( search forums )
Self bink = spray...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
-Shady-
August 6, 2005, 4:03 am
I thought self-bink was an attempt at stopping spraying?

Spraying is the predicted shooting with any weapon with the intention of hitting someone before you see them...

Take run for example. You have a better spray with self bink auto then with a steady steyr...

I dont mind it, but i dont understand why self bink had to be implemented...

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 4:08 am
I think it really does prevent spraying. One such example would be ctf_Viet. Many people go trigger-happy (holding it! HAH!) over the hill. The longer they hold the button, the more off-course their bullet goes. Getting hit by one self-binked bullet won't be as critical as getting hit by 4 bullets that were sprayed in a straight line.

-Shady-
August 6, 2005, 4:29 am
i just totally changed my mind about this version...

CHAINSAW IS AWESOME!!!!

ThaD
August 6, 2005, 10:12 am
quote:Originally posted by -Shady-

I dont mind it, but i dont understand why self bink had to be implemented...

to make this game more professional

Zegovia
August 6, 2005, 10:57 am
selfbink= less effective spray....

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 12:17 pm
yeah boogie man rocks again

temp
August 6, 2005, 2:35 pm
self bink really stops noobs from using minigun.

Raptor
August 6, 2005, 4:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by tempself bink really stops noobs from using minigun.

I'm happy about that, they were a pain in the ass...

TheRelinquished
August 6, 2005, 6:48 pm
Um....I don't think the mini has self bink. It just has the built in random shot. Doesn't change. In fact, I can usually compensate for it by flicking the barrel up and down while shooting. Makes it a really powerful weapon ^_^.

Bug
August 9, 2005, 2:06 pm
Selfbink works just fine in my opinion..
For example in Ak bink is so big, that you can't spray, maybe like 5/20 shots may hit a target, after the bink is at maximum..

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 5:27 pm
Shady I totally agree. Self bink is a bad idea, we already had realistic mode. Self bink should not be the default mode of this game. Seems like the beta testers had their own agenda, and couldnt put their biases down for the good of the game.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 9:07 pm
I think self-bink was a good idea, because it stops spraying and makes the auto's more skill-orientated weapons. If a few stray shots hit someone, it's less likely to kill them then a stream of bullets is, it would only kill them if they had very low health. I can't think of a good reason not to have self bink (if you can, please tell me)

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 9:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by TheRelinquishedUm....I don't think the mini has self bink. It just has the built in random shot. Doesn't change. In fact, I can usually compensate for it by flicking the barrel up and down while shooting. Makes it a really powerful weapon ^_^.

Minigun does have selfbink.

VodkaZombie
August 9, 2005, 9:47 pm
Thats why it doesnt fly around as fast as the one in 1.2.

Vijchtidoodah
August 10, 2005, 12:49 am
People keep saying that the self-bink prevents spraying, but, if anything, I've seen it significantly increase spray. Now on maps like maya and viet, people are just standing at the top of hills with either a minimi or an mp5 (which, oddly enough, is more effective) and just obliterating everyone because they don't have to aim.

I never thought I'd be another whiner about the weapon changes, but here it is: I enjoyed the reliability of an accurate weapon much more than the frustration of being unable to hit someone who's standing right in front of you.

Now if I could only find a server that's running the old weapon settings, I'd be happy as pie with the rest of the changes in the new version.

solohan50
August 10, 2005, 1:34 am
well, i'm debating running a server with 1.2.1 weapons, but i dunno if i'd actually get a large response to it.

LazehBoi
August 10, 2005, 1:57 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahPeople keep saying that the self-bink prevents spraying, but, if anything, I've seen it significantly increase spray. Now on maps like maya and viet, people are just standing at the top of hills with either a minimi or an mp5 (which, oddly enough, is more effective) and just obliterating everyone because they don't have to aim.

Some of testers said that due to the lowered damage, spray wasn't a problem any more. For some reason they said the automatics were dominant in groups, and decided to bring in self bink.
Viet and Maya are gross maps anyway.