( search forums )
Soldat 1.3 - Configuring keys
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Merach
August 5, 2005, 5:14 pm
Hello:
I guess this section will be for 1.3 version too.
I just downloaded and installed soldat 1.3 version. First impression is good, but after a long time using 1.2.1 I prefer it. Nevermind, in a few days all get familiarized with new version.
I have a problem with 1.3 version (This is the mean reason to post here :P), I was configuring again may keys to play soldat. I've noticed that I can't configure Alt as Change Weapon key. That's weird, I'm used to use it as that. There are some way to force it? Like Space for Throwing Nades in previous versions?
Thank you and have fun.

toadsMoke
August 5, 2005, 6:37 pm
Open your old soldat.ini from 1.2.1 and under the [CONTROLS] heading copy the Change= value to your 1.3 soldat.ini

Merach
August 7, 2005, 9:16 pm
Sorry man but doesn't work.
My soldat.ini contains de last used profile. I have the same controls config in all ini files, soldat.ini and "profile".ini. The Change key is set to 56, beside the space-bar (57) which I have configured to throw nades. But in gameplay I can't change between primary and secondary :S.
Has someone another idea to solve that problem? I'm used to change with Alt key, I don't want (if I could avoid it) to change that key and train again with the new config.
Please please please.

Thanks in advance.

N1nj@
August 8, 2005, 2:43 am
I don't think it's possbile to use alt to be the Change key, cause it conflicts with the taunt button, which is alt + <key>. So I guess you have configure it to some other button. Sorry.

Merach
August 8, 2005, 2:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@I don't think it's possbile to use alt to be the Change key, cause it conflicts with the taunt button, which is alt + <key>. So I guess you have configure it to some other button. Sorry.

But I was using that config on Soldat 1.2.1 and Alt key was taunts key too. I only have 1 problem, sometimes I activated taunts when I changed weapon on movement, despite the fact that Alt was taunts key I could configure it as change key too. What is different in 1.3?
It's difficult to find another key easy to be pushed with my thumb, throw nades with space bar and change with Alt key was perfect for me :S. I'm gonna cry

Ok, again, some one could help me about this? MM could tellme why I can't use Alt now?
And, people, tell me your key config, maybe I can find some config usefull for me. (I haven't got mouse wheel)

Thanks