( search forums )
General Review on the new version *maps unfinished
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DT
August 6, 2005, 12:40 am
alright so i played the new version alittle and will point out the major things!!! alot easier then looking through the Changes 1.2.1 - 1.3 list

The new mode Hold The Flag
Capture and hold the yellow flag that spawns
get points for holding the flag... easy enough

At First i thought this would be a camping game and found out it is :(
In this fast paced match You and your team scramble to grab the flag
and then retreat to hold on to it
(basicly what happens on CTF when both teams have the flag except on ctf both teams are attacking...)

To me this is basicly INF(except mobile flag part)but when the attacking team gets the flag then they become the defending team.

oh so fun

Maps
*still playing them*

Other Major stuff

The New trick Backfliping (Jets and Backjumping)

Now this trick is when you press the jump and back button and jets together and you do a neat little flip ( although most of the time i press down and left and use the jets to do a backRoll)
very usefull when your in a tight situation but isn't always reliable when your back to a wall! (next version wall jumping?!)

Throwing the Flag
YES FINNALY your probly screaming
I like it as well like for instance your about to die or need to give it to another player... pretty cool and when MM means throw that flag goes

Player Names on Screen Boarders
Now this i liked alot i mean finnaly i can keep track off where your teammates are and if they die (thier name turns red) to bad you don't know thier exact distance!

Chakra` says...
quote:
Quite true. However the names actually 'fade' depending on their distance from you. After a while, you kinda work out almost exactly where they are once you get used to it. As with all things in this new version, the more you get used to it, the more handy it becomes.

Bullet Statistics after you kill someone( or yourself )
this neat little feature shows your distance of shot, airtime, and number of ricochets!!! Now you can see that lucky barret stats after it went about 5 screens over and hit your enemy sniper!( thiers a bug though that when you hit a death ceiling the numbers mess up : O)

Reason who voter when a map or kick vote is made
about time is what most people say : ) and i say it to
thank you MM
( for people who don't know for some reason ) ( but vote kicking is outa control and this will help)

Flamer stick
When someones on fire they die slowly and if anyone touchs them well... they meet the same fate... pretty cool

Favorite Server fuction (add and delete)
Finnaly now its easier to get to your favorite servers!!!

Moded weapon servers ( they have a (WM) to show thier moded )
now when you play on those servers your weapon statistics in the weapons menu (now you can see the statistics for your duel ruger deagles :P)

penalty time in Infiltration and HTF when teams are uneven
YES!!! now points are added every 5 seconds + 2 seconds for every uneven team member(s) finnaly making it alittle fair and forcing people to make it even
andpenalty for capture points in Infiltration when teams are uneven
Awsome again Now when thiers any extra red teammates the red team gets minus 5 points for every extra player and while were on the subject

There are now more options for Htf and INF
Blue_Points_Time (time for blue team to get point in seconds); Red_Points_Capture (amount of points for capture);
HTF_Points_Time (time to get point in seconds)

The new command /info
this displays info from server about address, timelimit, nextmap etc.

and the command "/kill X" (X can be player's number or name) (of course this is an admin command) ( On NOES!!! admin abuse anyone? )

Now ever notice how that annoying guy keeps almost geting voted out but leaves? now if player which is being voted on leaves the game then he gets temporarily banned!!!

No the biggest thing is the
self-bink on auto weapons
- gun becomes innacurate while auto-firing
NOW this is very helpful for those sprayers i mean come on... spraying is cheap
AIM

rambomatch
players can't kill each other if someone is rambo
Now this was the best soultion for those ****s who keept killing you on rambomatch

Weapon balance changes ( almost done... phew )
the shotgun has now more kickback,
and the minigun has less horizontal boost
The LAW has startup time, hold fire for about 0.3 seconds to fire( boo )
now Modified bullet hit damage ratio for head, 5% less damage

No more grenade selfkilling
now your capture points are 20 points now
You can now massacre bodies with the chainsaw
law bug fixed (dropped LAW must be reloaded)but its still buged.

and thats about it if i missed something post or pm me

Elemental
August 6, 2005, 12:53 am
Mm..the list MM made is fine..but go ahead :/

Aquarius
August 6, 2005, 1:00 am
The list MM made is not a review.

Kirby_106
August 6, 2005, 1:05 am
pwn'd

Elemental
August 6, 2005, 1:09 am
It reviewed what was done in the new version, and that's enough of a review.
And thanks for that enlightening post Kirby.

_Mancer_
August 6, 2005, 2:19 am
And ruger feels nerfed.. Aside from reload thing. I dont care about the reload.. it just kills in 3-4 hits how UP CLOSE..

solohan50
August 6, 2005, 2:21 am
well....can someone please tell me why they can fix all these glitches but barrets still shoot me through walls?

crazymonkey
August 6, 2005, 2:33 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_And ruger feels nerfed.. Aside from reload thing. I dont care about the reload.. it just kills in 3-4 hits how UP CLOSE..

It's minor compared to what happened to the other weapons..

temp
August 6, 2005, 4:16 am
cuz then the barret would have to be a weak weapon, and not too many noobs will like that ;p

Elemental
August 6, 2005, 4:17 am
Mancer, if you hit the head up close twice, it's a kill..but very up close. Now, far away head shots-3 shots :/

N1nj@
August 6, 2005, 4:26 am
If you hit on the head, its two shots kill, no matter where you are at. But of course, the farther you are, the harder is to aim at the head.

But I believe 2 chest shots is also a kill. Just leg shots require 3 shots to kill.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 4:29 am
No more self nading, Saw more alwsome. Fewer mini surfers and most of all....... Temporary no hackers!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!! but hope it will be permenantly no hackers..

Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 5:37 pm
quote:Player Names on Screen Boarders
Now this i liked alot i mean finnaly i can keep track off where your teammates are and if they die (thier name turns red) to bad you don't know thier distance!

Quite true. However the names actually 'fade' depending on their distance from you. After a while, you kinda work out almost exactly where they are once you get used to it. As with all things in this new version, the more you get used to it, the more handy it becomes.

DT
August 6, 2005, 6:47 pm
thanks i'll add that in