( search forums )
This is going to hurt
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 9:00 pm
I fear that my temporary server - the one with Minigun/LAW - will only be amongst the first of these new weapon mod servers which abuse the weapon editor. If any of you were on it (my server - which I think Mancer and Swazo, along with a whole stampede of European dudes), don't count on it being up again. The next time it's up, all will be back to normal. I fear many, many of servers just over the cresent will adapt to "Minigun-LAWs" or "Explosive fists". This will either ruin or boost the community - discuss.

But contrary to what I just said, modding opportunities will rise dramatically - though mostly offline. Automatic shotguns with a high ROF such as the Jackhammer will rise, and the Minigun will have more potential as the mod for a M249, M240, etc. What this leaves us with is an infinite number of weapon possibilities - Deagles could be replaced with Dual Mac10s, etc. Think about it.

EDIT: ARGH dammit can someone move this to the Lounge?

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 9:21 pm
no

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 9:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psychono

If you don't have anything productive to say, then leave this thread.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 9:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psychono

Hitman
August 5, 2005, 9:45 pm
Psycho, stop being an asshole.quote:I fear many, many of servers just over the cresent will adapt to "Minigun-LAWs" or "Explosive fists". This will either ruin or boost the community - discuss.Yes, that may be true, to a certain extent, however. Many people will obviously go mad with the weapon editing abilities, but after a while it'll get boring. Many of them will return to normal game play as Minigun-Laws, as much fun as it may be at first, is unplayable. Just like using cheats in a game; It may be fun at first, but after a while it get repetitive and boring.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 10:01 pm
want my opinion? fine.. all waepon modified servers are fcked up... I tried one, and the shotgun fired 1000000 rounds per minute, no reload, and bullet speed 1000000000 it was like being a hacker, and everyone did it causing a lag sky high so that sucked and I was against it ALL ALONG

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 5:01 pm
See? I knew it. Look at the topics - everyone is a "modder" now! Only just not graphics... what used to be the only way to mod...

Aquarius
August 6, 2005, 5:12 pm
Number of (WM) servers: 19
Total number of servers: 273

Whiners.

b00stA
August 6, 2005, 7:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by AquariusNumber of (WM) servers: 19
Total number of servers: 273

Whiners.

1.2.* servers: 188
1.3 server: 78