I must congratulate everyone on managing to tone down the deagles such an insane amount, though. Feels very, very different. :p

wormdundee
August 5, 2005, 9:06 pm
I have no problems with this versions balance except the deagles. As I'm sure many of you know I mainly use ruger, and yeh, it takes a few more shots to kill someone, but it's not that big of a deal. However, deagles were way too powerful in the last version and they still are in this one. YES, I realize they were nerfed in this version, but seeing as how a person using deagles can kill me in about a second, there's a problem. And DEMONIC, what the bloody hell were you thinking putting the deagles fire rate even higher than it already was? That's what makes it so damn good. I think it should've had damage less decreased than it is and the fire speed somewhat increased, not decreased for gods sake.

Although I do really like the new version overall and I hate to say it, but 1.3 will indeed be the era of the deagles.

_Mancer_
August 5, 2005, 9:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72I swear profusely when angered. Sorry, can't help it.

Also, to be brutally honest, I've not yet played the new version. I'm still trying to download the damn thing. But it just sounds extremely bad to me.

Should've kept my mouth shut, sorry. I'll come back with a more intelligent post in a little while.

All I can say is wow. What an idiot :X

NavySeal
August 5, 2005, 9:08 pm
those invisible bullets could been law missile, just happen once to me, and be sure the server hasn't modified the weapons

ráz0r
August 5, 2005, 9:10 pm
bullets are kinda fast in other games tbh, unless you always play 2d shooters.

MonkeyHead79
August 5, 2005, 9:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by NavySealthose invisible bullets could been law missile, just happen once to me, and be sure the server hasn't modified the weapons

No offense, but do you really think I can't tell the difference between a LAW missile and a stream of bullets?

And yes, I'm sure there were no weapons modifications on the server.

Edit: New glitch. After playing something like 5 games, my mp3 playlist goes absolutely berzerk right from the start of a match.

Iag0
August 5, 2005, 9:35 pm
everything seems to hit far more than it did on 1.2.1, all in all everything seems to happen faster and yet some weapons have been slowed down...

keep getting killed by invisable bullets/nades etc more than on 1.2.1

weapons seem to be balanced with each other but not with the game style e.g. you kill someone now before the two of you have had much time to move around

NavySeal
August 5, 2005, 9:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by MonkeyHead79quote:Originally posted by NavySealthose invisible bullets could been law missile, just happen once to me, and be sure the server hasn't modified the weapons

No offense, but do you really think I can't tell the difference between a LAW missile and a stream of bullets?

And yes, I'm sure there were no weapons modifications on the server.

Edit: New glitch. After playing something like 5 games, my mp3 playlist goes absolutely berzerk right from the start of a match.

Yeah but the rocket is also a bullet, I didn't see the rocket just died a bit out from the start then looked at the kill board and it said i was killed by law, thats what I mean.

All the server I find is modified no fun. problaly gonna have to wait a couple of days before some good server comes up

MonkeyHead79
August 5, 2005, 9:52 pm
You know, honestly, the one thing I hate most about the self-binking is that it detracts from the relatively simplistic style of the gameplay. Change the reload times, the firing rates, the damage per bullet if you have to to get the weapons balanced... but binking just doesn't belong outside of Realistic mode. Sure, it may be possible to get used to it, but it still detracts from the simplicity.

As you may have guessed, I'm not a big fan of Realistic mode either. :p I don't mind the fall damage much, and the line-of-sight thing is neat, but the recoil always turned me off. I can only imagine what Realistic mode is like now -- recoil AND self-binking? Oy vey.

grand_diablo
August 5, 2005, 9:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by wormdundeeI have no problems with this versions balance except the deagles. As I'm sure many of you know I mainly use ruger, and yeh, it takes a few more shots to kill someone, but it's not that big of a deal. However, deagles were way too powerful in the last version and they still are in this one. YES, I realize they were nerfed in this version, but seeing as how a person using deagles can kill me in about a second, there's a problem. And DEMONIC, what the bloody hell were you thinking putting the deagles fire rate even higher than it already was? That's what makes it so damn good. I think it should've had damage less decreased than it is and the fire speed somewhat increased, not decreased for gods sake.

Although I do really like the new version overall and I hate to say it, but 1.3 will indeed be the era of the deagles.

This is so friggin ROFL. I got 3 complains via IRC query today, saying the deagles are useless now, same on the TBA Public. The only weapon that might have a chance to dominate by now, is _maybe_ (JUST MAYBE) the Spas, the rest seems very well outbalanced. Finetuning is always possible, and its most likely not 100% perfect, but we wont have any version with a "pick-up and pwn" [(c) Chakra] weapon anymore.

PS: Please take a look at the weapons.ini of 1.3 and 1.2.1 and compare them then, before stating crap.

PPS: Consider all weapons in your statement. If you only use one weapon and are not the willing to change the way you use it a bit, don't whine.

PPPS: As we mentioned several times already, dont judge the balance by the first hours you played the new version. Everything feels different, and you must get used to 1.3, which is indeed a "slower" version that 1.2.1 and aswell you got to learn how to handle your weapon in it. Give it a few weeks and once you got used to 1.3, take a careful look at the balance from your point of view and post it as constructive criticism then. It aint THAT hard.

Kazuki
August 5, 2005, 10:01 pm
Did any of you even read his post? Am I wrong or did he ask you to have patience and give it at least a week before you form your opinions?

Maybe next beta versions we'll leak it so we won't have all the complaints at once, or maybe we can just not change anything in the weapon balance area. How does that sound to everyone? GUESS WHAT'S NEW IN THE NEW VERSION GUYS! NOT THE WEAPON BALANCE! :D

LazehBoi
August 5, 2005, 10:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by EF_RuneDefinetly the best version so far. Important bug fixes, and a good weapon balance. The only thing I can complain/whine about is the backflip, which looks pretty kinky but is totally useless and just interferes with m79/nade boosting. So far I haven't met a single person who likes, except the betatesters. Right now I'm just wondering why the hell you didn't make another button for it, or even added it in the first place.

For style, man.
Anyway, give it some time and practice. I remember seeing chak backflip and dodge a barret bullet RIGHT before it got to him. It struck me with awe.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 10:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2quote:Originally posted by Zero72This self-bink has completely (Please refrain from swearing)ing ruined the new version for me. I (Please refrain from swearing)ing hate it. Son of a (Please refrain from swearing).

That's what quite a few beta testers thought too (even though they didn't express it in such aggressive manners) but eventually they got used to it too. Let me show you a little picture (c) grand_diablo

[IMAGE]

wow, your picture realy sums up my minimi-V1.3 experience (except that i did NOT just 'spray and pray' as if it was an mp5 or minigun)

now im not as mad about it ;)

lol, the words at the end sound like an old RAF flight manual "Now you have the Hun in your site"

NavySeal
August 5, 2005, 10:13 pm
wanna play normal game over, net but all the server has modified nearly all weapons so have to wait =(. problably gonna get tired of it after a day or so. Also doesn't feel any different in m79 when I tried it against bot

madchal
August 5, 2005, 10:20 pm
thank you beta team for making the ruger less powerfull! THNK YOU!

but... making every auto less powerfull...shame on you... epecially the ak...
and spas.... that was perfectly powerfull, only on close quarters did it kill in one shot.

the rest is quite good. now if all the new bugs will only dissapear.. like the crosshair that dissapears(wtf is that?) and the crosshair that is as big as the screen..if that was a joke its NOT funny..

but still, gj with the new version. even though i really liked 1.2.1

madchal
August 5, 2005, 10:22 pm
i couldnt fint any edit button so here we go:

everything i wrote was about the realistic mode, since that mode rules and thats the only mode i play. thank you.

N1nj@
August 5, 2005, 10:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by madchalthank you beta team for making the ruger less powerfull! THNK YOU!

but... making every auto less powerfull...shame on you... epecially the ak...
and spas.... that was perfectly powerfull, only on close quarters did it kill in one shot.

the rest is quite good. now if all the new bugs will only dissapear.. like the crosshair that dissapears(wtf is that?) and the crosshair that is as big as the screen..if that was a joke its NOT funny..

but still, gj with the new version. even though i really liked 1.2.1
The spas can't kill a full health player in one shot. And of course spas is powerful in close combat, that's what the gun is for.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 10:27 pm
You dont need a week to decide, but you do need to have a bit of combat first to find out that its not all doom, doom and doom.

I was VERY annoyed when i saw- less powerfull, less powerfull, less powerfull and less powerfull on the first post but i think it works in a strange kind of way.

madchal
it sure can. in realistic mode, as i said in my second post.

DT
and deagles...
in realistic a spas or a deagle can kill in one shot... even the ruger

madchal
August 5, 2005, 10:30 pm
ruger is one of the most powerful weaps in realistic mode, ive always said taht the ruger should be less good in realistic mode, and it seems like that problem has been taken care of. thats very good of you.

sure, the weaps is less powerfull, but almost all weaps are less powerfull so it isnt so much of a problem.

i still think that the beta testers have made a good job.

Zegovia
August 5, 2005, 10:49 pm
I like this version much better than the old one, since you can die in a more
intresting way and such. the new balance on the weapons will bring more challenge to the game..... the names on the edge on the screen thing is convinient too... ^^

The ruger is okay, even if it has a tremendous recoil, slower reload time and lesser damage, that makes it just more fun to master... :D

The selfbink is NOOOOO problem at all, Just frequently press the fire button instead of holding it down...... :P

There are many bugs, but its quite obvious that they will be fixed when a new patch or such comes out....so ill be patient... ;)

GAMEOVER
August 5, 2005, 10:51 pm
Before any more people start whining about how this or that weapon is weak now take a look at all the weapons just about all of em seemed to be toned down damage wise aside from the ruger which has a longer reload time, and deagles a little less powerful(how much less anyway?) so what they make up for it in increased fire rate. Everyone stop crying like some 2 y/o's and congradulate the people who spent all the time making everything balanced, kudos to you guys!

Zero72
August 5, 2005, 11:04 pm
My more intelligent post is that I hate all of the raped automatics, and life, and I think 1.3 completely blows goats. We'll see how this is in a week, but I doubt it will change.

ráz0r
August 5, 2005, 11:30 pm
It feels more like a game now, than soldat. Definate improvement, just only problem is the backflip, I don't like it all but thats just my opinion and a few others. Maybe find more problems later but so far it looks nice. Good job.

wormdundee
August 5, 2005, 11:38 pm
Deagles power went from 210 to 176

Note: Check out these stats

[USSOCOM]
Damage=172
FireInterval=12
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=65
Speed=180
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1
---------------
[Desert Eagles]
Damage=176
FireInterval=23
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=103
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

What's the point of using deagles? Unless you think it sounds cooler or something.

madchal
August 5, 2005, 11:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zegovia
The selfbink is NOOOOO problem at all, Just frequently press the fire button instead of holding it down...... :P

maybe michal has some stocks in a mouse making corporation hehehe

grand_diablo
August 5, 2005, 11:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by wormdundeeDeagles power went from 210 to 176
What's the point of using deagles? Unless you think it sounds cooler or something.

- More range
- faster shots

speed affects damage you know :)

Outcast
August 6, 2005, 12:00 am
*more damage too, it shoots 2 bullets you kno.

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 12:08 am
I kept thinking that the Desert Eagles were overpowered the whole time, so you should be glad I didn't have my way with them ...

Also, I'm a Deagler myself, so you can't tell me that I was only thinking that because I hate DE's.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 12:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Zero72Also, to be brutally honest, I've not yet played the new version. I'm still trying to download the damn thing. But it just sounds extremely bad to me.

OMFG. I'm sorry, but...christ. How can you live with yourself after acting like such a retard?

solohan50
August 6, 2005, 12:59 am
well, i just have to say, after all the beta testing and glitches that have been fixed, u guys couldn't have fixed the fact that i'm still getting shot through walls by barrets? and i'm not a fan of the self-bink right now, but there will be no complaints about that for at least a few days....but was the LAW delay really necessary?

Teh Panda
August 6, 2005, 1:02 am
IMO, weaponbalance is FINE!
I love it. The new version rocks.
As Zero's post said, you need to tell whats bad in 1.3, but most comments i've heard: "OMFG EVERYTHING SUCKS, OLOOLLOOLL SELF-BINK ROFFLLFLLLOO RUINED THE WHOLE GAME!"

If you have complaints, do it properly.

_Mancer_
August 6, 2005, 1:09 am
Uhg just got done playing with ruger.. I think it also got nerfed instead of the reload thing now.. it takes 3 hits UP CLOSE to kill someone..

Zero72
August 6, 2005, 1:09 am
quote:Originally posted by Stalkyquote:Originally posted by Zero72Also, to be brutally honest, I've not yet played the new version. I'm still trying to download the damn thing. But it just sounds extremely bad to me.

OMFG. I'm sorry, but...christ. How can you live with yourself after acting like such a retard?
Quite happily, especially considering this premonition turned out to be accurate.

VodkaZombie
August 6, 2005, 1:18 am
Many of the previous posts were a bit harsh, lower it down a bit. It only came out today, and there are plenty of bugs and etc.

I've played a few intense ctf matches (3vs3, 4vs4) it seems a bit strange, considering the fact that bink was lowered it felt useless going on, i'm sure i'll get used to it, aswell other people that play soldat occasionally.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 1:45 am
Why was LAW nerfed? I rarely see people whining about it, and if they do it's because someone is camping with it. Well, now it's more of a camper weapon, but I seriously doubt anyone will ever use it again.

I've played soldat all day now, and I'm really impressed with the weapon balance. HTF is also great, and even appears to have more tactical aspects than CTF.

GAMEOVER
August 6, 2005, 3:31 am
Why is everyone complaining, I dont get it aside from the bink stuff with autos. ALL weapons are pretty much still the same! EVERYTHING seems to have gotten weakend if theres a weapon it favors id love to know.. everything was changed except the knife and ruger power wise, i think anyway.. Everyone has to play with these weakend weapons so no ones getting any real advantage. I can see the rugers reload time went higher but if it effected damage on a weaker note then that guns useless imo.. still everyone has to play under the same circumstances.

Raptor
August 6, 2005, 3:35 am
NOOOOOOO!!! The Ak now is slower and less damage T_T

m00`
August 6, 2005, 3:42 am
just get used to it and you'll be as good as you used to be

GAMEOVER
August 6, 2005, 3:48 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`just get used to it and you'll be as good as you used to be

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 4:01 am
Before I judge 1.3 I'll give my self time to adapt and see how i feel about it then..

Bablo
August 6, 2005, 4:27 am
Ak is actually pro now. It isn't lame-overpowered-noob-spray-weapon as it used to be.
I like it very much.
This version is well balanced.

MonkeyHead79
August 6, 2005, 4:33 am
You know, the weird thing is, I never had problems with people spraying. In fact, in my opinion, the AK-74 was the weakest of the machineguns all along, MP5 being the best. Again, just personal opinion.

Zero72
August 6, 2005, 5:27 am
This is actually from another thread, but I think it belongs here instead, so I'll just copy and paste it.

Alright. This afternoon was not my finest moment, so let me sit down and start acting rationally again.

You see, I'm mainly an automatic user -- the MP5 is my weapon of choice, and the AK74 was my second-favorite in 1.2.1 -- so when they completely changed the way they work on me, this really irritated me. When I'm angry, I do not think rationally, as you may have noticed.

I guess I can adjust if I really need to, because it is still Soldat, but I'm still just really disappointed in this change. I, for one, have never had problems with spraying. That, like Barrett camping, simply calls for a change in strategy, and was just part of the game. I could live with it. Now, however, they've flipped everything clean upside down in order to get around it, and I'm really suffering over it. I can understand its use as an anti-spraying measure, in a way, but it's been seriously overdone. I might be able to deal if the progression was a little more gradual, if you know what I mean. You can barely spend the bullets to kill somebody in one go before you start spraying all over half the map... in my experience so far, anyway.

On a slightly less important note, I also dislike the backflip. Seems pointless and slightly annoying to me.

Edit: And I also hate the insta-taunts. Don't start feeding me that "JUZT HIT TEH TEE BUTN, N00B" crap. I know. It doesn't help. It really doesn't save much time.

Edit again: And yay for the fixed chainsaw.

wormdundee
August 6, 2005, 5:57 am
I dunno, was ruger's power nerfed?

I know it seems like it, but according to the stats it wasn't. Confusion.

Anyways, bugs. I know the changes said invisible bullets and nades were fixed, but that doesn't seem to be true. I haven't yet encountered an invisible nade, so maybe that's fixed, but bullets is a different matter. Several times I've seen m79 bullets not even appear at all while I was just feet away from the person. Not a good thing. I believe in the last version it was distance that caused invisible bullets?

Also, not sure if this is supposed to happen, but in the last version, the game remembered what gun you had chosen last round, and when it goes to a new round it starts you off with it and doesn't show you the weapons menu (if you turned it off). Now, when a round ends, the weapons menu comes up with nothing selected on it, meaning I have to go and click on the weapon I want again, and then click it off again. Not a big deal, but still annoying.

temp
August 6, 2005, 6:00 am
everyone knowd me as the anti miinoob surfer/sprayer JELLY[GMDP] and i love self bink. cal me a polak but i hate those 6 year old dumb(Please refrain from swearing)s going 'OMG ME FLYING NOOB!!!'

personally, i blame noobs whining about IMPROVEMENTS for screwing things up (as in, they distract with their (Please refrain from swearing)ing)

m00`
August 6, 2005, 6:06 am
imo autos need more self bink, especially mp5

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 6:40 am
After spending some with with 1.3 I actually think the game has overall improved. I dis-like the self bink do to the fact i am and auto user (HK). If your in a fire fight with multiple people u dont really have time aim in bursts. You want to kill them quickly, which with self bink u can only fire to an extent.

I am happy with 1.3 ty MM

Captain Ben
August 6, 2005, 6:47 am
Moo, Jap Man, Shivorken, Mofo Nofo and I were enjoying a nice round of ctf, and I have to say, great work! The weapons are awesome, they pose more of a challenge, the new physics are spot on, and the weapon editor is nuts! Once again, great work! Lol, and I also made the blue team into crazy ninjas!

m00`
August 6, 2005, 7:06 am
all i have to say is mp5 needs more bink, too many noobs using it now

Marbire
August 6, 2005, 7:18 am
quote:Originally posted by coozk maybe ill start this crusade:

- ruger shots farther, which is most of the time useless couse soldat isnt long range shooting game,

in v1.2.1, ruger could kill with 2 bullets and have smaller clip than eagles, but now its just useles weapon,
and what, u say "u have to got more skils" - "ill answer - bull(Please refrain from swearing)! use de!" remeber my words, v1.3 will be Desert Eagles era!

I'm sorry, but before I read this entire thread I had to reply to this......... are you retarded?

DE's got the largest damage decrease out of all the weapons. It DOES NOT kill the same as ruger. Saying that just proved to everyone that you are a clueless son of a b!tch. It used to kill in 3 shots, 2 if you are close up. Now it's more like 3 if you are close up, 4-5 at a distance. Ruger is 2 hit kill.... 1 if headshot. 3 at the VERY most if you are far away and hit their foot or something.

1.3 the deagle era? WTF. Everyone is saying they are the worst now.....

Anyways........ I've only played it a few hours, but so far I like it... even though deagles suck. It takes skill to be great with a weapon now. Starting to look a bit more like the old days. I'm not sure if the 2 second delay on the law was necessary though :\

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 7:28 am
The new version is quite okay, I think we all need time to get used to it.. the only problem I've encountered so far is that there's no much difference between soccom and deagles -//

cooz
August 6, 2005, 8:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Marbirequote:Originally posted by coozk maybe ill start this crusade:

I'm sorry, but before I read this entire thread I had to reply to this......... are you retarded?

DE's got the largest damage decrease out of all the weapons. It DOES NOT kill the same as ruger. Saying that just proved to everyone that you are a clueless son of a b!tch. It used to kill in 3 shots, 2 if you are close up. Now it's more like 3 if you are close up, 4-5 at a distance. Ruger is 2 hit kill.... 1 if headshot. 3 at the VERY most if you are far away and hit their foot or something.

1.3 the deagle era? WTF. Everyone is saying they are the worst now.....

Anyways........ I've only played it a few hours, but so far I like it... even though deagles suck. It takes skill to be great with a weapon now. Starting to look a bit more like the old days. I'm not sure if the 2 second delay on the law was necessary though :

wtf is with u? one head shot to kill with ruger? did u even play new version noobie?

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:17 am
I agree with m00 that the hk does need more bink....

_Mancer_
August 6, 2005, 8:23 am
Marbire ruger got nerfed like everything else.

Oh and I have a complaint about spas. It is CLEARLY the dominant weapon in this version, out of all the servers I played today I had the most trouble with people who used spas, and I used a variety of weapons ( not just ruger, I used steyr, hk, deagles, ak, and m79 ) and it was always the spas that put up the most annoyance.

Please MM if you make a fix for 1.3 please nerf the spas in some way to make it less powerful.. its so incredibly hard to beat now that all the weapons are downsized.

Marbire
August 6, 2005, 8:40 am
quote:wtf is with u? one head shot to kill with ruger? did u even play new version noobie?

Out of all I said that's the only thing you caught on to? I remember getting 1 hit kills with headshots lsat version, dunno about now. But I may be wrong since i hardly ever used it

But the whole main point of my post was the Ruger is more powerful than deagles and kills in less hits and that you are retarded.

And Mancer: According to Chakras original post, and every other one I've seen, Ruger did NOT get nerfed........ only reload. I haven't used it yet though so I don't know 1st hand...

solohan50
August 6, 2005, 8:44 am
well, people keep complaining about "spray", by which they mean people randomly shooting bullets all over the place and killing people they can't see. i fail to see how self-bink will keep you from killing people you cant see on your screen. you're firing blind, and now you're firing in more of a random pattern than you were before if you "spray", meaning your chances of hitting something off-screen would INCREASE, at least that's how i see it.

i also see a lot of people saying that "if you spray an auto weapon, they won't go straight, it's realistic". however, i feel it should be pointed out that it's not realistic to hold 2 Desert Eagles and be able to shoot anything, or to take a turret gun off of a helicopter (or wherever it comes from) and use it like rambo. the part of soldat that separates it from other shooters is the fact that it's not realistic.

my last comment is on the LAW, which i fail to see why you would want to make it harder to use without camping with it. it used to be great for on the fly killing, but u have to realize that it's a one shot weapon. in a crowded server, there's not time to reload it, so even if you do get one kill with it, it won't help you again until u die and have another one loaded. IMO, all the LAW delay does is make it a weapon of people who camp and let the enemy come to them.

I know i will probably get the same response that a lot of people who are critical of the update get. "you're a noob! it takes skill now! stfu and get used to it and stop crying" i'm not crying about the updates, and i can understand the reason they were implemented, to a certain extent. i just wanted to put my thoughts down. and on that note, i'm off to play some more soldat, to see if i can't get used to how my steyr and LAW work.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:45 am
It seemed like I pulled off a few ruger 1 hit kill head-shots today. I was pritty sure the guys had full health, but dont quote me on that because I wasnt exactly looking out for full health soldats to shoot. I would have to agree that the desert eagles got the most nerfing, much deserved IMO. They seem like crap now because they were so damn good before, the Ruger aswell. I still see people kicking tons of ass with that ruger.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:49 am
It's not letting me edit my comment, Id also like to say that this version of soldat is hands down the most balanced. The beta testers did an awsome job.

cooz
August 6, 2005, 10:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Marbirequote:wtf is with u? one head shot to kill with ruger? did u even play new version noobie?

Out of all I said that's the only thing you caught on to? I remember getting 1 hit kills with headshots lsat version, dunno about now. But I may be wrong since i hardly ever used it

But the whole main point of my post was the Ruger is more powerful than deagles and kills in less hits and that you are retarded.

And Mancer: According to Chakras original post, and every other one I've seen, Ruger did NOT get nerfed........ only reload. I haven't used it yet though so I don't know 1st hand...

how the (Please refrain from swearing) can u know is ruger was nerft of not if u didnt event tryed to use it?!

but ok, maybe de are now weaker too (my all knowledge came from reading weapons.ini ;p ) i dont know couse i dont use them - i just checked with how many bullets they kill,

btw i just played little more with ruger and its not so bad, i can get used to it ;p

and if it wont be era of de, maybe spas then? theres much spas everywhere now Oo

Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 10:51 am
I can't be sure it'll be the era of 'anything' right now. And i've been playing the current 1.3 balance for about a month before it came out...

ruger is fairly good but won't rise to power with autos around to bink, DE's are still useful despite their lack of power but are none the less fairer, autos don't do as much as they used to and require more patience, and one shot weapons have more of a chance to be useful than in 1.2.1.

All in all, if what I just said is true, i'd say it's fairly balanced overall. For now though, no one should judge anything until they get used to their weapons of choice all over again. I'll say it again: the better you are with your weapon, the more results you get. It takes more accuracy, patience and overall skill this time round.

Zegovia
August 6, 2005, 10:53 am
I bet that soon people will get used to the new version, and then again start to complain about that the weapons being overpowered and so on.

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
August 6, 2005, 11:59 am
well the self bink doesnt bother me a bit i can still make nice sprays and make people scream FECKING SPRAYER NAAB....and playing on HEAVY modified servers like minigun shot granades deagles shot dual knives m79 had 50 grenades with uber fast rate of fire and so and so on..kinda fun =)

Twinkler
August 6, 2005, 3:16 pm
I believe 1.3 will be the "Era of the Saw", but that's just me.

cooz
August 6, 2005, 3:18 pm
era of telling what weapon era is it ;p

-Shady-
August 6, 2005, 9:55 pm
atleast my nades are actually WORKING! :)

I think the weapon balance is perfect. No more random spray random nade spam, you actually have to have skill with your weapon. Plus with less spray barret works better :)

thank you for this great weapon balance

Bug
August 6, 2005, 10:54 pm
Ah well, there is nothing to complain in this new balance system, everything works fine for me. The gameplay seems to be more professional now in my opinion.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 11:54 pm
I've never used any auto weapons in 1.2.1 for more than 2 maps a day.. now, in 1.3, I'm sooo good with HK MP5 .. which means I have really lots of doubles, tripples, kick votes casted on me ( 'omg looool cheater!' ) and uh.. we'll, I'm just good.

I can't see any reason tho and I doubt it's the new 'you need so much skill' thing since I was the lamiest auto user in 1.2.1 -)))
So, maybe it's just too strong ? Please take no offence beta team, this is not meant to be a complaint, I actually enjoy being good :p

m00`
August 7, 2005, 12:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Lao Wu TenI've never used any auto weapons in 1.2.1 for more than 2 maps a day.. now, in 1.3, I'm sooo good with HK MP5 .. which means I have really lots of doubles, tripples, kick votes casted on me ( 'omg looool cheater!' ) and uh.. we'll, I'm just good.

no your not good, mp5 needs nerfing, it needs more self bink and less dmg, i've been using mp5 since 1.1.5 and lots of people are starting to use it now, its spray everywere.

TeenSpirit
August 7, 2005, 12:07 am
The truth is that even though spas' damage has been decreased, it seems to be a really powerful weapon in comparison with the other ones. Considering the fact that its bink has been taken off, and most likely the bullet register also has been improved, we can expect that the shotgun is going to be announced as the lame gun of the current version in no time. I often complained about the things that pissed me off in the previous version, and now when they have been fixed, I figured out that spas is simply overpowered. Just like Lao Wu Ten ( who I tend to meet on the publics quite often btw) I enjoy being good, but achieving a 4/1 k/d ratio against known and rather good players feels kinda funny ;S

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 3:20 am
The spas isnt overpowered it's about up to snuff with the other guns. In the last version it was useless, you never saw a good spas player beat a good auto player and now it could go either way really.

VodkaZombie
August 7, 2005, 3:39 am
quote:The spas isnt overpowered it's about up to snuff with the other guns. In the last version it was useless, you never saw a good spas player beat a good auto player and now it could go either way really.

Spas was always good, it was never useless. Takes some skill to use it and i've seen people beat a good auto player with spas.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 3:55 am
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombiequote:The spas isnt overpowered it's about up to snuff with the other guns. In the last version it was useless, you never saw a good spas player beat a good auto player and now it could go either way really.

Spas was always good, it was never useless. Takes some skill to use it and i've seen people beat a good auto player with spas.

I never really saw that and ive played for a long time, oh well. I do feel it's pritty powerfull right now and could use some bink. The MP5 is being played so much right now because no ones used to the bink of the other autos, It got a damage decrease like everything else so I doubt its overpowered. That being said I did perform the best with it (it was one of my better weapons in 1.2.1). I kind of think the knife could use some bink effect, it gets old getting knifed in the head off spawn.

If I had to change anything it would be a tad more self-bink for the hkmp5 and a slight range reduction on the spas, probably half of what was given? Anyhow that would be IMO perfection, if nothing changes its still pritty damn close.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 8:23 pm
omg
After playing a lot, in *2DAYS* ,i got chocked.
At the first moment i didnt think the guns was realy balanced
But now.. I realy think the all guns are very Good(excpet law..)
I played dm changing 1 gun by death (when i die i change to other gun and keep changing)

Try it, play dm with all guns and u will see all guns are good now..dont play 1 hour, play more and more and u will see..
well i dont know how explain, just play ..u will start like all the guns

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 8:45 pm
I've played CTF quite a lot this weekend and I can't say I've seen any huge amount of spas users at all.. sure, there vere many, I mean MANY, during the first 2-4 hours after 1.3 release, then the number of spas-ers suddenly dropped to it's 1.2.1 average use..

Most of the people I have seen use either HK or Barret ( it's acutally REALLY annoying to have 6/12 stubborn campers, like 'I won't move at any cost and I'll swear a lot if you kill me!!!11' ) followed by occasional M72 and other weapons.. the least used weapons right now are in my opinion fn minimi ( yay, where are all those xxx[pl] minimi sprayers ? :p ) and deagles ( every now and then I see a guy with a cool nickname come, try to use deagles and either change weapon or leave saying ( omgwtf deaglez suck, f*ck soldat! -)) )

I think the whole spas 'problem' was caused by people who were playing 1.3 very early, just after the release, and who I therefore suppose read forums ( why, you simply HAVE TO use cool weapon because someone wrote it is cool :p ).

But anyway, it's just my personal point or view so do not take it too seriously.. maybe I was just lucky enough to evade all the 'spas servers' -))

Zero72
August 7, 2005, 8:54 pm
So according to general opinion, my favorite weapon is a n00b weapon, my second-favorite is garbage, and my third-favorite is also a n00b weapon. Great. I think 1.3 should be subtitled the "Let's Make Soldat As Bad As Possible For Zero Edition."

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 9:24 pm
man ...... i mean than 1.3v sucks..... because:
1. LESS SPEED & LESS DAMAGE = more time to kill = the other player kill u while ur attacking "cose i play really risking I GO AND SHOOT anything and thats bad to me now" and i play really good "the desert eagles....... why... man "(THIS GO TO MICHAL)" i dont mean than if u turned all more less the gamers will play more fun this type of game for me must me FAST not SLooooooOOOw that bored the game... and alot

2. the new version have the name of the teammates in hte corners that confuse and is unnecesary "for me" im not saying than ur game sucks becose "its mi fav game" and i'll playing it per 2 years

3. i still with the 2 ..... more fast kills = MUUUCH BETTER
more fast kills = ANTI NOOBS cos them spays did hurt u alot "and now u look a enemy shoot ur knife and u did kill him.. change to ur deagles and when u shoot 2 times "NORMALY TO KILL" ur dead....... i dont know what happened with minimi "IS GOOD" the uncontrolable shoots and u must play with interbal of shoots "like pros" but the less famages make a : *****RETARDED GAME*****

Liber_Lupus
August 7, 2005, 9:38 pm
Go away.

ráz0r
August 7, 2005, 10:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by EsXCobraman ...... i mean than 1.3v sucks..... because:
1. LESS SPEED & LESS DAMAGE = more time to kill = the other player kill u while ur attacking "cose i play really risking I GO AND SHOOT anything and thats bad to me now" and i play really good "the desert eagles....... why... man "(THIS GO TO MICHAL)" i dont mean than if u turned all more less the gamers will play more fun this type of game for me must me FAST not SLooooooOOOw that bored the game... and alot

2. the new version have the name of the teammates in hte corners that confuse and is unnecesary "for me" im not saying than ur game sucks becose "its mi fav game" and i'll playing it per 2 years

3. i still with the 2 ..... more fast kills = MUUUCH BETTER
more fast kills = ANTI NOOBS cos them spays did hurt u alot "and now u look a enemy shoot ur knife and u did kill him.. change to ur deagles and when u shoot 2 times "NORMALY TO KILL" ur dead....... i dont know what happened with minimi "IS GOOD" the uncontrolable shoots and u must play with interbal of shoots "like pros" but the less famages make a : *****RETARDED GAME*****

Yeah I agree 100%. Garfield is a crappy tv show, it should be taken off air, its like so noob n' stuff.

Denacke
August 7, 2005, 10:38 pm
I didn't understand half of what EsXCobra said, could anyone help me a bit?

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 11:18 pm
After playing this new version a couple of days, I have to say I don't like this new version.
Lag is still a huge problem.

About balancing the weapons... I don't like the new settings.
The law waiting time makes this gun useless. You have to be on the ground and you can't use it while standing... so why adding a waiting time.

Balance of other weapons is ok, except for the Combat Knife!!! This was a problem in v1.2 and is stilla problem in v1.3. A knife is WAY to powerfull. One hit, one kill, no matter where in body.
When I look in the .ini file I see following things:
- Knife is more powerfull then m79 grenade launcher!!!
- I need at least two shots with DE to kill someone, in most cases 3 hits (that is 6 bullets!!!) Knife hit is instant kill!

So remove the law startup time and make knives less powerfull!!!

Denacke
August 7, 2005, 11:35 pm
I'm not sure wether you have played soldat in clanwars Don. But law was really a problem there, It is a free kill: long range, insta kill.

Now you can avoid this law, either by dodgin or trying to kill him before he can fire. The latter is rather hard, I manage to kill most people with law before they kill me. It's still one hell of a weapon, try using it.

As for knife, I'd suggest being a bit less attacking. They are only useful on close range, So do not get too close :)

SuperKill
August 7, 2005, 11:54 pm
the knife always was and always will be (unless changed) cheap as hell, you just gotta learn to live with it.

but one thing that bothers me is, why the F*CK do server admins STILL disable the barret?
there's nothing (Please refrain from swearing)ing wrong with it as for now, its not overpowered for (Please refrain from swearing).
even if they think it is, couldnt they like, edit it with the weapon editor or w\e its called?

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 12:25 am
Ok. I have TRIED to get used to this pos update, but its total crap. 5 seconds into game and im dying to barrets and m79's left and right...YES - I agree some weapons needed to be fixed - but GOD you DESTROYED them utterly! All the ruger needed was a slightly longer reload time. Deagles were fine. Autos maybe a LITTLE less power.

Its ruined...my Deagle aim was at its peak for the past week - extremely accurate, but now....its just no fun. Im going to different servers and instead of the normal mixed players and me being better then most...i cant go 5 ft without being mobbed by m79s and barrets - Hell, i found a server that had 100% ALL barrets and m79 players. You CANT survive in a server like that without one of those 2 weapons like you could in 1.3...

My solutions as if trying to fix 1.2.1:

Desert Eagles: Fine...the weakened power makes it more difficult to kill like in 1.2.1..they're better off slow and decently powerful like they were before - also considering they're 80% accurate - "OMFG YOU NERFED MY GUN!!!FU!!"

ALL autos: Maybe less power...the bink ruined them. I never had a problem using or fighting them in 1.2.1 nor were they ever causing an epidemic.

Ruger: Slightly longer reload time...or if your going to be (Please refrain from swearing) about the power then put 6-7 bullets so it doesnt take 1 friggin clip to kill someone. Ive never had a problem against rugers..

Spas: Its fine the way it is in 1.3...it makes a nice challenge to fight against, but with CRAP weapons to use now in 1.3 the spas has an advantage.

Minigun: Great idea with making it impossible to surf...i mean thats ruining strategy, but that is by FAR the laggiest tactic ever - Besides, its a common strategy newbies use until they decide to choose otherwise.

M79: Longer reload time...If not, leave it the way it is in 1.3. Its not much different in 1.3 and people dont have a problem whoring it and making every shot.

Barret: My most hated weapon ever - Despite the fact i really want this weapon limited, there really is no way to fix it unless you can come up with a way to make camping harder. I mean id rather the weapon gone but jeez...what KIND of game DOESNT have a sniper rifle. It has to be there anywho...it can be fun to use when the server fills up with them and its the only way to fight back.

quote:- Knife is more powerfull then m79 grenade launcher!!!
- I need at least two shots with DE to kill someone, in most cases 3 hits (that is 6 bullets!!!) Knife hit is instant kill!

Knife: Its FINE you nub. Its hard to use as it is and it doesnt kill instantly...2 out of 10 times it will damage the person seriously - The m79 was too powerful as it is. If i took out an m79er with a knife id grab his m79 instead...free indefinite kills.

Law: Its ruined in 1.3...it was fine, but perhaps a longer wait when you switch to it, to give the killer a slightly better chance of killing the guy before hes blown into limbs - reloading time is fine.

Chainsaw: Its fine in 1.2.1, but maybe increase its range a little...i walked up to a guy withit just out of boredom and it didnt kill until i was directly on him...maybe make it so if the tip of the chainsaw touches them. Another crazy idea i had was making it possible to throw the chainsaw to kill people like a knife, but being chainsaws are ALOT more heavy, it would be extremely inaccurate and very very short ranged. Just a thought..

Socom: It was fine the way it was.

Anyways thats just my thought. The reason id spend that much time typing all of this is because i have a REALLY bad habit of typing too much, and im really, really, really, really, REALLY ticked off about how awful soldat has become, and im pretty much done with soldat v1.3 until the complaints continue to roll in and its forced to be fixed to a reasonable standard.

The weapons arent really balanced...you're just giving the already powerful barrets and m79s a better chance of surviving...Some servers were "decent", the ones that disallowed both of them, but theres too few of them and of course a majority of servers dont care about what weapons are used and for what reason they are. Making weapon mods to keep it like 1.2.1 is dandy, but um...you shouldnt have to do such to keep the game near perfect like it was.

Ill continue playing 1.2.1 until justice is done about this horrid version.

ONE last thing i had to edit and say, because this just CRACKS me up.

quote:the knife always was and always will be (unless changed) cheap as hell, you just gotta learn to live with it.

but one thing that bothers me is, why the F*CK do server admins STILL disable the barret?
there's nothing (Please refrain from swearing)ing wrong with it as for now, its not overpowered for (Please refrain from swearing).
even if they think it is, couldnt they like, edit it with the weapon editor or w\e its called?

Knife? Cheap? Ok. Im sorry, that you have no skill whatsoever in dodging them, or an inept ability to comprehend the extra difficulty required in using them. They arent that hard to use, but what I also noticed was you complaining about barrets. Wow! Barret IS the cheapest weapon ever - perfect aim and instant kill shot. I mean with knives you have a chance to survive and no one is perfect with them, but jeez...

Let me guess...you dont like knives, because you're too busy lying like a little barret camping nub making yourself a prime target for a knifer because you cant even hit them with a weapon thats even stronger and easier to kill with. Wow. Id call you an uber noob, but i wont, although i kinda did, but anyways this is the forum and im not here to flame anyone, but GOD i just HAD to make a comment on that.

Ok. NOW im done. xD

Big Black and G4Y
August 8, 2005, 12:35 am
here is BBG's take.... any update and work put in is a good thing.

BUT.... man i am one of the weak players that only has a love for one gun..... fuk da rest. (what a shame i know) but whatever, that's me... to the end. so while I can deal with the self bink i still digress... DUDE HK MP5 is the weakest weapon already and you made it harder to use? you guys are obviously auto/spray over paranoid. you yourself chakra use the aug... i seen you.... you cut your own throat for the wailings of others. sure a lamer takes pride in his aim. he worked at it and wants it to be the focus of soldat... i take pride in nade aim and then finishing him off with a short spray... bink does not hurt that... but now my long range HK game is out the window... barrettes (who lost nothing) run free(and are running free)... now i know this is now set in stone and that's how it's gonna be, but.... you guys pushed MM the wrong way man... who cares about minigun surf? smoke that milker. don't rain on the entire movement.
HK is a minor weapon in the scope of the gun list.... you just punked the lill guy. less powerful..... HOLY SH>IT :[

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 12:37 am
Nicely said, and I agree.

KeFear
August 8, 2005, 12:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Big Black and G4YDUDE HK MP5 is the weakest weapon already and you made it harder to use?

Dude, you haven't played against mp5'tards yet then (yes, there are many of them now :)
Imho mp5 is the best auto now available. Tho, it requires skill to use, that's true.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 1:49 am
I want to throw my rainbow colored light on this topic.

For anyone that knows me, you know that 99% of the time I have played (always have and probably always will) M79. Unless of course I pick up a blood / urine / man-sweat stained secondary weapon in the midst of an arousing battle. So my experience is limited, but I have a built in bias towards the M79. Which is why you might be surprised at my following comment:

I think bink is a good IDEA on paper that has worked out badly so far in reality. Here's why: Already this game was leaning away from the spray weapons. I mean come on, those of you who have been in public servers will know this....The only guys using the autos are usually the ones named "Soldier" standing in the corner wacking off furiously. Well i mean of course there are exceptions and really good auto players like my sexy boyfreind BBG. But, I digress. It just seems like to me the auto players were already at a disadvantage and to put another chip against them is not really a good idea.

To put it another way, i heard someone say in a server yestreday " Im glad the have bink, because now there will be less noob sprayers."

Is that what we want? We want the default mode of this game to be even harder and less noob friendly? I don't know about you, but I think it should be more noob friendly.

I personally feel that the only spray weapon in need of a change was the mini. Hell i wouldve just gotten rid of it altogether. But to add "binking" just seems like a mistake to me. I wouldve made it another option, like realistic...but definietly NOT the default mode.

Another thing that bothers me about the new version is these weapon modded servers. Hopefully its just a phase but i mean comon guys! Already there arent a whole lot of servers, and now we have our life blood being sucked bone dry by these lame ass newb servers. To me it is a waste, no one is going to play there for more than a few minutes without getting bored. To me it was another good idea on paper gone bad in reality.

Well, I want to end on a positive note and say that I really like alot of the other changes , like being able to see your team mates names and also the backflip is cool as hell....Alot of the small things are really cool.

To sum it up, I would recommend making bink another OPTIONAL item like the weapon mod gheyness.

I would totally still go out with any of the beta testers or michal tho, so pm me if youre hott.

Forget the A team, join the GHEY team!

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 2:19 am
Rugers sucked now

IN 1.2.1 , ruger was already a VERY diffcult to use coz u need get more than half the shots counts which requires at least 50% accurate.
at long range , whichs ruger are suppose to be good , require 3 shots whichs 75 % accurate. Also, the gun isnt accurate like barret, it spread like crazy when moving or getting shot. However, the fast reload make it possible to use.

IN 1.3 , ruger was weaked like no other gun, takes 3 to 4 shots to kill now , ( thats 75% to 100% accurate without spread) . Bink like crazy , spread like crazy , reload slow as hell, how can u use that sh!t against eagles, barrets or autos???

Btw i traded my ruger for barrert after 5min of playing :)

SuperKill
August 8, 2005, 2:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Extacide
Let me guess...you dont like knives, because you're too busy lying like a little barret camping nub making yourself a prime target for a knifer because you cant even hit them with a weapon thats even stronger and easier to kill with. Wow. Id call you an uber noob, but i wont, although i kinda did, but anyways this is the forum and im not here to flame anyone, but GOD i just HAD to make a comment on that.

hahah, obviously you know me oh too well..! i'm just the type that would lay on the ground with a barret throughout all of the match. NOT?

how about you and me duel with you picking the weapon i'm gonna use?
god DAMN i missed saying that.
anyway i'm open for suggestions, and ofcourse the screen will be posted just to repel you from me, nasty little bugger. who the f*ck you think you're calling a nub you lil wannabe?

Chakra`
August 8, 2005, 2:25 am
I kept using ruger, and now i'm still good with it.

Hah. At you.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 2:27 am
All I want to say is due to the changes made to the ruger, I am quitting soldat.
This game is now insanely Unbalanced
-----------

KeFear
August 8, 2005, 2:39 am
Well, ruger is still resonable, but not as good as it was. It can kill multiple targets with one full clip, but ONLY if they are injured. Other than that, 1 clip/enemy + reload time is as slow as barret intervall + you have to shoot 3-4 hits against one for barret.

So, ruger is good in team play, or where are lot of people, but against few ppl, or against barret, it is useless. Another thing is bink, which makes it useless also.

Happy Camper
August 8, 2005, 2:57 am
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill

i used to do that all the time hahaha.

my money is on SK.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 3:16 am
quote:hahah, obviously you know me oh too well..! i'm just the type that would lay on the ground with a barret throughout all of the match. NOT?

god DAMN i missed saying that.
anyway i'm open for suggestions, and ofcourse the screen will be posted just to repel you from me, nasty little bugger. who the f*ck you think you're calling a nub you lil wannabe?

Like I said, that post required commenting. A barreteer complaining about knives being overpowered, it doesnt matter if your camping OR running around, barrets will always have the advantage - Someone of your "apparent" skill level shouldnt have a problem with knives - I dont and i always face people using them.

I'm trying as hard as i can to adapt to this game, my 100% weapon of choice will always be the desert eagles, since my aim some how has warped with any other weapon even though i have a natural ability to use all weapons decently. The only problem is, after spending so many hours, weeks, even months using 1 weapon, my mind is dead set on 1 technique which now is obsolete and im being forced to do different.

See, my aiming technique with Desert Eagles is rushing mindlessly through people, and picking them off and moving on. I like Open area maps such as ctf_run or dm_arena because my aim really shines - Of course i have to spend quite a while to warm up before my accuracy kicks in to its best~

Continuing with this, ive joined a few ctf servers, trying my absolute hardest to get used to v1.3. I do my strategy of just flying through to get to the other base (Dont get the wrong idea, im not a noob moron who just blind rushes, i am somewhat careful and my K:D never falls below 1.5) Anyways, usually i stick high in the skies and arch around incoming enemies and take them out with 3 shots. My mind is dead set to make 3 hits and look away...well, i shoot from a distance...this limited deagle power is tripping me up now. I dont even care if it takes 3 shots up close, but if its taking too long to kill from afar, i can be dead by then, or i just mess up.

IMO deagles are underpowered and useless now...The Ruger is now just "Decent" and not as common as they used to be. Autos, require a crapload of skill now and ruins strategy Like mentioned above, the dominant weapons are the spas, barret, and m79. Go to a server and hide for about 5 minutes and watch what people are killing with - it will definetly be those 3 with 1-2 other individuals trying other weapons.

Im dearly hoping for a patch...or just some way this will go away - all my favorite games are being updated and ruined. To all the people calling this new version balanced........I dont know how you can say that. The only people i havent seen complaining yet are the people using the least changed weapons, although some people are really set that this version is perfect.

Well..im off to play some more in the hopes my anger against the UNBALANCENESS and HORRIBLENESS will fade and i will somehow in a longshot get used to this bull s h i t.

Ugh...

GAMEOVER
August 8, 2005, 3:18 am
Ruger should be a 2 shot kill from the waist up and the noobette a 1 hit kill at the very minimum from the waist up. Why use the ruger now it just will probably get weaker in the next version or patch or w/e. MM said that him and the beta testers think the Ruger is STILL over powered I cant believe that ish.. Ruger users might as well pick up the barret cus the time it takes you to aim and let off 3-4 shots to kill you could have already took that 1 barret shot and be fully reloaded and ready for your 1 hit kill on the next victim.. dont you love it?

:P

reckon
August 8, 2005, 3:19 am
You can always download 1.2.1 and play it.
Plenty of people still do.

GAMEOVER
August 8, 2005, 3:21 am
nah I <3 1.3 still just hate the ruger and kinda the deagles..

The answer is simple get better with the spas m79 and noobette and welcome them as my new favorites until hopefully they get changed or some of em. Until then ill abuse the changes in 1.3 and the players in it with these weapons =P as any good player will probably do cus they can adapt.

SuperKill
August 8, 2005, 3:27 am
Ex you really should'nt have write all of that, for the sake of the both of us.
who said i've got problem with knifes? i only said they are cheap. hell, i've claimed minigun is a cheap weapon for my entire career as a soldat player, and god knows i've never had problems facing a minigunner.

why do you compare low K:D in ctf to somehow being a noob? after all, by judging individual players in ctf, its all about P:D.
K:D is in DM or TDM.

doesnt matter, that's far from what we started talking about.
anyway, whenever you'd want a duel with someone of an "apparent" high skill, pm me.

Gore
August 8, 2005, 4:01 am
This version is really good, the only thing that really sux is the weapon balance.

-> Worst balance I've seen after 1.1.3

Every weapon makes less damage now, EXEPT the BARRET (you can verify this in the file weapon.ini, compare it to weapon121.ini )... and of course, the automatics got more sh*** than the others because of that "Bink" thing. Why the hell did Michal think that the machineguns have some kind of "advantage" over the barret ?

Some people here like to say that ak/steyr/minimi are easy/noob/cheap weapons, errr... here you have 3 STAT pages ... these are of Lamerzzz, Ultimate13 and Game-Over servers (latin america).. they sum over 2 millon kills ...

[URL]
[URL]
[URL]

As you see, the Barret DOUBLES or more the numbers of kills made by any other automatic.. so I have to ask, are the machineguns really that easy ?? .. and what weapon will have even more advantage over the others ?? yes, barret

This balance thing can be changed with the editor, but we all have our own opinions of how the weapons have to be balanced, and these aren't necesarily the same, so I dont know if that can be considered as a solution...

bond_james_bond
August 8, 2005, 4:03 am
Yes! Miniguns are less noobish now!!

r.i.p. Minigun

*Pisses on grave*

temp
August 8, 2005, 4:37 am
thassit im beating the (Please refrain from swearing) out of noobs with minigun now. Only the true masters of minigun will pwn with minigun.

XM214 MINIGUN (Please refrain from swearing)ES!! SELF BINK WON'T KEEP JELLY FROM KICKIN YOUR ASS!

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 7:04 am
quote:Ex you really should'nt have write all of that, for the sake of the both of us.
who said i've got problem with knifes? i only said they are cheap. hell, i've claimed minigun is a cheap weapon for my entire career as a soldat player, and god knows i've never had problems facing a minigunner.

Your post was begging for a response....by me anyways. Calling a knife cheap then complaining about a barret or whatever needed my comment.

quote:why do you compare low K:D in ctf to somehow being a noob? after all, by judging individual players in ctf, its all about P:D.
K:D is in DM or TDM.

I was making sure no one calls me a blind rushing noob, which there are alot of these days...and some other rushers are amazing. And um 50% of the time im the top scorer in each ctf, or im a reason why my teamates score - unless the teams are stacked then pretty much it dont matter. I just joined an inf game for the heck of it and scored 100 points with 1 death in the 1st game.

quote:doesnt matter, that's far from what we started talking about.
anyway, whenever you'd want a duel with someone of an "apparent" high skill, pm me.

If you know of a server we could 1v1 on, pm me the time and the info and ill be there. I refuse to play v1.3 so ill be on 1.2.1 until everyone leaves 1.2.1, they make a patch, or until a better version comes out.

Gore, very good point - it doesnt help me with my wanting of deagles and rugers turned back, but autos are too weak as well.

And um 1 last thing:

quote:Ex you really should'nt have write all of that, for the sake of the both of us.

I have a very very bad habit of overdoing my typing. I said it twice and ill say it a third time. And anyways, i really dislike the changes made in the new version and im doing all i can to whine, complain, and pout to somehow by a miracle convince them to fix everything - I cant even make a 1st place on u13 with the messed up weapons. (I could but i really cant stand 1.3 and im sticking to my statement of refusal to play it)

*pouts*

m00`
August 8, 2005, 7:40 am
i hate all the noobs staying on 1.2.1, hurry up and switch over, some server admins havnt eve nrealised the new version is out because noobs still play on their servers

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:28 am
Lol, they arent noobs, they're the players that are most affected by weapon choice, dont like 1.3, or somehow havent heard of the new version.

Im still playing on 1.2.1...dont feel like spending weeks of gameplay once again to relearn the weapon i was "once" awsome with.

m00`
August 8, 2005, 8:31 am
omg it took me 5 minutes to get used to the new weapon balance, stop crying

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:32 am
So complaints are as follows:
You cant whore the law anymore with an instant shot-kill long range missle silo on your back.

The spas shot-gun got too much use on release of 1.3. Now that it kills in two hits close range instead of one it's too powerfull.

You cant sprint through a level with deagles or a ruger and kill half the players with one clip, this is a major let down.

Autos now take skill instead of a strong index finger, omg sucks!

Great complaints guys, keep them all comming.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:35 am
Ruger sucks now ? Why ? I still see people being dangerous and achieving nice scores while using Ruger. And it's the same for other weapons..

My opinion is that how 'cool' some weapon is depends on how good is it's user. Those of you who whine the most and keep reminding us in every topic that 'you're leaving, because of (-> random childish excuse <-)' just can't get over the fact the you either weren't so good as you thought ( and we all see it, ha ha! ) or you're unable to leave your favourite weapon ( boo, they took my cookies! ).

Knife.. hmm, you guys have no idea how hard to use and unreliable weapon it is. Reasons?
x it's a close range weapon.. of course, you can occasionaly kill someone over the whole screen, but you have to be really lucky and you will remember such throw for a long time :p
x it is not a perfect IK weapon like Barret. Like is has been already said, in about 20% of successful throws you only damage your target ( well, yeah.. it's a serious damage but if you consider the time you need to get to your target, aim, throw and switch to your primary weapon.. you're very likely to be dead by that time.. )
x sometimes I hit my target and it does simply nothing.. this counts another 10%
So to sum it up.. you need to be really skilled to use knife properly and you still have only 70% of killing your enemies for one throw. Picking Barret, finding some nice bush and pressing the 'prone' button seems much easier to me.. I only hope there will be more and more 'non barret' servers -)))

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:41 am
Naw, the knife IS a brutal secondary. Play a deathmatch game and watch the kill counter. I bet there will be a knife on their every 5 kills atleast. When you spawn you have an instant one hit kill, and if someone spawns next to you and they dont have the same idea, then their dead. Compared to the saw, law and socom the knife is a little much. I mean the saw you need to get up to and touch a moving flying target to get your kill, the knife can be chucked for the same result.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:56 am
Oh and why not have the barret a 1 hit kill to chest and head, but a shot in the legs takes off a quarter of your health. That would kill any sloppy barretards and make it a more skill based weapon.

Big Black and G4Y
August 8, 2005, 9:29 am
ya... 'admin here'... "I use knife, it's fine." "lets nerf the socom so I can have even more advantage." and I thought I was GHEY. MM's major fault was putting faith in you guys... players... with guns bias... what a bad idea. anyone with any kind of stake in the game should not be in charge of power control. input yes, but control.. no way... and you sluff it all off on some lamer named GHEYmonic who wants the blame... saying "ya I pushed my bias into the game but it's this fools fault." come on.... do you know how often i try to lay into a guy with an auto and halfway into a clip i get smoked by a few shots? ALWAYS... the beta focus was on lameness. you used all the efforts you had to offer to ruin a fragile gun balance... instead you should have focused on cool add on's like the dodge. duh.. how about working out a few new gig's? the dodge is only touching the surface. and to top it off.. it's funny to me how you all avoid this issue.... instead you use this topic to stroke each other off.... face it... MM got talked into a bad deal by a few future car salesmen

Outcast
August 8, 2005, 9:55 am
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill i've claimed minigun is a cheap weapon for my entire career as a soldat player

Don't talk crap when there's people that still remember ;)

As for spas, i see little use of it in CTF. You can't really do all that good with it.

It's all good.

SuperKill
August 8, 2005, 11:21 am
HAHAHAHAH when i read my post again after i wrote it, i was sure you'd pop by and say something about that ;P
so make that "my entire career not including my first two weeks" you damn fatty. ;P

Mielos
August 8, 2005, 11:35 am
quote:http://dibo.clawz.com/zitrostats/?inc=weapons
http://www.game-over.cl/sldstat/?inc=weapons
http://dyn.u13.net:6080/index.php?p=stats

As you see, the Barret DOUBLES or more the numbers of kills made by any other automatic.. so I have to ask, are the machineguns really that easy ?? .. and what weapon will have even more advantage over the others ?? yes, barret

Nearly all weapons are nerfed , but yeh it might seem like automatics are just drasticly nerfed but the self-bink is just something you have to get used to, altough I don't believe selfbink will really solve the problem of spraying. And for barret, I'm still convinced it's overpowerd and I don't understand why it's isn't nerfed along with the rest the blink effect on the barret just attracts more camping, and even without camping the barret is a to powerfull weapon imo. M79 doesn't seem to be that balanced either , it's always in the top 5 of weapons.

Gore
August 9, 2005, 12:09 am
quote:Originally posted by Mielosquote:http://dibo.clawz.com/zitrostats/?inc=weapons
http://www.game-over.cl/sldstat/?inc=weapons
http://dyn.u13.net:6080/index.php?p=stats

Nearly all weapons are nerfed , but yeh it might seem like automatics are just drasticly nerfed but the self-bink is just something you have to get used to...

Yes I know, but that thing of self-bink is something that nerfed the automatics far below the other weapons, and I already pointed that the machineguns DID NOT HAVE any kind of advantage over the barret to diserve that...

It is all about balance, U nerf the automatics ? Ok, then do the same to the barret... wich was already superior to any other weapon (any doubt about this ? see the STATS I posted )... but this hasn't happened here.. (and that's why you don't see any barret player complaining about this)

I always thought Michal M. was a camper, now I'm pretty sure about that hahaha..

LazehBoi
August 9, 2005, 12:26 am
quote:Originally posted by GoreIt is all about balance, U nerf the automatics ? Ok, then do the same to the barret... wich was already superior to any other weapon (any doubt about this ? see the STATS I posted )... but this hasn't happened here.. (and that's why you don't see any barret player complaining about this)

I always thought Michal M. was a camper, now I'm pretty sure about that hahaha..

You know those statistics mean next to nothing, right? All that proves is that a lot of people use the barret. How long have they been logging for, anyway?

If you played clan wars you'd know how badly spraying with two Ak-74s and a Minimi dominated. Quit acting like a 5 minute player who thinks the barret is a n00by weapon simply because it kills in one shot.

solohan50
August 9, 2005, 12:42 am
everyone keeps crying about CW's where a whole clan uses autos, where 3 autos will take out a person quickly. no (Please refrain from swearing)! the only person that can survive three guy shooting fully loaded AK's at him while killing them all with a pistol is James Bond. i mean, i've run acrossed the same problem in a couple clan wars i've had. u know what i did? i changed my strategy. i didn't cry about how "overpowered" 3 autos are together, i switched tactics to combat their own tactic. i'm sick of people using one instance of how someone uses the auto to completely them up. i've heard people say that "it's realistic". well, IMO, the whole fun of soldat is it isn't realistic. you want realism, try holding 2 desert eagles and firing accurately (i can't even use ONE desert eagle very accurately in real life). if you want a realistic game, go to CS, that's what it's there for. that's what this new update feels like, is a half-ass attempt at making a 2D Counter-Strike. and btw, how many of your people who keep saying that the new update is fine actually use a weapon like Steyr? i'm sure if all of a sudden deagles fired erratically, there'd be a lot more people in here complaining than there are right now.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 12:49 am
im really agree with Zamorak in that thing about the ruger
i ever or the 80% of mi games are on CTF and the point FOR ME its not balance the weapons becose i can control alot of weapons the point is use them how u must for example:

when i attack very agressive u go with Deagles and i can rush alot "that was in 1.2.1" and with 7 bullets u can kill 2 ppls or maybe 3 if someone was hurted

when im defending i use "Barret" or "rugers" and when u get the tecnique nobody can get ur flag even when ur camping becose all of us DO CAMPING thats a part of the game and is Defend of course not do 4 games camping full but when ur under problems i camp and "hard" and with the ruger..... that was the perfect weapong on 1.2.1 mi fav weapon if comparate mi skill now i played before with mi 100% using rugers but now thats like 75% and that is bad to u .... more qhen u r attacked by more of one guy or ur attaking and that suks now becose that make campers now

the (WM)servers...... i dont understand sounds like if michal make that option if us r unconfortable with the balance and before was the perfect balance becose AT LEASTE we could use US weapon perfect to us style of fight
if someone is camper cant use mp5 or any auto
if someone use ruger now CANT play with the same eficiense like he do before becose u cant kill so fast and even when ur defending only is good when come just 1 enemy becose have more time to reload and less damage
if someone use deagles now how he do before still having the same skill to play bit is very difficult for me becose i shoot to times to one and i shoot to another one ...in mi case becose i use 200% for the mouse and i need more

the problem is not have balance weapong WHY BALANCE WEAPONS???????????????????????????? if we have balanced weapong why not get just 1 ???? its more rasonable no????? thats idiot

the thing is have the chracterist propiety of that weapon not all SAME FOR ALL that **lame**

im only agree with one weapong but still less of power "the Styler Aug"

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 7:44 am
This version is perfect and will take more skill to master the autos. Every weapons matches up perfectly with each other. Thx Michal and Demonic

Only thing is that the backflips are a bit weird, u do one and u like jump higher, I dont know how to explain it :}

m00`
August 9, 2005, 7:51 am
quote:Originally posted by EsXCobra
the problem is not have balance weapong WHY BALANCE WEAPONS???????????????????????????? if we have balanced weapong why not get just 1 ???? its more rasonable no????? thats idiot

if theres only 1 weapon it would be so f*cking boring, and if the weapons arnt balanced then people will only use the best one, we need to have moere than 1 weapon and all balanced so people can enjoy the game

rabidhamster
August 9, 2005, 8:14 am
quote:Originally posted by coozk maybe ill start this crusade:
just a compariason... and what, u say "u have to got more skils" - "ill answer - bull(Please refrain from swearing)! use de!" remeber my words, v1.3 will be Desert Eagles era!

yay! i barely ever see deaglers! now's my chance!

btw, i don't care about the balance. i'm perfectly happy. plus, i think people will start using the sit-behind-collider-and-shoot-bursts feature, which is cool...

_Mancer_
August 9, 2005, 8:48 am
No... 1.2 was the desert eagles era. thats long and gone.

Its the HK and the spas that are taking over..

m00`
August 9, 2005, 9:06 am
i've been using mp5 since 1.1.5 and before, and im telling you it needs more self bink and a tiny bit less speed or damage, im not changing weapon now just because its getting overused -_-

Bug
August 9, 2005, 9:21 am
ak and chainsaw rox in the new version. :> And barret is gone back to 1.1.'s style, I'm sure of it

Bug
August 9, 2005, 9:22 am
It's just a 1% more skill to learn autos, just clicclickclickclick and your enemis are dead, you just have to learn aim with it, bink isn't even a bit of problem for me.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 9:39 am
I still think they should of balanced out the m79 and barret a little more...Nerfing everyweapon BUT them (Not nerfing m79 even enough)is just giving people reason to use them. In 1.2.1, Barrets were still decently common - I wont be surprised if this turns into the m79 and barret era..

One GOOD thing i have to say....ina cw i was in earlier...although my stubborness to stick with my favorite weapons got the best of me and they didnt work on 1.3 like they did in 1.2.1, i did have my rampaging moments. (Killing everything in sight, even at extremely low health)

But still, MM for the sanity of everyone who dislikes this version make a damn patch....or do something!

Chakra`
August 9, 2005, 11:52 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideI still think they should of balanced out the m79 and barret a little more...Nerfing everyweapon BUT them (Not nerfing m79 even enough)is just giving people reason to use them. In 1.2.1, Barrets were still decently common - I wont be surprised if this turns into the m79 and barret era..

Funny you should mention that guv. I was fearing that myself, as we've already had a barret and m79 era and I bloody loathed it.

Still, we did some thorough testing on certain classes vs classes of weapon.

Autos vs the two 1 shot weapons was a walkover. M79 and Barret got trampled, even by the new autos.
However, the 1 shot weapons came 'equal' to a match against semi-autos. 1 shot weapons still retain a useful place in Soldat, though not dominant thanks to autos.

frogboy
August 9, 2005, 12:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`1 shot weapons still retain a useful place in Soldat, though not dominant thanks to autos.

But doesn't everyone find autos all useless because they self bink now?

Some of us realise it's fine, but a lot of people are complaining about it making autos useless and having to "relearn" them... and because of that, people are now moving to the semi-autos and one shot kill weapons, so one shot kill weapons might become dominant again.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 1:57 pm
Well, fortunately to make up for the power my accuracy has allowed me to kind of adapt to the (Please refrain from swearing)ty deagles. Been playing ctf's all day and was rocking everyone in sight making head shots with deagle everytime.

Damn you demonics...Youve somehow got me to play this pos version! *Next to demonics* /pee

VodkaZombie
August 9, 2005, 2:05 pm
quote:But doesn't everyone find autos all useless because they self bink now?

Some of us realise it's fine, but a lot of people are complaining about it making autos useless and having to "relearn" them... and because of that, people are now moving to the semi-autos and one shot kill weapons, so one shot kill weapons might become dominant again.

Not really, most people that complained about it and quit, are all slowly coming back. It gets easier if you play it for a few weeks, and people can adapt new strategys such as tapping and etc.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 2:08 pm
Im finding people who just go all out with autos and do decent doing so. xD

Hanayo
August 9, 2005, 9:07 pm
I love the new weapon balance. <333

that point is that you are whining about all the weapons being too weak.
for me thats the best sign that the new version is perfectly balanced.

Thx to the whole Beta Testing Team, you were risking much with this new version but made a good job!

Mielos
August 10, 2005, 12:00 am
yeah but I fear to see a lot of barret and m79 ,and also knives . dunno about hk mp5 tough

ráz0r
August 10, 2005, 12:02 am
The more I play the more I enjoy the balance.

VodkaZombie
August 10, 2005, 12:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Mielosyeah but I fear to see a lot of barret and m79 ,and also knives . dunno about hk mp5 tough

Just because the weapons were balanced doesnt mean everyones going to be using barret and m79 :F. Actually i've seen lots of Ak's, Deagles, and Steyr's.

reckon
August 10, 2005, 1:49 am
Ever since the new installment, ive noticed that I get half the servers and twice the lag.
:(
So I just went back to 1.2.1 :D

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 3:18 am
quote:Originally posted by HanayoI love the new weapon balance. <333

that point is that you are whining about all the weapons being too weak.
for me thats the best sign that the new version is perfectly balanced.

Thx to the whole Beta Testing Team, you were risking much with this new version but made a good job!

couldnt agree more with that statement :)

I've only been playing for a few hours, and already noticed a VERY pleasant reduction in spraying (please dont swear, i know i know)..

and well, i guess my trusty LAW had it coming eh :D

mystery00
August 10, 2005, 9:50 am
Gah!

I don't know what's wrong with the knife, but I've noticed a huge difference, it hardly ever kills now!!! I want it back to the way it was! NOW!

Also YOU RUINED THE AK! I will never forgive you for that.

Mystery

m00`
August 10, 2005, 9:53 am
mystery, you have it all wrong about the knife, either you forgot how to use it, or you just suck, btw this is the difference between the soldat 1.2.1 and soldat 1.3 knives:

Soldat 1.2.1
[Combat Knife]
Damage=210000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=60
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

Soldat 1.3
[Combat Knife]
Damage=215000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=60
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

so what are you on about?

mystery00
August 10, 2005, 10:29 am
That IS strange o.0 maybe the lag got worse?

Either way I still can't forgive the ak, it was such a good weapon :(

Mystery

Mielos
August 10, 2005, 10:54 am
It still is mystery, just get a bit used to the bink. It isn't that hard

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 10:58 am
Well, im used to having to make 3 shots up close with the des, but im really getting ticked off when it takes 4 shots from far away and i die by then. The one thing that really ticks me off is that because of the weapon "balance" m79ers with accurate aim are immortal - and all of this makes the campers even harder to kill. Well, I guess thats what spas is for <3333

Chakra`
August 10, 2005, 11:32 am
i had three triples, one after the other, last night with AK74 in the u13 server. It's a weapon I usually avoided in 1.2.1.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 11:45 am
Heh, im STILL looking for my multi kill on u13 - im there all the time now and no ones around to be my 4th victim. Ive found some people to be extremely good with AK's already, its a good challenge to fly up to a ak'er in midair using desert eagles, given that the ak'er is good.