( search forums )
3 good ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Emericaskate
August 6, 2005, 3:49 am
Weapon (or pickup maybe): Proximity mines

Pickup: Weapon Booster (increases strenth of gun, firing rate, reload time, and speed)

New Game Style: Assassin (One person is randomly chosen as the target and another person is randomly chosen to be the assassin. If the assassin kills the target the assassin gets 2 points and the assassin becomes the target and the assassin is randomly chosen again. If the target kills the assassin the target gets 2 points and the target and assassin are both randomly chosen. If a regular person kills an assassin or a target they get 1 point and that position is givin to them. If the assassin or target kills someone they recieve 1 point and nothing happens.) hope that makes since.

Keron Cyst
August 6, 2005, 5:33 pm
Maybe as a power-up the mines would be good but they'd also need to be timed so they explode after a minute or so. The Weapon Booster would render the Berserker obsolete.

Koon
August 8, 2005, 8:50 pm
the mines would make a good secondary weapon.

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 9:32 pm
No, they'd only work as a power-up (if even that). If they were a secondary they'd be abused insanely.

The @venger
August 9, 2005, 1:58 am
1 shot- no reload?

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 2:12 am
Prox mines.... I don't know... it might add some more strategy to the game... Now the assassin mode sounds awesome! I'd love that. Kind of like a juiced up deathmatch... Except juicier than pointmatch.

Kazuki
August 9, 2005, 4:07 am
I agree with Keron. I don't think the last two ideas would work at all, especially because we have a lot of game modes now, and none of them are anything like "BE LE BEST", "PAINT THE WALL", and "WEAR THE UNDERPANTS." What I'm trying to say is that none of them have extremely strict rules and are based off of ideas like your Assassin mode. I'm not being offensive, it's just an honest opinion. :)

Also, like Keron said, the weapon booster would make the Berserker pointless, and it would make you too powerful, as if the Berserker powerup already doesn't. ;)

I do like the mines as a powerup simply because Soldat has had new powerups for a while. However, i'm not sure how they would work.

Keron Cyst
August 9, 2005, 5:22 pm
One sticky grenade that explodes after a minute. Takes over grenade control like Cluster Grenades but you throw the mine only half as far. That'd be perfect for me.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 5:34 pm
Not bad the new game styleis kinda good :D