( search forums )
soldat.exe -mod i rock?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 4:49 pm
how do you get that mod thing to work? i'm stuggling!

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 5:02 pm
Ok, I'll explain this thoroughly.

First of all, you need to put your mod in the mods folder. Go to /Soldat/Mods, and create a new folder, lets use 'bunny mod' for example.

Inside this folder you should install the mod. It should be organised so that inside your mod folder you should have folders named 'interface-gfx', 'gostek-gfx' and 'weapons-gfx' etc. If your mod includes a weapons.ini file, just put it in the mod folder alongside all the different catagories.

Ok, open notepad and copy/paste the following:

soldat.exe -mod "bunny mod"

exit (Obviously replace 'bunny mod' with the name of the mod folder)

Save the file as bunny mod.bat in the base soldat directory. (Just to clarify - you don't need to name the batch file the same name as the mod, it just makes things easier. You'll probably end up with many of these files in your soldat folder after a while, I know I did during beta testing)

Run the batch file, and it should open soldat with the mod loaded. When you close soldat, the batch program should close itself too (This is what the 'exit' line does in the file).

If you need to edit the batch file, you can just right click and open with notepad. I hope I helped.

EDIT: Edited for info provided by mar77a

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 5:11 pm
thanks.. id would make this sticky if i were german..

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 6:05 pm
I should expect Amblin will move this to a modding forum then Meandor will add it to the modding FAQs forum.

Hint hint.

b00stA
August 5, 2005, 6:44 pm
(moved to Modding help..)

Meandor
August 7, 2005, 10:27 pm
Or you can always right click in the soldat folder, go to new>link. Find soldat.exe then add the -mod modname after that. Click next, give it some name and voila.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 11:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by MeandorOr you can always right click in the soldat folder, go to new>link. Find soldat.exe then add the -mod modname after that. Click next, give it some name and voila.

Yes, but the shortcuts use a command line specific to your computer (like E:\Games\Soldat\Soldat 1.3\Soldat.exe for me) so you can't distribute the shortcut with your mod for people to use. .bat files only need to find a soldat.exe in the same folder, so you can zip it up with the rest of the mod and send it to other people.

mar77a
September 11, 2005, 10:39 pm
It is possible to have spaces in the mod folder name. When writing the command line just put:

soldat.exe -mod "bunny mod"
exit

Notice that "" in Ms-Dos is Shift+ the key to the right of zero.

DB_Diablo
September 13, 2005, 3:55 am
nevermind I got it working

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 7:11 am
How do you actually create mods????
And prefrebly written simply cause I have no idea

N1nj@
September 13, 2005, 9:17 pm
Read the FAQs: http://www.soldatforums.com/forum.asp?forum_id=58

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 10:26 pm
this is an old topic, ..should be locked

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 11:17 am
quote:Originally posted by DB_Diablois there a guide for idiots here, I tried everything and I still can't get this weapon mod to work <_>

I can't really help you without some specific information. What doesn't work? Does the batch file actually run?

DB_Diablo
September 15, 2005, 9:57 pm
I was trying to edit weapon stats but I didn't realize that the stats in the weapons.ini file were the stats I was supposed to edit :P

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 3:01 am
ACK!!! I cant get it workin either. I did everthing you told me. I got the modded barret, made a folder called SNIPER MOD in the MOD folder in the soldat directory. opened noteboot. saved it like you said. ran it, and nothin. I'm gettin agravated!!

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 3:41 pm
5 MONTHS OLD! SEE Chakra?! THis is what i mean!

Chakra`
February 3, 2006, 6:10 pm
Crikey, you're right too. Polishpaintballer, you're new here, so i'll let this pass. But please don't revive topics older than a month if you haven't anything valid to contribute to it.

[locks]