( search forums )
Fonts
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Atybrc
August 5, 2005, 10:32 pm
how can i put my font?

b00stA
August 6, 2005, 6:54 pm
By doing what the change log says?

- Added file "Soldat\Txt\font.ini", allows to change in-game font (useful for mods and translations)

Atybrc
August 6, 2005, 10:04 pm
fonts dont change

N1nj@
August 7, 2005, 12:36 am
It does.

Here is what you should do:

1) Install your desired font to the 'Fonts' folder located in the 'Control Panel' by dragging the font file into the folder.
2) Copy your desired font to the Soldat directory.
3) Double click the font you choose and "Typeface name:". It should be located on line #3 normally. Memorize that name or copy it.
4) Then go to "Soldat\Txt\font.ini" and open it with notepad, and replace "BankGothic Lt BT" or "Lucida Console" with the Typeface name that you copied earlier.
5) Save the file and run Soldat.
6) Volia.

Atybrc
August 8, 2005, 11:25 pm
strange bug, i can set fonts only after install full 1.3
(after patch 1.2.1->1.3 doesnt work)

so... how can i translate game? (i have translation and rus fonts) in game i see corrupted symbols :(
[IMAGE]

N1nj@
August 9, 2005, 3:07 am
What are you trying to translate it to?

A lot of languages had been translated already, you can get more info about it in the Translation section of the forum. Also, if you want to translate it to Finnish, German, Spanish, or Czech, then just download this file: http://www.soldat.pl/downloads/soldattrans.zip

and extract the file to the "Soldat\Txt\Languages" folder, then open Soldat setup and in the "More" tab to select your language.

systemfeind
August 9, 2005, 10:52 am
soldat is not able to deal with special symbols yet

Atybrc
August 9, 2005, 2:26 pm
2systemfeind k :(

N1nj@
August 9, 2005, 3:43 pm
If you can change the font to something else, I think you can use special symbols.

Also, I figured out why it didnt work. I updated the methods, read it above.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 6:15 pm
im having the smae problem i did what u said ninj@ but it wont change font in game i tried changin to Transistor

N1nj@
August 10, 2005, 2:56 pm
Are you registered?

If you aren't, then maybe mickle is right, you do have to be registered to change the font? Although it shouldn't be that way...

Stealth870
August 10, 2005, 4:40 pm
Still won't work -_- I even tried a fresh install of Soldat 1.3 and it didn't work :(

Rambo_6
August 13, 2005, 5:57 pm
Same here. For some reason my soldat font is Arial, but i deleted arial a long time ago and replaced it. Weird.

N1nj@
August 13, 2005, 6:03 pm
Rambo_6: From what I know from your other thread, you just renamed the font file name and replaced the original. You are suppose to change it via Fonts.ini in /Txt/ folder.

Rambo_6
August 14, 2005, 2:34 pm
I edited the fonts.ini as well. For some reason my soldat enjoys using arial.

Yukwunhang
August 14, 2005, 5:10 pm
I don't think you have to copy the fonts into the Soldat folder.