( search forums )
sugestion about survival mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 4:32 am
Hello ,
First of all i wanna congratulation MM with new version of soldat.

I have been asking a lot of people what they think about the survival mode on soldat 1.3. Some people liked when you die and born again and some people really hate it.

My suggestion is:

To give the option to the players to choose: if the soldiers will born again at the end of the round (like version 1.3), or if they will continue alive, like the old version.
So, giving this options to the players, they could choose the best way to play according their wish.
If it?s not possible, in *MY* opinion it should be like last version (the soldiers don?t born again at the end of the round).

And also, in 1.3 survival mode(if it continues) I suggest not wait them die , just born again without dieing at the end of each round(Well, this is a just little suggestion/details with I think it will better when your are in the middle of playing, because wait the soldiers die sucks)

Thank you,
And sory about my suck english, i hope u can understain ^_^

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 8:26 pm
no one liked this sugestion? :(:(

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 9:30 pm
Hmm. I like this new style of survival. But I don't like that dying...
...why u can't just respawn?

Wilk
August 7, 2005, 11:28 pm
I am a brasilian, and in brazil, we play hard with survival (TM). Look, if the game mode calls "survival", why i must die in the end of round ¬¬? Only for lose the weapon of the oponnent?
If a team are camping in a place, how can I avoid the oponnet of born and goes camp there?
Other question, If I´m playing 2x2 surival and get a conection lost. I rejoin in the server, but died? The admin cannot ress me again.
And finaly, that time when the round ends, five seconds, how we change this? Oo

\o

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:19 am
Well it depends. In game modes like deathmatch and teammatch I don't mind the dying as much. But in certain gameplay modes like realistic/survival ctf, the changes are absolutely awful. The only way you can actually capture is if you keep one or more of the other team's members alive. It's a shame too, this is my only real problem with the new version, it totally neutered RS CTF. I love everything else about 1.3.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 4:40 pm
Now, you can just host survival games with more players, like 8v8. With the changes, it will still go fast, but you will also be able to capture more often. It could easily be the case that both flags are captured, and teammate kills efc while plenty of enemies are still alive, so you can actually cap.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 7:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by TeToHello ,
First of all i wanna congratulation MM with new version of soldat.

I have been asking a lot of people what they think about the survival mode on soldat 1.3. Some people liked when you die and born again and some people really hate it.

My suggestion is:

To give the option to the players to choose: if the soldiers will born again at the end of the round (like version 1.3), or if they will continue alive, like the old version.
So, giving this options to the players, they could choose the best way to play according their wish.
If it?s not possible, in *MY* opinion it should be like last version (the soldiers don?t born again at the end of the round).

And also, in 1.3 survival mode(if it continues) I suggest not wait them die , just born again without dieing at the end of each round(Well, this is a just little suggestion/details with I think it will better when your are in the middle of playing, because wait the soldiers die sucks)

Thank you,
And sory about my suck english, i hope u can understain ^_^

I Agree ;]

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 5:52 pm
Nice sugestion A warrior can choose his faith ;)

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 4:57 am
Instead of making them suicide in RS would it be better to teleport u back, just as it does when you fall off the edge of a map?

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 8:36 pm
Yes but teleport backs don't let you keep your weapons.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 10:31 pm
But its still better to me and other people I asked, then having the suicide thing.

Zegovia
August 11, 2005, 5:03 pm
Its great that they fixed the rejoining and when everyone dies, but i think they shoulda fix it back so everyone stays alive at the same place when a new round goes.... and instead making so that you cant grab the flag when you are invissible in the beginning of the round. that should stop the flagspawning...