( search forums )
Soldat 1.3 Bug Submission Thread
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 6:35 pm
Please report any bugs and errors in Soldat v 1.3 here for Michal to review.

A summarized list is below. MM/Boosta, feel free to edit/check-through or remove any bugs you've fixed/noted/or wish to be removed.

Bug Name

#8226; Description (if necessary).

Non-Dedicated Server: Can't Change Maps

#8226; While playing HTF on your own server (not dedicated), try changing maps in-game by pressing esc>change maps. When you choose a different map, it won't change, but instead it stays the same.

Access Violations

#8226; Common "bug"; It's not an issue with Soldat if it appears after a few minutes of play. Only if you get it right away is it a Soldat issue.

Crouch Bug

#8226; Fairly old bug. Some weapon mods can also cause crouch-bugs and crouch float.

Weapon-mod induced Crouch Bug

#8226; A more advanced form of the Crouch Bug. Some weapon mods make you unable to crouch, prone, and even switch weapons.

Barret: Fires through walls

Drop/Pickup/Reload Bugs

#8226; Now affects most guns. They can be reloaded without the wait, causing a slight exploit in the game. The Spas can be reloaded without even having to drop the gun.

Invisible Bullets

#8226; Mainly the LAW is affected by this bug.

Soldat doesn't remember which gun you chose last round.

Soldaten that are on fire release a bullet-whizzing sound.

Self-Bink Crosshair grows too large.

Inertia Issues

#8226; Soldaten carry momentum in odd directions after death.

Non-Dedicated Server: Error Message: List bound out of index(0)

Weapon Mods that change bullet types cause the kill console to register it as a different weapon.

#8226; For example; changing the Steyr AUG to a Flamer type weapon causes any kills with the Steyr to register as a flamer kill.

Missing Sceneries with Default Maps

Map Download fails to work and often causes crashes

Some Servers show the Map Name as the Server name

#8226; Example: "Bob's Server" - Bob's Server, when they're actually playing Arena.

Vote Kick Yes/No

#8226; Vote kick dialog says to press F11 for yes and F12 for no, however when you press F12 for NO it says "You have voted to kick xxxxxx"

Custom Maps + Weapon Mod Causes Players to disconnect as soon as they fire.

Both Teams use the same headgear Gosteks.

Some Servers display random "Connection Problem" messages that are sometimes fatal.

Jets can "spit-fire" when empty, allowing your Soldat to float to the ground.

(un-stickied by b00stA)

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 8:04 pm
i found a new bug that has never happend to me before.
run straigth forward for a while, then try jumping up (not forward)

what happens to me is that the guys keps jumping and there's no stoping him exept pressing w again..

btw: i have a wireless keyboard but i don't think that has anything to do with it..

FliesLikeABrick
August 5, 2005, 10:26 pm
odds are about 90% that this is related to your wireless keyboard

VodkaZombie
August 5, 2005, 10:32 pm
Strange, I was playing in a rambo match i picked up the rambo and started firing knives. Not sure if its a lag problem but I got a message saying I was banned from the server for possible cheating.

aprilninety
August 5, 2005, 10:50 pm
*minor spelling error*

in the setup program go to "more":

"Automatically take screenshots of final game scor"

the word "scor" is misspelled! should be "score"! =)

aprilninety
August 5, 2005, 11:57 pm
*Can't change maps!*

While playing HTF on your own server (not dedicated), try changing maps in-game by pressing esc>change maps.

when you choose a different map, it won't change, but instead stay the same. :(

iLLskiLLs
August 6, 2005, 3:13 am
Ok, I just downloaded this and want to say nice job to MM and to all the beta testers this version seems alot better.

But, Within first minute of everygame i get loads of access violations and have to ctrl + alt + del to close soldat rendering me unable to play on my non dedi server.

I've reinstalled soldat and re-booted my pc. Before i signed online i went back to soldat and played fine offline for about 6 minutes just to check. Logged on the internet (56k, netzero) and then it seems i'm unable to play at all. with bots on my own server or on anyones dedicated servers. getting access violations within 30 seconds and it freezes my soldat.

Well, I completley uninstalled everything to do with soldat 1.2.1 and the patch 1.3 because I coulden't play. I downloaded full version and started completely Over, Still I get access violations everytime. I'm currently un-able to play this new version.

Here is the access violation error message.

'Access Violation in 004C277C in module Soldat.Exe. 'Read 00000000' (which freezes my comp and when i close this message another pops up)
'Access Violation in module 004DCC45 in module Soldat.Exe. 'Read 00000000'

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 3:45 am
Well, the mercy bug and crouch bug still exist in 1.3

but hope mercy bug wouldn't be fixed. cos it rocks lol! Anyway, flamer we can keep is so much fun. Lets just hope this version will take out all the hackers out there.

Grunt002
August 6, 2005, 3:56 am
The mercy bug? Yeah that.. and what crouch bug?
I THINK I just say someone killed another guy with a barret through the wall..

Hopefully there won't be any hackers..

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 4:03 am
BUG:
Law bug looks like it has transfered to other weapons, Barret with 1 bullet, drop it 2 times, pick it up and it has 10 bullets. This gives advantage to high reload weapons such as barret, minigun, and minime. :Q

wormdundee
August 6, 2005, 6:01 am
I've just posted some bugs in the weapon balance thread because I didn't see this one.

Basically it was about invisible bullets and the game not remembering what gun you chose when changing rounds.

Check Chak's weapon balance thread (pg.5) for more detail).

Zero72
August 6, 2005, 6:41 am
Hardly really a bug, but I'd still call it an issue. The flames that shoot off a freshly Flamered corpse make a loud bullet-whizzing sound.

Leo
August 6, 2005, 8:24 am
Sometimes my crosshair becomes so big that covers half of my screen. After, it slowly comes back to normal size. I have heard many other players also complain about this problem.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 11:11 am
when i start playing a team match, and when i have selected team, nothing happens. the bots start playing but it seems that i'm a spectator.

when i go to the menu and try it again, it works :Q

Drama
August 6, 2005, 11:28 am
When hosting game with the "start game" i get a popup windows, like access vialation which says something like "list bound out of index(0)" (the words might change places, but im pretty sure those words were included)

Np with the dedicated server.

Hitman
August 6, 2005, 1:19 pm
iLLskiLLs, have you tried what it says here about access violations?

Keron Cyst
August 6, 2005, 5:31 pm
I'm amazed; no one has said anything about the inertia problems? Personally I don't want them to be fixed since they're so hilarious, but when killed in the air soldaten's corpses tend to fly in different directions than they originally were heading, and at extreme velocities.

iLLskiLLs
August 6, 2005, 6:11 pm
Yeah Hitman, I've tried that. apparently i still get access violation right away as soon as I sign on with my 56k internet Netzero, i've turned firewalls off, cleaned my pc uninstalled all of soldat/deleted it all. downloaded new file and started from scratch and as soon as i sign on i'll get access violations and it freezes..

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 6:25 pm
i noticed a flag bug. when you throw the flag the flag kinda warps out to the direction in which you threw it.
also. i dont know if this is supposed to be like this or not but the you keep the flamer until you die or throw

b00stA
August 6, 2005, 6:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Faulty Doorknobi noticed a flag bug. when you throw the flag the flag kinda warps out to the direction in which you threw it.
also. i dont know if this is supposed to be like this or not but the you keep the flamer until you die or throw

Both things are absolutely intended.
The flag spawns a bit further away from you, because otherwise you'd end up automatically picking it up again.

And, yes, the flamer is supposed to stay on you, because Michal thought the flamer is so cool now, that it should stay ;)

dumah
August 6, 2005, 7:10 pm
The access violation is caused by programs running in the background i.e. instant messenger's. You must find out which one. I've turned off the Polish communicator Tlen.pl and the error was gone.

hock3y
August 6, 2005, 9:54 pm
Michal can you make it so that if your using a weapon mod, and you change the bullet type from a steyr to say a flame, so that it doesn't show up as a flamer kill but as a steyr kill even though it has a different bullet type?

iLLskiLLs
August 6, 2005, 9:58 pm
Nah, I'v tried that dumah. I'm just completely unable to play while on my internet.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 9:59 pm
i got the same problem as illskills n my internet connection is netzero 2

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 10:10 pm
Since my English is not good, I will try to explain a possible bug:

Playing on the survival mode / team match , actually, I don?t know about others games-mode,
when you die before your team matchers, the ?respawn box?, starts twinkling without nothing writing there with no sence. It just stops when the round finish. It annoys a bit hehe :P

b00stA
August 6, 2005, 10:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by hock3yMichal can you make it so that if your using a weapon mod, and you change the bullet type from a steyr to say a flame, so that it doesn't show up as a flamer kill but as a steyr kill even though it has a different bullet type?

That bug was already known while beta testing. It seems like Michal couldn't easily fix this.

Vijchtidoodah
August 7, 2005, 12:19 am
I was playing in realistic when the cursor freaked out on me. It took over more than half of the screen but wouldn't go away -- it was still shrinking at the normal rate, which is painfully slow. I eventually died and the cursor reduced in size significantly, but still dominated the area. This is a picture of what it looked like after it shrank.

[IMAGE]

If I had taken the screenshot before I died, you would have seen that the cursor was actually larger than the screen itself and obscured everything in view. I think it was caused by both shooting the ruger and being hit multiple times with an auto.

iLLskiLLs
August 7, 2005, 12:55 am
quote:Originally posted by fishyyyyi got the same problem as illskills n my internet connection is netzero 2

Well atleast I now know it isn't because of NetZero. for everyone who knows `Psylent, he is getting the same access violations which freeze his soldat every game.

But he's using comcast broadband :)

hock3y
August 7, 2005, 3:07 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stAquote:Originally posted by hock3yMichal can you make it so that if your using a weapon mod, and you change the bullet type from a steyr to say a flame, so that it doesn't show up as a flamer kill but as a steyr kill even though it has a different bullet type?

That bug was already known while beta testing. It seems like Michal couldn't easily fix this.

Oh ok, thanks for the answer.

EDIT: In the logs it shows up as the correct gun, I guess its just ingame!

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 5:32 am
I also get the access violation. I have Netzero.

blasta
August 8, 2005, 5:34 am
my soldat is all frigged up... there are missing graphics. In the weapons menu it only shows half the gun, on my gosteks i dont see the gun at all, i cant see hte bullets, and there are also missing pieces of scenery on the map. I don't know wtf the problem is, I tried reinstalling in a new folder but that made no difference... maybe I should download a new copy?

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 6:21 am
damn i saw new version and upgraded my servers and ma game immidiatly , and godamn i wish i didn't do that ..
in the servers i got minor problam, i just cant choose maps , i put a few maps in the mapslist.txt but it plays all maps
and in the game i had few problams , first
i could not type my nickname properly , using a key like [ or ( just messing it all up but thats ok i just opened soldat.ini and typed my nickname there .(this thing also take's effect also in the servers , just look at the servers names when u request servers ingame)
second , the left alt cannot be used ! and that is my "throw grenade" buttom , just cant i cant choose in "player" buttoms setup ingame , istarted countin buttoms and figured out its 56 so i changed it in soldat.ini but still dosnt work.
and third, i cant launch a law missle , imposible and i asked lotsa players if they can they said they can't either.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 6:50 am
Hey when I play the hold the flag maps I get an error that says "scenery could not be loaded" or something like that. I end up with big chunks of white (NOT siemen) covering the map and it makes it impossible in some areas to see. I dont know if anyone else had this problem, I did a search and I came up empty handed as far as I could tell.

Swebonny
August 8, 2005, 1:53 pm
I got this error when i was starting my dedicated server.
I dont know if it is the same Accsses in the game?

[IMAGE]

i am ahab
August 8, 2005, 2:18 pm
lol itd be cool if that cursor thing was intended as a sort of -just been hit with an auto multiple times whilst firing a rifle- sorta way

XD

N1nj@
August 8, 2005, 4:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by blastamy soldat is all frigged up... there are missing graphics. In the weapons menu it only shows half the gun, on my gosteks i dont see the gun at all, i cant see hte bullets, and there are also missing pieces of scenery on the map. I don't know wtf the problem is, I tried reinstalling in a new folder but that made no difference... maybe I should download a new copy?
You probably have a savage video card, that's why you only see half of the weapons. I suggest you try to search for the fix around the forum, try PM-ing karmazon.quote:Originally posted by SgtBaBadamn i saw new version and upgraded my servers and ma game immidiatly , and godamn i wish i didn't do that ..
in the servers i got minor problam, i just cant choose maps , i put a few maps in the mapslist.txt but it plays all maps
i could not type my nickname properly , using a key like [ or ( just messing it all up but thats ok i just opened soldat.ini and typed my nickname there .(this thing also take's effect also in the servers , just look at the servers names when u request servers ingame)
second , the left alt cannot be used ! and that is my "throw grenade" buttom , just cant i cant choose in "player" buttoms setup ingame , istarted countin buttoms and figured out its 56 so i changed it in soldat.ini but still dosnt work.
and third, i cant launch a law missle , imposible and i asked lotsa players if they can they said they can't either.I can use [ or ( just fine with my in-game name or the server name, what happens when you try to use it?

Also you can't fire the law while standing up, crouch or prone and hold fire button to fire it.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 9:01 pm
well illskills netzero can still b the problem cuz psylent could have another thing that causes him 2 get accces violations

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 10:05 pm
Yeah, I get the access violation and I have Netzero 3G. Could it be because of the accelerator?

Edit: No I don't think it's the accelerator, just tried it... but what could it be?

N1nj@
August 8, 2005, 11:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahI was playing in realistic when the cursor freaked out on me. It took over more than half of the screen but wouldn't go away -- it was still shrinking at the normal rate, which is painfully slow. I eventually died and the cursor reduced in size significantly, but still dominated the area. This is a picture of what it looked like after it shrank.

img: http://laughingllamas.com/members/vijchtidoodah/uploads/Cursor.gif

If I had taken the screenshot before I died, you would have seen that the cursor was actually larger than the screen itself and obscured everything in view. I think it was caused by both shooting the ruger and being hit multiple times with an auto.
Just a question, were you playing on a weapon modded server?

iLLskiLLs
August 9, 2005, 12:46 am
quote:Originally posted by fishyyyywell illskills netzero can still b the problem cuz psylent could have another thing that causes him 2 get accces violations

Well either way he's getting the same type of access violation read, only when hes online with comcast though.

I'll just wait for a patch..

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 3:37 am
I hope it is fixed soon. I can't wait to get out and play on the new version.

Vijchtidoodah
August 9, 2005, 5:54 am
I don't think so, Spyder. Although, I'm not sure that I would recognize it as one even if it were.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 7:54 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SgtBaBa
damn i saw new version and upgraded my servers and ma game immidiatly , and godamn i wish i didn't do that ..
and third, i cant launch a law missle , imposible and i asked lotsa players if they can they said they can't either.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can use [ or ( just fine with my in-game name or the server name, what happens when you try to use it?

Also you can't fire the law while standing up, crouch or prone and hold fire button to fire it
-----------------
maybe its just for me , when i look at the servers list ingame all the names of servers are mixed up
and when i press alt ingame to throw grenade im just standing freezed , lets say if i run and throw grenade then it stops moving altho i still try to run and it dosnt throw the grenade and i checked my keyboard is all fine, try it
and i might be noob but i know i need to crouch for shootin a law , try it also urself and see .. i dont see aliens ;>
anyway if all that stuff works for you then please send your version . i installed and uninstalled 5 times

Futile
August 9, 2005, 1:13 pm
Both of my servers ignore the "respawn time"-setting from their .ini-file. They both instant respawn all the time. Have anyone else encountered this?

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 1:18 pm
The LAW bug is real i have the same problem and so does my friend.

When you host a server its all fine and dandy, but when you join one you cant seem to fire the law, but the creater of the server sees you firing a LAW.
This causes some lag problems because on the clients Comp it doesnt seem to realise that you've fired the weapon so nobody dies or gets hurt etc.
But on the server end they see the opposite, which is the lag problems and out of sync stuff.

N1nj@
August 9, 2005, 2:54 pm
Vijchtidoodah: If it's using a weapon mod, it would say (WM) in front of it. And also when you hover on the weapons menu, it will pop up the alter stats on the right side of the menu.

SgtBaba: What do you mean the list is all mixed up? Like I said to Vijc, if the server has (WM) in front of it, its a weapon mod. If it doens't, then it is using the default weapon mod. Simple as that, how is it mixed up?

Also, the 'alt' key can't bind is a known bug, some one posted it not too long ago.

Futile: That might be because of this: - Fixed wave respawn in dedicated server (if there are few players it takes less seconds to respawn)

aprilninety
August 9, 2005, 5:37 pm
does anyone ever have a problem with downloading custom maps from servers now?

i do, it usually says "map ctf_(name) not found". So, I'm guessing we can't download custom maps straight from the lobby anymore?

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 7:29 pm
The reason you cannot fire a LAW is simple... it has a startup time as default now xD. Press fire and hold it for a while. Ur LAW will come shooting out like normal, I personaly dont like this... i like instant fire (On my server all startup times are disabled, even Minigun). You are unable to get a good aim with LAW startup....

UltraMagnus
August 9, 2005, 9:41 pm
well, i just found a bug on my modded server, i modded the AUG to fire knifes, and turned cheat detection off, but somtimes the knifes just dont do anything, it seems to happen more after you reload though

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 12:23 am
i hope he patches it cuz i played another game i couldnt play it cuz of thier anti cheat n it think netzero is a hack n they never fixed it

Zero72
August 10, 2005, 8:59 am
1. MP3 player completely broken. Next Track does not skip to the next track, and Stop Play does not stop play.

2. My secondary weapon has, several times, reset itself to the Socom between sessions.

Keron Cyst
August 10, 2005, 5:06 pm
I've played on htf_Futura twice now and it's not in my Soldat\Maps directory...

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 9:31 pm
Maybe we should make a fix, so many bugs have been found in a couple of days...

Well, this is what happened to me: I was playing against bots (getting used to the new version), and as the map changed, my player copied in two. Yeah, two guys following each other. The other one had MP5 and was wearing black and Mr. T-style hair. The other guy had M79 and looked exactly like my player.

They both stayed nearly together, and both followed my orders precicely (shoot, move, jet and stuff), and if they got even little far away from each other, they warped back together. It was strange, they respawned back together even when one of them got killed. And they could shoot eachother dead, too.

But it was kinda fun, having two guys to shoot with... what a weird bug.

Suomipoika
August 13, 2005, 9:01 pm
Autodownloading aint working, and it crashes server. :O

ráz0r
August 13, 2005, 11:29 pm
all law bullets are invisible

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 2:53 am
the mariachi hat is missing!

Vote kick dialog says to press F11 for yes and F12 for no, however when you press F12 for NO it says "You have voted to kick xxxxxx"

Which one actually votes yes?

the Goal for CTF says you get 25 points for capping ^_^

my server doesnt crash when ppl download custom maps, although it should crash ^_^

Suomipoika
August 15, 2005, 12:35 am

It (server )doesnt notice me changing HTF maxpoints from soldat.ini .

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 9:28 pm
I don't know if this has been reported before, but when you create two custom gosteks (onw on each team), they all use the same hat and helmet (from team red - blue doesn't use its own).

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 3:04 am
When I'm playing, I get random connection problems constantly--it seems like every server I play I get one, and it has become quite a nuiscance.

Additionally, sometimes when someone joins the game, they appear to get disconnected and reconnect constantly, at a rate of maybe 1 disconnect and reconnect per second. It makes it very difficult to do anything to/with them, and of course it fills up the chat as well, so communication is pretty much killed; but on their end, as well as some others', everything is perfectly normal. In fact, I just left from a game where this happened.

Yukwunhang
August 18, 2005, 1:04 pm
Erm...the law has a startup time in 1.3. Hold the damned button for 0.3 second and there you go.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 6:55 pm
I've been receiving an access violation as well. The error is as follows:

Access violation at address 004C267C in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

I have been running in the single player mode with several bots.

It appears usually within 30 sec to a minute of playing, everytime. It crashes Soldat and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete Soldat. I can not seem to find any action or event that causes it. Sometimes it appears right away, other times it may be a minute or so before it shows up.

I have tried:
uninstalling and reinstalling it.
Access Violation steps posted in the common problems section.
I have tried terminating various programs in the background.

My machine specs are as follows:
AMD Athlon 1800+ 1.5 Ghz
GeForce Ti 4400 128 mb
1 GB RAM
Windows 2000

I do not have NetZero, I have Comcast cable Internet. I do not run any programs in the background to maintain my connection.

Looking forward to playing Soldat. :)

LazehBoi
August 19, 2005, 9:23 pm
My socom fires incredibly innacurate as if I have a cursor the size of the screen. I think it's because of the weapon mod (I'll test right now and edit my post in a bit), though. So i'll get rid of the weapons.ini and see what happens.
Edit: Yeah. It was fixed once I deleted the weapons.ini.

Also, I was just playing on Anna's server to test mancer's new map and when I touched the bezerker powerup, it didn't disappear yet I still had the power. Probbly some lag or something.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 3:22 pm
Man is there any hope in sight for a netzero fix? I'm going crazy.

Keron Cyst
August 22, 2005, 11:53 pm
*lol* What, Happy Camper? I went into a collider on the top path of ctf_Run and I was able to fire my LAW without delay, no WM (somehow managed to not explode on the collider even though I checked with my other weapon that I was sitting right in it).

Sk8er
August 23, 2005, 9:20 am
Ever founded a respawn bug with m79?I played ctf_dropdown on some server with no WM and i hided in the middle of the map in the bush with m79....exedantaly my mate hided in the bush with me and i didnt saw him and i shooted m79 and that m79 shooted my friend and killed him and me (no FF server was REALISTIC)and he respawned normaly and i repsawned where i died...cool..

KiddOws
August 23, 2005, 1:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHi found a new bug that has never happend to me before.
run straigth forward for a while, then try jumping up (not forward)

what happens to me is that the guys keps jumping and there's no stoping him exept pressing w again..

btw: i have a wireless keyboard but i don't think that has anything to do with it..

having hte same prob with a wired keyboard it still works good !

PuMa
August 24, 2005, 9:08 pm
I've only come across this once, but then again, I dont use the Minigun too much. Happened when I spawned and held down the mouse to start unloading, the mouse got really big, and literally 'zoomed through the screen'

[IMAGE]

Hgrey87
August 25, 2005, 4:04 am
It's not showing bullet trails. Or if it is, I can't see them. Makes it hard to see where I hit sometimes.

b00stA
August 25, 2005, 9:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hgrey87It's not showing bullet trails. Or if it is, I can't see them. Makes it hard to see where I hit sometimes.

Run "config.exe" from your Soldat directory, go to the Performance tab and enable "Render bullet trails".

_Mancer_
August 26, 2005, 3:51 am
/pause bug

If you /pause then rejoin while pause is in effect, you can move around.

NavySeal
August 26, 2005, 7:06 pm
Can you change how much points you get from scoring with flag if not there is a bug that doesn't give you 20 or was it 25 points. I'm sure I scored over 5 times still no points, upset 1 point then

Hgrey87
August 28, 2005, 1:17 am
Um, yeah. Config.exe isn't exactly hidden. Bullet trails are enabled, but they do not show up.

N1nj@
August 28, 2005, 2:21 am
Bullet trails show up fine for me, it could be your hardware problem. Try updating drivers/directx

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 12:34 pm
This may be an odd thing, but I discovered something...
Whenever you make a weapon mod, and set a machine gun to have about 150 bullets and extreme rate of fire, and you use it and pause, the gun keeps shooting, all the bullets in the same pixels. But that's not all, after that you can fire indefinately, the reload is useless (you can just fire anyway).

It doesn't work with the standard setting of weapons, though. So you're safe there.

Although, in 1.2(.1) and 1.3 there's still the bug that when you hold down the rmb to use Jet and then pause, you'll still use Jet and shoot up when unpaused.

Hgrey87
August 29, 2005, 1:59 am
As for infinite fire, regardless of reloading, that will happen on most weapons when the fire interval is set to 0.

Zero72
August 29, 2005, 7:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero722. My secondary weapon has, several times, reset itself to the Socom between sessions.
This seems to happen every time I switch profiles.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 5:27 pm
I want to play sooo bad. i have been waiting for what seems like forever. Will there be a fix for netzero? Any Progress? Now what will I do when I'm bored?

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 9:00 pm
Im not too sure if this has been posted already, If it has im sorry... I dont feel like reading the whole topic but this bug is really annoying me

Invisible m79 bug
If you have 2 m79s, shoot 1, and then shoot the 2nd right after, the 2nd one will be invisible, as in wont show. This happens each and every time.

ugapa
August 31, 2005, 7:44 am
- respawn with one ammo
- respawn at wrong point
- I think if you stick ina bot, sometimes there is a access violation error
- kill someone after they kill you & your weapon you used won't show up
- weapon jam
- auto kick for joining as a spec when there are more than 2 specs in
- when you make someone green or yellow, it makes health and nades spawn at any point
- sometimes I join and I fly or shoot for no reason
- bugging to top of Death, Kampf, and Bunker
-stuck in polys

Zero72
September 8, 2005, 8:20 am
The clip of the MP5 doesn't drop to the ground during a reload. It just disappears from the gun and reappears a moment later.

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 12:14 pm
All the time I'm getting problems with dedicated server - 2.3.6 (and a few bugs I face related with Soldat 1.3)
Files related:
- couldn't open file .PMS
- Could not load map (Too many files open)
Other:
- grenades bug, heaalth and other pickups visible, but don't exist (even when i connect to local server), it seems that everyone has them
- bad kills logging - killer or victim missing - don't know which, but there are not enough lines
- kills info sometimes doesn't appear on screan
- random crashes (may be related with maps)

Unlucky 13
September 9, 2005, 7:53 am
"- respawn at wrong point"
That usually happens to me after the respawn count has gone and then you don't spawn for about 2 seconds. I guess it's a lag problem.

"- grenades bug, heaalth and other pickups visible, but don't exist (even when i connect to local server), it seems that everyone has them"
I thought that was some new addition in 1.2.1, because that's when I first noticed them, but I don't know.

Two flaggers?
When the flagger throws the flag, they keep the yellow "name glow" that signifies they are flagger until they come on-screen again, and if someone else collects the flag during that time, there seems to be two flaggers for your team, according to the on-screen names, anyway.

icecream
September 15, 2005, 2:56 pm
in the new deathmatch map: "daybreak" i've found an glitch/bug.
if you have an m79 go to the very left of the map, and then to the lowest level. You'll see a bush, and under that bush is a new "level". Go stand on the bush and shoot directly under you. Now you'll or get stuck in the ground, or fall down to that level. Verry strange because you can walk right and than disappear behind a poly.

I know this is actually a glitch, and this is a bug submission thread but i just wanted to tell it.

Elephant_Hunter
September 16, 2005, 8:12 am
I know it probably sounded like a good idea to begin with, but a single bug submission thread isn't necessary. This getting a bit long and hard to browse. Anyhow, most soldat players have moved to 1.3 and I think you should expand discussion of this version's bugs to the entire forum (but keep the list up to date for MM and others to check.) Excuse me if this was your original intention, I'm a bit off-whack tonight.

A html support file would also be handy to explain fixes to common bugs. The FAQs forum could be ported into one, but right now it has too many links to other sites and wildly different text formats depending on the mod posting. Quite a daunting task :D

GAMEOVER
September 16, 2005, 3:52 pm
Is there anyway mm could fix the nade issues. I swear to god I throw nades all the time directly at people and they blow up rite on them not killing them yet they throw 1 back at me rite away and I die. This happens to me at the very least 90% of the time and thats not even an exageration. I gave up throwing them at people and just lob em on the ground hopeing they run over them.

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 9:13 pm
Server 2.3.7 bugs:
1. occasional map not found problem, in ctf resutls in game corruption - no flags, players drop off patachuted and such stuff (server restart needed)
2. from time to time file uplaod problem - player tries to join but nothing is sent to him - server stops sending files (server restart needed)
3. ping from REFRESH command is (ping % 256) instead of number of ticks

These problems (1 and 2) make running server with custom maps really problematic

RusticCrust
September 22, 2005, 7:59 am
okay I have a bug.
When I first started up soldat it came up saying it couldn't initialize 3d software. I could still play like that but it was windowed and also when I get into a game it refreshes very slowly and f3 tells me it's going at 0fps.
I made it play normally by doing Force Software but it still runs at that pace. It's never run this slowly before.
Any suggestions?

dr.ON
October 6, 2005, 8:11 pm
When i prone (on some servers everytime) i start stanging and proning and again standing than proning... Like i hold a finger on a prone button... :( it's not a problem with my keyboard, cuz it never happend out of soldat.

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 6:56 pm
noticed this for the first time today, but some1 else told me it was a "known bug".. yet i dont find it in this list/thread, so here goes:

- There was a kickvote going on against Person A.
- I voted yes (f12) (btw, fix this in the first post, f12 is yes isnt it)
- instead of kicking Person A, a new kickvote got started (with me as starter!) against Person B
- Person B might be some1 who joined very shortly before my pressing f12, remains to be confirmed though.

weird! :)

nfsjunkie91
October 19, 2005, 9:13 pm
shotgun bug - if u make a modded shotgun, i did it with like 20 shots and a fairly low (45 ticks) fire interval, and when the ammo reaches 0, if u keep pressing fire realy fast, it will go back to 20 even when it waas on zero. glitchy :P

Arcani
October 22, 2005, 6:49 am
I was missing a bmp file before and i reinstalled it. now i'm missing another file: DOT.bmp. Can someone send it to me at my email, Tyrannius@gmail.com. Thanks

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 6:45 pm
Whoa, Vv00t-FreeLance has limecat as his avatar too!
I found a bug on Mr. Snowman.
In the bottom right corner, the ledge that forms an angle like this: >. There's a small place where your legs fall into the ground and you have to jump out of it.

Snipedmyself
October 23, 2005, 5:57 am
quote:Originally posted by RusticCrustokay I have a bug.
When I first started up soldat it came up saying it couldn't initialize 3d software. I could still play like that but it was windowed and also when I get into a game it refreshes very slowly and f3 tells me it's going at 0fps.
I made it play normally by doing Force Software but it still runs at that pace. It's never run this slowly before.
Any suggestions?

I have the same problem i think. If i set soldat to run windowed by unchecking full screen It says eroor initializing 3d hardware, and then it says i need direct x 8 or higher, i have dx9c. but soldat will run fullscreen . i cannot force soldat to run in a window.

Stern
October 26, 2005, 12:56 am
I recieved a list out of bounds error while playing. When I clicked ok on the dialog box, it appeared again instantly. I was playing CTF with a limit of 5. Somehow though, it showed that our score was 233 or something.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 4:44 pm
Very strange. A day ago I joined the U13 server (East) and I'm spectating. So, I see it's like 5vs4, and I join blue team. Then it was the other way around, and uneven, so I switch over to red team. Right when I picked my weapons, my AK-74 had 65 ammo in its clip, and my LAW had 8 ammo in its clip.

I thought this was a serious error, so I tried shooting a few rounds off, and the bullets seemed to go behind me in a downward position.

- AK-74
http://skurr.com/error/error1.PNG
http://skurr.com/error/error2.PNG
http://skurr.com/error/error3.PNG

- LAW
http://skurr.com/error/error4.PNG
http://skurr.com/error/error5.PNG

I was trying to shoot people also, and nothing would happen. I guess other people couldn't notice it. I was just pointing this out because it could be a U13 error, or a Soldat error, I dunno. After I took those images I rejoined the server and everything was fine. :I

BattleMaker -GER-
October 28, 2005, 9:44 pm
I am a german guy, so excuse my bad English.
While playing Soldat, I found a small bug. This bug accords to the new feature, that invisible Soldiers don't make any noise when they fire.
But when I shoot with one of the four secondary weapons, I really hear something. Especially the knife shoudn't make any noise, not?

greetz, BattleMaker from Germany

Messiah
October 29, 2005, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by S4RVery strange. A day ago I joined the U13 server (East) and I'm spectating. So, I see it's like 5vs4, and I join blue team. Then it was the other way around, and uneven, so I switch over to red team. Right when I picked my weapons, my AK-74 had 65 ammo in its clip, and my LAW had 8 ammo in its clip.

I thought this was a serious error, so I tried shooting a few rounds off, and the bullets seemed to go behind me in a downward position.

- AK-74
http://skurr.com/error/error1.PNG
http://skurr.com/error/error2.PNG
http://skurr.com/error/error3.PNG

- LAW
http://skurr.com/error/error4.PNG
http://skurr.com/error/error5.PNG

I was trying to shoot people also, and nothing would happen. I guess other people couldn't notice it. I was just pointing this out because it could be a U13 error, or a Soldat error, I dunno. After I took those images I rejoined the server and everything was fine. :I

Wow ive never seen a bug like that and its never happend to me but this is pretty bad bug. I think it could have been caused by lag and are you sure it wasnt a WM server? lol

Echo_Trail
October 30, 2005, 7:01 pm
sometims you just get blown off polygons.. when it's in a strange angle or something!

DeMo
November 2, 2005, 8:00 am
Man.. I hate this 1.3.0 version, it's damn full of bugs. :(

- Invisible bullets: Doesn't happen only with the LAW... I have experienced this with Barret and M79 too.
- Throw flag away: if you crouch and press the jump button while holding the enemy flag.. you'll throw it away!
- Filters in the ingame server browser are not working...

And all the other bugs that have been reported.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 7:53 am
Wow DeMo. It's like you saw my first post and disregarded the rest of the entire topic.

Way to go!

-Claw-
November 25, 2005, 4:26 pm
Im not sure is this a commong bug.

When you take a connection to server for like 10 times/minute, after several minutes server crashes. (actually does an illegal action, as windows says). Im not sure is this fixed in most new dedicated server, but atleast it remains in the original 1.3 dedicated. Aye, and server is on WinME (i know, i know, dont laugh that much, it is stable, uptime atm over 4 months! ;D".

Chitown_Cowboy
November 28, 2005, 4:07 pm
I ran the installer for updating Soldat 1.2 to 1.3, and I got some error messages on starting config (D3DX81AB.DLL is missing, FMOD.DLL is missing) and when I DLed those dlls, there was an error at the startup of the game itself:

The procedure entry point _FSOUND_Stream_OpenFile@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library fmod.dll

...and then the game doesnt start. Im running on a 500 mhz processor, 96 MB RAM, ATI RAGE PRO 4x. Someone please help me. =(

Drekorig
November 30, 2005, 10:50 am
List of bugs I have found:

1. (happends mostly with AK-47. I start reloading and while reloading start rolling. There is 10 % possibility to get this bug. The reloading bar stucks and the player start to "flow" around the map.

2. VERY BAD BUG, not sure did soldat it.. but anyway. I had Soldat dedicated server on (newest dedicated version). And I was playing in my dedicated server with another soldat open. (Winamp was playing on background and MSN Messenger was on, plus firewall and other common programs) then suddenly all of the players in my server ping went to 1500 and server lagged, ppl left and my soldat was "not responding" I closed the dedicated server and then winamp went to "not responding". And didnt close when I pressed "X". MSN was still on. And my ALT+CTRL+DEL worked but when i tried to close soldat it didnt work. Then i pressed power button and closed computer totally. And when I restarted computer..it loaded...loaded..and loaded, then I got message: Windows could not be started. File is broken or deleted: C:/Windows/System32/config/system

And i had to REinstall whole computer again. [CENSORED].

and other bugs I have founded but im in school, so i dont write them now.

I think this windows destruction came by Soldat 1.3.0 and newest dedicated server (and winamp and MSN or a hacker)

mar77a
December 2, 2005, 8:05 pm
Heh, Demo, this - - Throw flag away: if you crouch and press the jump button while holding the enemy flag.. you'll throw it away! - is not a bug, but a feature.

im Spicy
December 25, 2005, 5:37 am
I got a new bug (at least I think it is a bug), when you pull out your knife and lay or crouch down behind a collider and throw your knife up it creates multiple knives.

supersigh
March 7, 2006, 10:38 pm
hello! i have a problem with the textures of soldat 1.3.1 on my geforce fx 5100.. i link you a capture of the screen:

http://codeguito.free.fr/varie/soldat%20error.jpg

this is a known bug? help! before this graphic card i had a geforce 2 mx and it worked all ok! :((

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 11:03 pm
In the Forum section list it says to submit all 1.3.1 bugs here even though the the title of this thread is for 1.3. I'm going to assume you mean for people to post the bugs here anyways.

It's a pretty rare bug and I've never seen it before. It's only happened once to me and it went away pretty quick. I hit the request servers button with some filters on and I got a list full of random characters. Then when I was done going "Wtf?", I hit the button again and got a normal list.

Here's a screen that shows what happened. The quality is cruddy because I saved it as a .jpg in MS Paint. Sorry bout that.

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screwy7dy.jpg

jettlarue
March 26, 2006, 6:43 am
ok. i have got a bug i have got for 1st time ever and i play 1-2 hours every day. i was switching teams from blue to red. a person who has bad lag switched same time as me or very close. it took about 2 seconds to switch teams which is 3-4 times as much as normal. once i spawned i could not talk and could not use the f keys or escape. it was very much like another bug that has those same effects. but when the lagging person finished switching teams and spawned i mirrored every move he did. i could shoot and i could move. but when he would shoot i would shoot. when he mover right i moved right etc etc. also i would respawn withought dieing almost like i hit a 1 dimensional polygon(all 3 points of a poly are same spot). when the lagging person moved left and i moved right and i moved left i wouldnt move really. but say the lagger was moving right and i jetted i would go right and up. i am sure that this was because of that person(dont know who since he was a major) when he got ping kicked i would move regularly and would not randomly respawn.(i think the random fake-respawn was when he died). when he was ping kicked i could move regularly but still i could not talk or use function keys. but an odd note is i play on fullscreen, when i have the bug where functions keys dont work and talking doesnt work i would alt+f4 and it would just exit like i closed a window. with this bug it had to resize and then quit. btw this is first time i have had this specific bug and no bugs ever happened to me before i reformatted my computer which i have heard that causes it from other people(although i am not sure why it would). well thanks and i hope to see if anyone has ever got this bug before.

jettlarue
March 28, 2006, 3:48 am
sorry for double post but this is important. this has happened to me 2 more times. i will post a screenshot i it happens again but the screenshot wouldnt really help i dont think.

-FS- A Server Admin
March 31, 2006, 12:14 am
Okay, here's a query that I haven't seen posted on the forums, and I searched too.

Basically, today when I got home I started up Soldat as usual, but this time it spawned a popup that said ??(I forget the number the first time)? is not a valid integer value?. Now I?ve never seen this before, so I uninstalled and deleted all of my Soldat versions and folders, then I reinstalled it in C:\Soldat like I usually do. I tried it again, but this time the same error came up but with a different number (??4097901174? is not a valid integer value?). So can anybody either tell me why this is happening/what is wrong or how to fix it/what I have to do?

EDIT: I am going to post this in the 1.3.1 support thread, since apparently this is for 1.3 and I did not know.

nub
March 31, 2006, 10:49 pm
*spas doesnt aim correctly*

i suppose that this is a bug...

sometimes when i aim at someone with the spas who is at the lower right or left of me and shoot, my soldat will shoot horizontally left or right instead of down left/right. this rarely happens but is still very annoying when you are in close combat with someone and need every hit.

have anyone noticed the same or is it just me?

apc300
April 10, 2006, 7:52 pm
hello, im not sure if this is a bug but it would help me if it was fixed,

ok, u know how u press the chat key to open the chat, and close it with the Enter key,
well the problem is when u set the chat key to be Enter,
u press it once:it opens the chat,
u press it again:it sends the message but opens the chat again,

plz fix this, so that (when chat key is set to Enter) it only opens or closes the chat and not both,
thx :), cya

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 4:32 am
Just noticed a "bug" this morning.

Whenever I open Soldat it takes me to a website saying the following:

Not Found
The requested URL /suspended.page/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is this an issue with my comptuer, or does everyone's do it?
Soldat still loads ok, it just loads the web browser at the same time for some reason.