( search forums )
The Law
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
D Shadow
August 6, 2005, 2:52 am
Hi Im D $hadow I dont come to the forums alot but alot of you know me in games,well im not really botherd by the bink thing cause I know people could get use to it but about the Law the 0.3 delay is ridiculous I dont use law but come on now wut if a guy that uses eagles comes up rushing at you oh wait let me crounch now oh wait im dead cause I haded to wait 0.3 wow amazing huh so I dont care if you agree with me or not but that gots to be fix or theres going to be 383858 knifers in game and law I believe the Law is a good weapon :).

AerialAssault
August 6, 2005, 3:05 am
USE. COMMAS.

MonkeyHead79
August 6, 2005, 3:07 am
quote:Originally posted by D Shadowabout the Law the 0.3 delay is ridiculous I dont use law but come on now wut if a guy that uses eagles comes up rushing at you oh wait let me crounch now oh wait im dead cause I haded to wait

By the time the shot actually fires off, you may have taken some damage from the guy with deagles, but I doubt he'd be able to gun you down quite so quickly. Nobody's complaining about the minigun taking 0.5 or so seconds to charge up before firing, are they?

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 3:09 am
Well, yes, but the Minigun has always been like that. ;) And of course, that's why you don't hear them complaining about it. That is my opinion, anyway. People are just used to the way the minigun is and they have accepted it.

The LAW may be pretty nerfed, and I'm not too happy with it either, but I'm willing to give it a try. After all, I've only used it against other beta testers and in a European server. Me being from USA, those two aren't a good combination for the LAW. I'm eager to try it on public servers.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 3:17 am
kaz how can u be like that about the law, its really messed up and u know it is. YES i agree with you shadow, the law is impossible to use unless you sit there and camp like a noob. This is how the law is should be used: You switch weapons in midair, touch the ground and shoot. Now with this gay 3 second rule, how are you supposed to kill the efc when hes running away from you o wait you cant because you have to sit there and wait while he gets away

The Geologist
August 6, 2005, 3:21 am
0.3 seconds is hardly enough time for someone to get away. I believe Kaz can be like that because he's open minded enough to actually try getting used to something new instead of moaning about how gay everything is. Maybe time spent practicing would be better used.

VodkaZombie
August 6, 2005, 3:25 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist0.3 seconds is hardly enough time for someone to get away. I believe Kaz can be like that because he's open minded enough to actually try getting used to something new instead of moaning about how gay everything is. Maybe time spent practicing would be better used.

I totally agree with you, thats what I was basically trying to point out to everyone.

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 3:27 am
Aw, BONinja, it's not that bad. It's not 3 seconds, it's only 0.3 seconds. Also, you can fire the LAW like you could in 1.1.5; that is, crawling off a cliff and shooting in mid-air. It's really not that bad if you do like you say and switch in mid air so that you're ready to shoot once you hit the ground.

I think the reason it was nerfed is because it served the same purpose as a knife; it was a one-hit-kill, instantly usable weapon which had longer range but could not be used in mid-air. However, it was reloadable, and not in that much time, either. I believe that it's alright at the moment. The charge-up time was even longer during beta testing, so this is nothing compared to the testing sessions.

I think the LAW requires a different method of use now that it doesn't work as well as an assault weapon unless you learn to time it right subconsciously. A new method shouldn't be that hard to find. Keep-away wouldn't be a bad idea.

solohan50
August 6, 2005, 8:53 am
well, my thoughts on the LAW is that it IS a one shot weapon in anything other than a small server. the reload is simply too long unless you run away from everyone to reload it everytime u shoot. i felt that it was balanced in the last version because of that very reason, one shot, one kill and move on without a secondary weapon (unless you pick up another primary). people keep saying that .3 seconds isn't that long, but considering that average lag in a server is about 100 ms, or .1 seconds, and the fact that unless you're camping, you're running at the enemy and they're running at you, .3 seconds is more than enough time for a deagler to kill you as you crouch to take the shot. even if you have very quick reflex time, with 2 players running full speed, the moment u see him come onto your screen your crouch to shoot and in that .3 seconds, you've either been knifed or pumped full of deagle holes as you sit perfectly still, hoping your LAW will fire.

Captain Ben
August 6, 2005, 9:20 am
Kazuki, I can't wait for another one of your crazy Law movies!

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 12:22 pm
i cant wait to see a mod from captain ben, pirates vs nazis :P

Hitman
August 6, 2005, 1:26 pm
As much as I love this version, I hate the Law's delay. I made a topic about it in the beta forum trying to get it removed, to no avail, however.

Bah.

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 3:31 pm
Solohan, you have very good points that should be considered. However, I just wanted to point out that if I kill someone with my LAW in the Alpha flag-stand of ctf_B2b, my LAW usually reloads by the time I reach the middle of the map. :)

Also, thanks Capt. Ben. :D I might consider making another. It seemed as though many people weren't as excited about the second one as they were for the first one. Go figure, huh? ;)

Felix
August 6, 2005, 4:15 pm
I am a Law user, and until the delay has been put, I use Knife and Soccom, and that's what
all player will do soon, the law is useless now, unless if you are a blind shooter, but
that's kinda rare..

Keron Cyst
August 6, 2005, 5:07 pm
@MonkeyHead79: you don't know how fast an experienced player can kill with D'Eagles. I could care less if this LAW click-wait was realistic or not (even then, shove it into Realistic Mode!). Now I can't prone in mid-air, hold left-click, and blow apart an enemy as soon as I touch the ground :-/ That's spectacular, especially since you have to keep aiming at the target while you're descending (awesome w/ slow motion xD), and they have a chance to kill you more than 50% easily than before now.

I probably would prefer Barret-like bink over this.

TheRelinquished
August 6, 2005, 6:45 pm
Why doesn't everyone just practice with the new feature and get used to the new timing. It's not like a weapon that is as powerful as the LAW should be so simple to use anyway.

"If I can't just rely on the system, then the system isn't good enough."

Who flung poo
August 16, 2005, 11:01 pm
I'm not saying this is why but I believe the reason the LAW was delayed is because MM might want to make it more realistic, and the deagles close range in realistic mode, 1 shot your dead but in non-realistic it take like 2 shots, but I just think MM wants to make this game as realistic as possible, not saying I know that he does but that's what I believe.

(That would be nice if we have just a single deagle like in the first version of Soldat :))

Mielos
August 17, 2005, 12:02 am
Well I hope he didn't do it for that, realism in games suck. And I like the law the way it is now, it's not as powerfull as before but imo it was to powerfull in 1.2.1

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 12:08 am
Well, you people also forget to consider that the lag and netcode in 1.3 is bugged to the point that about 50% of law shots will even register...im rarely killed by it due to the fact ill see a missle nail me and ill just fly 5 ft higher, unharmed.

solohan50
August 17, 2005, 1:18 am
yeah...i lost a 1v1 to exta cuz 3 separate LAW shots didn't kill him (it was on my dedicated server, and avg ping was 33-66). also, it might be just me, but i've found sometimes the LAW seems to jam or take forever to fire (and yes, i've allowed it time to get ready before i crouch and hold the trigger). i've had times where i've held it for 2 seconds and it still won't fire, so i have to sit and switch weapons. the LAW just seems really buggy in general. oh well, i'll just switch to socom.....

mar77a
August 17, 2005, 1:25 am
I have not seen a single LAW shot since 1 week of 1.3 releasee....strange...tho, i still dont se people who use minigun seriously too...

Michal
August 17, 2005, 2:27 am
I use the LAW as my secondary, the added delay is not too much of a problem for me. It took a while to get used to, but I'm pretty much accustomed to it now. I think the LAW was a little overpowered before considering it was instant kill and it had way more range than the knife. Although maybe it should be made so that the LAW can be fired from standing (as long as you are standing still) since the LAW is supposed to be able to fire that way in reality.

AWH_ReApEr
August 17, 2005, 2:45 am
Well, D Shadow, that's one thing I agree with you on.

August 17, 2005, 4:13 pm
Hey, thats odd, didnt BONinja say he quit soldat in the other topic? Oh well, i guess this is a moral to us all: Dont whine for stuff or prepare to get slapped. Maybe Michal got sick of us asking for vehicals and complaining, so he decided to handicap the law.

But rectify it. Just go learn how to predict shots. Watch ur hud. If ppl suddenly start dying, crouch and ready your law.

b00stA
August 17, 2005, 8:28 pm
Topic lock, ACTIVATE!