( search forums )
Official Forcematch Mode v1.5
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server discussion
Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 6:31 pm
Official Forcematch Weapon Mod Version 1.5

Forcematch is a concept created during Beta Testing that involves weapons that do literally no damage to your enemies. Rather than making your goal an attempt to murder your foes, your mission in Forcematch is to "Force" (push) them off the map using weapons, skill, and agility. Forcematch requires a lot of skill to play properly and is not a game mode for those who are unable to control their Soldat with skill or grace.

Forcematch is currently a work in progress. This means that new versions of the mod will be released as changes are made and new maps are added to the game. To play Forcematch, all you need to do is download the Forcematch release in the Downloads section of this topic and you'll be all set.

Download: Forcematch V1.5

How to Play:

The goal of Forcematch is simple : Force your opponent off the map and into deadly polygons and death fields. He who succeeds is the least without deaths, and is thusly the winner for that match.

In Forcematch, all the polygons of the map hold the "ice" property, which means that there is no safe place to stand as your Soldat is always moving. Being hit by a gun will propel or "force" you in the opposite direction, and thus, Forcematch is born!

There are two main types of weapons in Forcematch, and they are the following:Direct Force: These are weapons that fire "bullets", they push you directly.Indirect Force: These are weapons that fire "explosives", as they push you with force in many different directions.Direct Fire is best for situations where you want to force an enemy directly in one direction. Indirect fire is good when you need to force one enemy or a group of enemies and it doesn't matter which direction you want them to go. Remember this when assaulting a group of angered Soldaten. =3

What we need from you:

Interface Graphics

New guns, a new interface, sounds, etc. would be much appreciated and most welcome.

Map Makers!

Forcematch needs map makers to construct new maps for the game. If you like to make maps and you're ready for something a little different, here's what we need from you:All maps must be composed entirely of ice-type polygons. From top to bottom, left to right, Ice-type polygons.All maps must be surrounded by deadly (or at least hurt-type) polygons so that the player cannot escape the map. This isn't as important as the first, but make sure the players will die if they fall too far off the map (they cannot respawn).Server Admins!

Currently, Forcematch cannot be played adequately online because of a glitch in Soldat's Server Software. Eventually however, we will need server admins to test-run Forcematch on their machines and let their players enjoy Forcematch and test weapon balance.

If you would like to host a Forcematch server, here's what you need to do. Start a Deathmatch game on a default Soldat map such as Arena or Bunker. Once your players have joined, load the Forcematch weapons ini and change maps to any of the included FM_ style arenas.

Credit goes out to m00` and Ninja for their help finding a temporary solution.

Changes in this release:
Added new maps: FM Magiccircle, FM Drop, FM CountenanceModified Weapon BalanceConcept: Lapis Lazuli

First Weapons mod: BManX2000

Map Contributors: Those in bold are waypointed.

BManX2000:
FM One

Sticky:
FM Stickycentre

Lapis Lazuli:
FM_Icerings
FM_Parapet
FM_Countenance
FM_Drop
FM_Magiccircle

sativa
August 5, 2005, 8:34 pm
well I'm not downloading this before there is a descend server

zoldat
August 5, 2005, 8:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by sativawell I'm not downloading this before there is a descend server

yup

wunderbear
August 5, 2005, 9:40 pm
Interesting Concept though. I like.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 10:37 pm
I've got my temporary server up for you guys to test.

LazehBoi
August 5, 2005, 10:46 pm
Forcematch is incredible fun, and didn't BmanX2000 make this?

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 10:59 pm
I had the idea for Forcematch while tweaking the weapons for the first time. BManx2000 was kind enough to create a new map and was the guiding force for the weapons ini I use now. Which reminds me, I have two maps to add to the next version of Forcematch.

papasurf31
August 6, 2005, 12:24 am
Sounds cool. Does it have bot support?

/insert lame Star Wars joke here

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 12:54 am
I don't believe that any of the fm maps are waypointed, but I hope that sometime in the future they will be. I'll have Forcematch version 1.1 uploaded and ready for release in a short while.

Edit: I was wrong.

0xSilentx0
August 6, 2005, 5:18 am
This is brilliant....Since the update people started making theyre own gametypes which is really fun...I like is Lapis.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 1:02 pm
good stuff

Keron Cyst
August 6, 2005, 4:43 pm
This'd be under Deathmatch in servers, right? I'll check it out once it becomes more popular.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 6:25 pm
Correct, though it is possible to play CTF/INF/HTF Forcematch, there just aren't any maps for it yet.

If anyone wants to run a box with FM on it, let me know, and I'll put a link to your server in the topic here.

m00`
August 6, 2005, 11:06 pm
lapis dont people get the wrong map version error when they play custom map + weapon mod?

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 12:32 am
It only seems to happen on some servers, with random numbers of players, on certain maps..

It needs a lot of testing.

N1nj@
August 7, 2005, 5:17 am
m00` and I have figured it out!!

basically, like m00` said, custom map + weapon mod = bad

so all you have to do to fix that is to load a default map (ex. ctf_b2b), then load the custom weapon mod, tell everyone that wants to play to join the server, then do /map to change to the custom map. and it should work out nicely.

But when other people requests to join, that WMV bug happens...but at least now you can play with more poeple in this way.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 9:16 pm
Excellent idea, Ninja. At least this way the mod will be playable until Michal releases a fix. Instructions added to the original post.

Swebonny
August 7, 2005, 9:31 pm
Damn this sound so cool. I have a question: Is there any Jetfuel in this game

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 12:10 am
All depends on the map, Swebonny.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 12:17 am
cool!

hehe now Lapis Lazulli gets to play MM ^^

m00`
August 8, 2005, 4:16 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@m00` and I have figured it out!!

basically, like m00` said, custom map + weapon mod = bad

so all you have to do to fix that is to load a default map (ex. ctf_b2b), then load the custom weapon mod, tell everyone that wants to play to join the server, then do /map to change to the custom map. and it should work out nicely.

But when other people requests to join, that WMV bug happens...but at least now you can play with more poeple in this way.

yah me and spyder figured this out yesterday, we played my mode called death from above, spyder i changed the name artillery mode to death from above, ill give you the download when i get home from school

August 19, 2005, 6:45 pm
Wait, how did you get the explosions to do no damage?

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 6:57 pm
I use cluster fragments rather than the law/m79 shells. I believe they're bullet type 10.

GAMEOVER
August 19, 2005, 9:08 pm
that seems different.. you guys who downloaded post feedback.

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 5:51 pm
lapis, what about hand grenades? do you use cluster fragments for those?
hey, i didnt know clusters could have toned down damage.

i want this to be an official game mode in the next version.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 1:40 am
that could very well happen spartan

August 21, 2005, 3:51 pm
Damnit, if i use it as a no DMG sub for my m2 bullets for my physcannon mod, it makes it too damn messy...

Hoodlum
August 24, 2005, 10:16 pm
Where do I extract it too?

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 1:36 am
Extract it into your Soldat folder, so that the folders in the archive overwrite those in your Soldat folder. You won't lose any files.

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 11:45 am
Lol " the ùber Minimi xD
I find it rather hard to play, the bots just fly all over the place... (since online server is gone...)

The @venger
September 6, 2005, 9:18 pm
i made this map for forcematch, in a matter of half n hour, it is in htf, since i think this will work splendidly for forcematch, although i havent tried it yet.. ^^
anyways, here's the link:

http://www.freewebs.com/bassefader/htf_spikybox.PMS

edit: i didnt bother posting a screenie, its a small dl, so... just try it.

bojero
November 1, 2005, 9:23 am
wow i would like to help with this mod.. i am familiar with mapping (not waypoints lol) and with weapon mods.... I think this gametype would own with ONLY explosives... One thing I dun understand with weapon mods..... What's bink???

bojero
November 1, 2005, 9:26 am
also this mod has given me an idea... do you think it could be possible to make a duel gametype?? all's soldat needs now is certain map objects that admins can operate during gameplay!!!
and then this game would own soo much... and if that thing about the admins worked then i guess we'd be able to take admin control over users to a much higher lvl.. Or maybe a teleport command? that'd be just as good...

rabidhamster
November 1, 2005, 8:27 pm
damnit, i thought this up in april or something in 1.21, i was gonna use the primitive weapon moding that the dedicated server allowed, but i was too slow :(

oh, and bojero, set the server player limit to 2, and don't double post.

bojero
November 4, 2005, 2:54 pm
oh ok sorry...

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 4:30 am
i'd be happy to map for you and i happen to have another very skilled mapper in my clan who enjoys his work :)
His greatest work yet

headstone
November 8, 2005, 11:16 pm
err what exactly do I do with the 7z file?

nfsjunkie91
November 19, 2005, 12:20 am
ill map 4 ya, and @ headstone, i believe 7z format is either winrar or winace. imp retty sure it is RQR