( search forums )
ctf_Xoland - the almost replacement of Voland
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
August 5, 2005, 10:51 pm
As the name suggests, ctf_Xoland is a remake of Voland. Bigger and faster, and different looks, with some problems solved that Voland had. Michal liked it (which is hopefully a sign of quality), but it didnt win an internal voting about the replacement of Voland. Still, its been running on the p-L public during the last two weeks of the betatest and was quite popular, so I decided to do a separate release thread aswell.

The map is fully waypointed and almost bug-free. Its about 20% longer and 10-15% higher than the original voland. It offers faster movement and easier accessible bases aswell as changes on the middle pit. Basecamping should be most likely gone there.

have fun ;)

Overview (small):
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/ctf_Xoland.jpg

Overview (big):
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/ctf_Xoland_big.jpg

Download:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/ctf_Xoland.zip

Felix
August 5, 2005, 10:53 pm
Ye I played it a couple of time, it's pretty enjoyable, nice job I like it, but another color
instead of grey/brown would looks better :)

Twinkler
August 5, 2005, 11:41 pm
I don't much like the texture you chose, but other than that the map looks fine. Though I much prefer Voland the way it is now.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 12:40 am
I voted for this over the original one :(

Raptor
August 6, 2005, 3:07 am
*Downloads*
WOW! This looks 60% better than ctf Voland! Good job!

VodkaZombie
August 6, 2005, 3:34 am
Wow, definatley similar to Voland. Nice!

karmazon
August 6, 2005, 8:41 am
Don't like it. Voland's my favorite map, and this just doesn't seem like it, altough if viewed as a independent and seperate map it's quite good.

Avarax
August 6, 2005, 12:23 pm
doesnt seem to have similar gameplay like voland. i'd like to keep the lazout edgier like voland, only optic improvements and enlargment of the spawn areas.

Keron Cyst
August 6, 2005, 4:45 pm
It looks great, but I like the original better in some aspects; ctf_Xoland is curvy & organic while the original looks more like manmade structure with boxy, plain ends. And the extra ledge in the respawn areas doesn't fit the smooth look of the rest of your map :-P

Ray.Dyo
August 7, 2005, 1:11 am
Nice job !
Curvy forms are great. A good map, like Voland ;)

Rambo_6
August 8, 2005, 1:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonDon't like it. Voland's my favorite map, and this just doesn't seem like it, altough if viewed as a independent and seperate map it's quite good.

Voland had just the right height, but it lacked smoothness and detail. Although yours is a bit stretched for my tastes, it still is damn good :)

Hoodlum
August 8, 2005, 2:44 pm
I do like this map but I do love Voland alot more.

Michal
August 8, 2005, 3:28 pm
Very nice map, I like it better than the voland since I'm not a fan of red/grey/blue looking maps. I think the texture suits this map very well. Really nice work with the sceneries, I especially like how you did the pit.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:10 pm
I still think more color is usephul,but still nicely done.

Ray.Dyo
August 17, 2005, 12:43 am
Map hosted on server !#Soldat @ irc.easyrc.net
ip: irc.easyrc.net port: 23073

LazehBoi
August 17, 2005, 9:35 am
quote:Originally posted by StalkyI voted for this over the original one :(

I did too :(
It's uh, less small, so the dreaded spawnkilling Voland has isn't as bad in Xoland. That and it just looks sexier. <3