( search forums )
Am I the only one....?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 3:05 am
Am I like the only one on the forums who is well...Kinda happy about the new update? Seriously, I feel like I'm the only one who isn't (Please refrain from swearing)ing about the changes -_-'

If ya really hate it that much, either stay in 1.2.1 and enjoy the company of bots or quit, I bet you wont be missed that much anyway (pretty much like me, pfft.)

I enjoy the delay with the law, I aim better with it for some reasn :). And the self bink is pretty interesting, little annoying but I think I've gotton used to it now. The added chainsaw distance make me love it more and the extra distance with the spas is nice. True, powering down the socom (eh, what I heard..) is kinda stupid and making the AK slower is well...a bit cheap >_> But I got over it, all the testers did a petty nice job getting the weapons somewhat balanced. It'll most likely get better a week from now.

I truly can't say a whole lot because the game's a little buggy. I think I'm starting to notice Invisible soldiers O_o

Whatever, well I'm looking forward to the final product...

MonkeyHead79
August 6, 2005, 3:08 am
What does everyone mean by "the final product" anyway? Are there any more changes expected in the near future?

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 3:11 am
I believe so...

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 3:15 am
Actually, no, you're not the only one. The majority of the people who have posted about the new version usually say positive things.

It's just that I was hoping the negative replies would tone down a bit this time. I suppose I should be more respectful of their opinions instead of blowing them away. I apologize for that.

Raptor
August 6, 2005, 3:20 am
You are not the only one, I also feel kinda happy :)

TheRelinquished
August 6, 2005, 3:24 am
It's always true that those who are satisfied are quiet. There is nothing wrong, so why say anything about what's right? No news is good news. However, when you piss someone off all they want to do is yak about it. If they're pissed off, they think everyone's pissed off and they should share what is obviously a popular opinion. Those who are satisfied still don't say much though. And those who are actually happy, like yourself and I, tend to speak up against the frustrated ones (outnumbered though we are).

Oh, and Kazuki, don't be so hard on yourself. These people are bashing the new version, and by doing so are bashing Marcinkowski himself, which is presumptuous at the least. They deserve a "negative reply" or two to show them that they are not necessarily the popular vote. I respect your desire to remain cordial to everyone, as well as your ability to see the good in the changes. Glad to see some true mettle in this community.

~TheRelinquished

NavySeal
August 6, 2005, 3:33 am
well as m79 user I usual hate a entire team with autos cus then its nearly impossible for me to get the flag while the team is camping, so yeah I'm quite happy about the update

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 3:39 am
Thanks for the kind words and all, Relinquished. I appreciate it. They are not only bashing Michal, but they are basically insulting the time that we put into the version. I couldn't really care much about that, but the disappointment is still there. I still can't help feeling like I'm helping gang someone by replying to them negatively. It just doesn't feel right. It's like the people who support the new release extremely overpower the ones that don't, and because of that, their opinions don't get heard. Something doesn't seem right about that.

MonkeyHead was really trying to get his opinion out there, and I realized what an ass I was being when he said that he gave up arguing against us because we just kept shooting his points down.

Either way, I'm hoping the tension will die out in a couple of days and some of the people who are unhappy will be willing to give Soldat a second chance.

_Mancer_
August 6, 2005, 3:48 am
my ruger weakened and long reload time.. what a shame.

Spas is so dominant in this version :X

Grunt002
August 6, 2005, 3:51 am
I'm happy with this release..

"If you don't like it, MOD it"

Judge_Man
August 6, 2005, 3:51 am
*is also happy*

I think we'll see more m79 now.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 4:16 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_my ruger weakened and long reload time.. what a shame.

Spas is so dominant in this version :X

That's what I thought ;_; but I've gotten used to Deagles now, semi-similar to ruger (about 2-3 shot kill (with both bullets).

Happy Camper
August 6, 2005, 6:30 am
i can't say enuf how much i LOVE TO DEATH this new version, its not that your the only one that likes it, its just that the (Please refrain from swearing)s who are complaining about it are the ones making all the new threads whining their asses off.

This version is all that i asked for and more, i thank the beta testers A LOT for that, and thank MM for listening, WOW, best version since 1.1.3, really, i think it is.

But i'm gonna stray away from these bords for about a month or so, and then come back when all the jerks arent complaining anymore, i mean damn, all your belly aching is not going to change anything, it happens every new version, so stfu and deal with it.

<3333333333333 much love for MM, and all the beta testers, you have done what i tought impossible.

Cookie.
August 6, 2005, 6:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Happy Camperi can't say enuf how much i LOVE TO DEATH this new version, its not that your the only one that likes it, its just that the (Please refrain from swearing)s who are complaining about it are the ones making all the new threads whining their asses off.

This version is all that i asked for and more, i thank the beta testers A LOT for that, and thank MM for listening, WOW, best version since 1.1.3, really, i think it is.

But i'm gonna stray away from these bords for about a month or so, and then come back when all the jerks arent complaining anymore, i mean damn, all your belly aching is not going to change anything, it happens every new version, so stfu and deal with it.

<3333333333333 much love for MM, and all the beta testers, you have done what i tought impossible.

The 1.1.4 Chainsaw alone was greater than 1.1.3 for the record.

I love this new version as well it just is lovely... Dunno but I think Ill be playing alot more soldat now.

Balance etc! Everythign awesome go away hatas! :P

Famine
August 6, 2005, 6:39 am
Indeed, there will always be people who do not like the newest update. This is the best one of all...that I have played.

Zero72
August 6, 2005, 6:39 am
I overreacted when I learned about the self-bink... I'll still continue to play Soldat, likely whatever happens to it.

Captain Ben
August 6, 2005, 6:48 am
I love it!

KeFear
August 6, 2005, 7:06 am
Well, i can't say i love it, but there are some new changes that i'm happy for. Mainly i'm a server admin so i'm happy to see all the new commands and such, but i'm sad about the so-called "balance".
respect.

Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 7:24 am
For the record, self bink wasn't something us beta testers adjusted to immediately either. There was alot of debate and very very mixed opinions.

Alot of us hated it.
Alot of us liked it.
Alot of us didn't know what to think.

It took us about a week, maybe two, but the further down the line and longer we played it, the more acceptable, and dare I say 'challenging' and interesting it all became.

AerialAssault
August 6, 2005, 11:03 am
i will admit that i have enjoyed what little time ive spent with the new version. but its just my personal opinion that self bink was a bit overdone and that the law shouldve never been nerfed.

m00`
August 6, 2005, 11:44 am
self bink wasn't over done, infact i wish all autos had exactly the same self bink

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 12:09 pm
i love it, i just need to adjust, rudar on big levels, DEs on smaller levels. theres a suggestion for whiners ADJUST

Captain Ben
August 6, 2005, 12:13 pm
Seriously, I was worried about huge changes in this upcoming version, but great work, Michal M and Beta testers! Anyway, don't worry. I remember at the start of 1.2.1, there were hundreds of whiners.