( search forums )
a clean slate
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
aprilninety
August 6, 2005, 10:05 am
ok! now that it seems like all the "i quit soldat" threads have died down, it's time to acknowledge the people that have stuck it out here with us!

you that are left and reading this, congratulations! you decided to put up with the subtle weapons changes.

*You get a star!*

btw, a ton of people quit all the time. ;)

and on another clean slate...are all the servers from 1.2.1 holding a protest against the new version or have they just not updated their version of soldat?

i can count the number of 1.3 servers with one hand.

Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 10:40 am
It happens with every release luv...believe me.

Actually that reminds me, back in 1.2.1, Michal 'increased' the damage of AK74 by something like....1 point. He did this purposely as a test, and as an interesting way of mocking people who show their opinions so promptly.

Evidently, the day after 1.2.1, everyone was saying "WTF! AK74 IS TOO POWERFUL!!!" ...when in fact, it already was. The change in damage was so minute that I don't think it actually changed the amount of hits it took to kill someone with an auto.

aprilninety
August 6, 2005, 10:46 am
chakra gets two stars. (**)

:)

and away with it! *wipes the slate clean*

it's just waiting to be filled with more people to download soldat and get used to 1.3's weapons.

AerialAssault
August 6, 2005, 10:55 am
i remember that chak. thought it was funny that there was no real difference between then and previous versions before and yet people started complaining. now, why again did people start complaining about auto users?

Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 11:01 am
Well basically, autos saw too much action in clan wars as they proved overpowering in groups, and could easily dominate semi autos and one shots.

In 1.2.1, we tested balance by mostly deathmatching, so the weapons themselves turned out fairly balanced individually in 1v1 situations.

As you are an auto user, i'm sure 1.2.1 seemed balance to you. Autos are(were) reliable weapons, and in the case of clan wars, equal balance was possible and reasonably fun as you had a choice of 4 auto weapons to choose from.

Back in the days of 1.1.5, balance was much the same, only more limited. Barret proved dominating, with m79 taking a second place, and rugers and DE's just about getting their foot in the door.

Now we're at 1.3, we 'hope' to find a reasonable balance for 'all' weapons.

AerialAssault
August 6, 2005, 11:07 am
well, im not at all an exclusive auto user. i really use all weapons. barrett and spas mostly as of late. but from using an auto to having it used on me i honestly never felt as if they were unfair weapons.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 12:16 pm
OH NO my slate is wiped clean i cant remember 1.2.1 ....wait thats a good thing, away with the auto era welcome the skill era (by skill i meen 10min of practice :P)

AerialAssault
August 6, 2005, 1:10 pm
Taal, soldat has always required practice. there hasnt ever been a gun where you didnt have to spend at least a couple of weeks with it in order to master it. so i wish people would stop saying "soldat requires skill now"

TheRelinquished
August 6, 2005, 6:50 pm
I want two stars....*sniff*

solohan50
August 6, 2005, 9:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultTaal, soldat has always required practice. there hasnt ever been a gun where you didnt have to spend at least a couple of weeks with it in order to master it. so i wish people would stop saying "soldat requires skill now"

thank you! my sentiments exactly.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 9:22 pm
The 1.2.1 Servers are just lazy, once they realize the new version they should come back.

Hoodlum
August 6, 2005, 9:25 pm
I want a cookie not a star.

Your cheap.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 9:29 pm
I LOVE the new release, the weapons are much more balanced and more refined.

VodkaZombie
August 6, 2005, 9:51 pm
I've gone back to check the servers that are still running on 1.2.1 and its plenty.

Hoodlum
August 6, 2005, 9:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieI've gone back to check the servers that are still running on 1.2.1 and its plenty.

Lots of people havn't found out yet. You should go spread the word.

GAMEOVER
August 6, 2005, 10:06 pm
Chakra and beta testers- I think you guys did a fantastic job with 1.3

To ALL of the people complaining- There is a weapon modified option (use it) This is a really good version imo and you have NOT 1 reason to complain set damage rates etc to 1.2.1

My unbiased 2 cents on Primary weapons- I feel all weapons are relatively balanced. You have the 1 hitter quiters aka the barret and m79 which are fine the way they are, super powerful with the slowest reload time. Then theres the autos fast reload time, multiple shots, and the bink will not effect the users who use the auto properly imo it only effects sprayers, people who sit there and just unload clips off the screen where they cant possibly know what their aiming at. There is nothing wrong with the autos. Last but not least we have your so called middle classed weapons aka the deagles, ruger, and spas. I do feel this group got the worst of the balance. The ruger has a slower reload time and power rating I feel the reload time is fine but the power should have been changed to a deffinate 2 hit kill IF we are going to use this new reload time I cant really see the balance in the ruger. You can only kill 1 target with a full clip now while still having a slow reload time just dont add up to me. The deagles were weakend as well a little too much but you can shoot them faster I think these should have been weakend a little more from 1.2.1 but a little stronger then in 1.3. The spas has been improved in just about every way and has got to be the very best modified weapon from 1.2.1 - 1.3 I have no feelings towards it I think its fine the way it is except for the distance I think the buckshot should spread out a little more at the distance its getting now. All of this is only my opinion.

My rating on 1.3 as a whole and everything that has to do with it on a 10 point system-

Beta Testers- 9 out of 10
1.3 features- 10 out of 10
Weapon Balance- 8 out of 10
1.3 all together- 9 out of 10

Top 4 weapon changes needed to be made in the next version in order.

#1:Ruger- Same reload time 2 shot kill based on shots from the waist up.

#2:Spas- Make the buckshot spray more apart over the same distance there for making it less effective in the longer range.

#3:Barret- 1 Shot kill only from the waist up anything below waist deals 80% damage or so.

#4:Deagles- Everything the same except a tad more powerful then in 1.3 but less powerful then 1.2.1

Bug
August 6, 2005, 10:33 pm
Now it's just fine, people just has to get used to it.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 10:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERTop 4 weapon changes needed to be made in the next version in order.

#1:Ruger- Same reload time 2 shot kill based on shots from the waist up.

#2:Spas- Make the buckshot spray more apart over the same distance there for making it less effective in the longer range.

#3:Barret- 1 Shot kill only from the waist up anything below waist deals 80% damage or so.

#4:Deagles- Everything the same except a tad more powerful then in 1.3 but less powerful then 1.2.1

If number 3 was done...Holy crap...The complaining will roll in faster than you can say "Camper!"

GAMEOVER
August 7, 2005, 12:19 am
Well I said that so aim becomes more critical with it ANYONE can sit somewhere and just pop a shot off at someone but if they can put it in a moving target above the waist and not kill them in the foot I think itd be better. What skill in this version does it take to shoot that pos.