( search forums )
Hahahah
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Spike
August 6, 2005, 10:21 am
Yeah. I am really disapointed... First of all I dont even notice the dramatic differences in the weapons that everyone seems to be complaining about. It all seems the same too me... Honestly I am just really disapointed. I am still gonna join a public once a month or whatever I see fit im just really really disapointed. I really dont understand why all the beta testers put such a hype on this version for a (Please refrain from swearing)ty backflip and a king of the hill mode with lousy maps. Oh and all the weapon editing that really doesnt matter(ps sorry for not noticing all the other stuff you implemented because oviously its just not noticeable). Nothing really cool was implemented. But hopefully clan play will be better :p In the end I am disapointed and dont wish for an older version because its all the same in the end.

So dear testers and others :p
Suck it.

mickle89
August 6, 2005, 10:28 am
I like the new version. It requires more skill with the autos and it's a tougher game. And for some reason I am doing better with this version =P.

Spike
August 6, 2005, 10:31 am
Im not saying I wont play this version im saying its nothing special. You guys brought me coal for Christmas!

AerialAssault
August 6, 2005, 10:32 am
am i the only one irked by the overuse of the words "spray" and "skill" in every thread about the new version? something about people saying "it requires more skill" just bothers me, the way it sounds.

Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 10:35 am
Dear Spike,

on behalf of the beta testers, your letter has been acknowledged and reviewed. We thank you for the time you've spent in reviewing our efforts and letting us know of your opinion. We value all perspectives that come from regular players of Soldat, old and new and from across the globe.

We regret to inform you however that after careful analysis of your post, we've come to the belief that you are quite possible being an negative emo-f***tard who has come to premature conclusion after a relatively microscopic amount of time compared to the lengths put towards customising the balance and playing it ourselves.

However we are inclined to give advice towards better understanding of this new incarnation of the game so that you may better appreciate the new differences. Backflip, for instance, is highly useful when used at appropriate moments. It can be used for precision evacuation from trouble and one shot weapons, as well as highly useful for reaching higher locations faster. It is reccomended that all players try to practice moving around with the backflip so as to better come to terms with it's usefulness.

As for the changes in balance, indeed there isn't much noticably different, especially in public play. Autos are still useful to patient users, and other common weapons are still highly usable. I assure you however that your 'clan war experience' will see significant difference, as your choice of preferred weapon will quite likely be open to a larger scope of options now that autos are generally more difficult and the minor tweaks to semi's.

Concerning the new 'King of the Hill' mode, which is actually named and always has been Hold The Flag, it can become quite an intense and fun team-based game with the right people. I myself have already witnessed alot of organised defending and timed-flanking maneuvers in public servers. I do wish you to show more patience towards these new changes, as Soldat 1.3 is only a day old, and thus so is your experience of it.

In conclusion, if you are unsatisfied with any of the changes towards balance, there is infinite scope to be made with making your own modifications. You could perhaps give it to friends and trusted people to determine ultimate balance, and release it to the public and see it play on numerous public servers with the right advertising and respect of the modifications itself.

Yours sincerely,

Official Beta Tester, twat, and Uncle of Michal,

-Chakra Marcinkowski

Spike
August 6, 2005, 10:39 am
This doesnt have to do with spray or skill! it has to do with 1.3 being no different from 1.2 and 1.1 and all that. All the testers do is tweak the guns and everyone complains and they add something small to tame everyone. In the past versions it was secondary weapons and infiltration. AT LEAST INFILTRATION HAD COOLER MAPS! King of the Hill mode would be cool if the maps wernt loopy garbage holes(PS backflip is garbage too how long did it take to think that one up?). OH and since when was realistic mode normal soldat mode? I mean I dont really care at all I dont even notice the difference its just wierd how its shifting from soldat to I dont know CS!!!! OR SOME OTHER REALISTIC LAME ASS SHOOTER. At least make my socom l33t hax like it used to be. But do whatever you like to the (Please refrain from swearing)ing guns it doesnt matter the game plays the same no matter how you change it.

Lets get something new in the next version? something worth the wait ya?

Spike
August 6, 2005, 10:40 am
Dear Chakra
Im glad you and the beta testers worked so hard to implement a backflip and a king of the hill mode that has been suggested oh so many times. Im sure it was really hard. BOO HOO

Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 10:45 am

Have you 'seen' the list of changes?

You're talking an infinite amount of cock there, Spike. Seriously, calm down, take a breather, and try actually playing the game for, lets say, a week.

We didn't impliment backflip or HTF at all. That was all completely Michal's work. A few of the beta testers made some maps to go towards HTF, and we tweaked the backflip so that it didn't propell you half way across the map, but otherwise we had nothing to do with that.

If you really don't like the maps, make some?

Spike
August 6, 2005, 10:48 am
dont tell me to calm down you guys didnt do (Please refrain from swearing) michal did all the work. your weapon tweaking was garbage(not that im not satisfied its just not very different. dont act like you changed it so much)

Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 10:55 am
This ain't about us beta testers getting credit or anything luv... I'll admit we had a great part in the balance, and it isn't 'too far' off from 1.2.1, but surely even you can't deny that theres significant though subtle changes to overall balance?

Dare I ask, what would 'you' have changed? Is all this because you just can't get used to Self Bink yet?

It took all of us about a week, maybe a fortnight to get used to it. It doesn't come overnight to adjust, lemme tell you you that. It requires more focus and attention, patience, and certainly a more precise concentration on aim. Is it a problem that using a weapon requires a little more effort now?

Spike
August 6, 2005, 10:59 am
Im only usin socom right now Chak. And I use all the guns whatever feels nice and self bink is fine I dont even notice it because i usually tap my mouse anyways.
IF you listened to my post it wasnt a (Please refrain from swearing) about self bink at all is that the only thing you can say? Have you run out of other excuses as to why this version is no different from the other released versions. Nice job with the small changes that could have been included over a series of small patches. What you guys did was very insignificant and im DISAPOINTED. I think I stated that many times in my first post in this thread.

Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 11:07 am
O....k.

So, what would you have seen changed?

I'll grant we didn't do much on balance, we merely took 1.2.1 balance and tried to 'correct' it, as we do with every beta.

Other than that, theres the weapons editor, self bink, a new game mode, backflip, fast forwarding in demos, individual gostek for alpha and bravo teams, a favourites list in the lobby, team names at the border of your screen depicting where they are, auto taunts, 3 new maps not including HTF, a throwable flag, bullet stats upon each kill, a 'reason' for voting required, survival mode re-done, changes to balance in infiltration, and a few other things which I honestly can't remember just off the top of my head.

So yeah. No real changes from 1.2.1, eh.

Outcast
August 6, 2005, 11:16 am
Spike you can suck it too. Stop being a prick. You wouldn't have done any better, either with suggestions or by actually programming it yourself. We did a lot of testing and we tried our best, and if you think that's not good enough, tuff luck son, the world doesn't revolve around you.

m00`
August 6, 2005, 11:17 am
spike you cant expect much changed, tell me exactly what u want changed, soldat will always be soldat, you cant change the game play, you sound like the new version would've been better off with vehicles or better graphic

btw spike, when michal adds somthing new to soldat, it doesnt instantly work perfectly, this kind of stuff takes time

lastpatriot
August 6, 2005, 12:17 pm
Spike, you [IMAGE]got, are you not aware of how much work beta-testers do?

I once beta-tested for an MMORPG(it was a small one), and several small single-player games my friends made, and I don't think you have the slightest idea of the difficulty of the job.

You have to clock hours and hours of gameplay, nitpick every little problem, and make suggestions that will MAKE IT BETTER! Among other things. Do you not see how many new things they have added? Sure, they're not massive updates, but they help, all of them.

So, in conclusion: Suck it. Queer.

TheRelinquished
August 6, 2005, 6:51 pm
<Chakra3

N1nj@
August 6, 2005, 7:00 pm
Hi Spike! It's me!

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 7:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spikedont tell me to calm down you guys didnt do (Please refrain from swearing) michal did all the work. your weapon tweaking was garbage(not that im not satisfied its just not very different. dont act like you changed it so much)

... How about you shut the f*ck up, not play Soldat if you don't like it so much, and keep your whaa-ing inside; because as far as I'm concerned, I'm not taking anything you say into account if you're going to have that sh*t attitude. We don't know what you're thinking and what you want, and we're not here to please you and only you, so we're not going to do your work.

If you want to go to Michal with all your "LETS PUT IN VEHICLEZ" and "OMG 4 MORE NEW WEAPONS!! AND 2 MORE AFTER THAT!!" then go right ahead, but I can assure you it won't sound like anything more than pure bullsh*t.

Before it was new weapons and gamemodes because Michal was setting the basics for Soldat. Now that those basics are set, don't expect much more than some cool, small features. I don't even see why we should work on the weapon balance anymore. If all you guys are going to do is b*tch and moan about new versions, just take the road, because we don't really care. Maybe if you were to propose a better way to do things, we'd listen to, but "OMFG YOU GUYS SUCK!" ain't going to work.

_Mancer_
August 6, 2005, 7:43 pm
But HTF mode is so much fun with 5v5 and up..

reckon
August 6, 2005, 7:48 pm
I dont see why people cant grasp the concept thats its basically a brand new game.
Things change people, deal with it.
I myself, am having trouble with the new weaps.
Im just so used to the old aug, but given time things will appear the same as they used to be.

Happy Camper
August 6, 2005, 7:53 pm
i'm just gonna say this once.

OMGWTFBBQROFLMAOLOL

Spike
August 6, 2005, 7:57 pm
listen im just tired of hearing all these testers talk about all the changes they made when its really not that different. to the guy who wrote about the mmorpg test... what your doing is way more complex. with soldat they are just editing minor things about the weps and in the end who has the final say`.. the testers or michal

so please get off your high horses and the next time your given the privledge to test make some real changes.

the things added in this version are nice maybe somewhat helpful. i will be glad if it changes clan/team gameplay but in my opinion this is the worst update ever. lol

and chak you dont really want to hear any suggestions you just want to cut down what a nobody has to say.

i feel michal did his job in expanding on the game... but the testers didnt do anything. lol im just gonna say it you guys got realistic with normal mixed up and hardly changed the specs on the guns. backflip is nothing special and whatever bugs you had in the process im sure michal knew about. hes not retarded he could have probly done this version himself.

MonkeyHead79
August 6, 2005, 7:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spikelisten im just tired of hearing all these testers talk about all the changes they made when its really not that different. to the guy who wrote about the mmorpg test... what your doing is way more complex. with soldat they are just editing minor things about the weps and in the end who has the final say`.. the testers or michal

so please get off your high horses and the next time your given the privledge to test make some real changes.

the things added in this version are nice maybe somewhat helpful. i will be glad if it changes clan/team gameplay but in my opinion this is the worst update ever. lol

and chak you dont really want to hear any suggestions you just want to cut down what a nobody has to say.

i feel michal did his job in expanding on the game

Okay, even after all my (Please refrain from swearing)ing about the binking, you're emanating an amazing concentration of "retard" to me.

quote:Originally posted by Spikeyou guys got realistic with normal mixed up
If anything, I agree with this part.

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 8:59 pm
Spike, baby ... The testers tested. We don't add anything to a game. We make suggestions. Michal adds whatever he feels he should add. If Michal did his job, in your opinion, then we did ours, because that's what we're there for. To test, not to change.

The basic reason we added bink, I think, is because teams of autos easily overpowered everything else. We decided to do something against that. We weren't about to lower the rate of fire drastically or give them all huge reload times. We should have just left them alone and let the auto-gangers dominate, maybe?

Spike
August 6, 2005, 9:22 pm
what about the deagle users. its the easiest of the 2 shots the arc usually helps you in most situations and makes it easier for head shots. you have a 7 bullet clip and the reload aint to bad. (Please refrain from swearing) dont be surprised if even more people start using them. if you guys are going to nerf guns you have to realize just about everything will need a nerf.

im really surprised none of the testers thought of pitching out some more strategic maps for the hold the flag mode. im glad that was implemented but im just really surprised it wasn't taken as far as it couldve gone.

this version has nothing wrong with it. but it feels flawed and for all the great stuff i heard about it got me excited. after playing it, none of the changes really made the game feel like it was improved and im disapointed. this game is slowly turning into a more realistic cs style side scroller. if you guys wanted to take the route then at least make it feel more worked out. there still is no real strategy involved whoever has the high ground wins and then theres aim well duh. the backflip is cool but i think there should have been more movement options added.
overall i am just disapointed with the product you guys game up with and this isnt another omfg you changed the game too much i cant shoot i quit post. this is a what are you guys doing with the game post... i dunno ill still play i just feel that something more could have been done. maybe im just underestimating what kind of power/say you guys have toward the new versions coming out.

The Geologist
August 6, 2005, 9:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spikelisten im just tired of hearing all these testers talk about all the changes they made when its really not that different.

And I'm tired of hearing ungrateful people whine after palying the game for two days. What a coincidence.

quote:so please get off your high horses and the next time your given the privledge to test make some real changes.

"get off your high horses"? Do you even know the meaning of the word hypocrite?

quote:and chak you dont really want to hear any suggestions you just want to cut down what a nobody has to say.

At least you realize you're a nobody ^_^ And don't talk about Chak like that...he listens plenty. It's just hard to listen to someone when they're crying like a baby without their binky. Instead of holding your ground you're just getting insulting, so...don't expect to be well recieved.

In short, I'm curious what you hoped to accomplish by telling the testers and others to "suck it". You're not blind, you've seen all the other topics about "omg I'm quitting soldat" and "worst update evarrr"...did you think your complaints were any more significant or noteworthy? Certainly not. Stepping up to call out Chak and other testers is just rude and unnecessary, especially after the work they did to release this version to you. Yes, the work they did, as much as you fail to see or achknowledge it. Don't act as though you were trying to raise serious points when all you did was insult, bash, and complain.

Disenchanted whiney children can find their own way out.

Edit: This post was written roughly the same time as the post above mine, in which you say this is a topic regarding what happened to the game instead of another whining/I quite topic. Please - if you expect us to believe that then learn to put something more intelligent than "suck it" in your topic. All that does is make you look like this

Bug
August 6, 2005, 9:51 pm
I'm never disappointed about new version, I just play it and get used to it so on. I like 1.3. And just as I have said on other threads, I'm sure that Barret has been changed to the old style (1.1.2-1.1.5), no doubt!

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 10:39 pm
I love this period of a new release where everyone flames the beta testers and they just flame back.

A fortnight and everything will be back to normal. :)

Hoodlum
August 6, 2005, 10:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyI love this period of a new release where everyone flames the beta testers and they just flame back.

A fortnight and everything will be back to normal. :)
Yeah I find it hilarious watching there replies.

Bug
August 6, 2005, 10:44 pm
Yep, I like it aswell, watching the replies of uber whiners. :)
I find it just as fun as this to watch some guys' ideas for making soldat better, which are stupid in my opinion, but everyone has their own opinion, no can do.

-Claw-
August 6, 2005, 10:54 pm
Well, its always the same... afer 1-2 months, it is just like it was a week ago... :D

Outcast
August 6, 2005, 11:01 pm
Lmao, spike you ungratefull whore, when will you realise that you have no idea and that you need to take your medication. Last post from me, pointless to loose time on this.

Spike
August 6, 2005, 11:17 pm
bahahhahahah :P
yeah i know there really is no point in posting here because its always a flame war :P but thats whats fun too haha.

August 6, 2005, 11:45 pm
quote:im really surprised none of the testers thought of pitching out some more strategic maps for the hold the flag mode. im glad that was implemented but im just really surprised it wasn't taken as far as it couldve gone.
I take this as a personal insult. You gimp.

Happy Camper
August 7, 2005, 12:13 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist[br
At least you realize you're a nobody ^_^

Do you have ANY idea who he is? i guess not, so i won't tell you, haha

The Geologist
August 7, 2005, 12:28 am
sigh...

I wish people could catch sarcasm on here.

Edit: If it wasn't obvious enough for you, I use the ^_^ face to help those who otherwise wouldn't catch the fact that I'm joking (at least about that portion of the post, mind you).

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 3:15 am
Spike they did nerf all the guns that needed to be nerfed. The deagles now take about 3 shots close-medium range and rougly 4 shots at any range farther than that.

GAMEOVER
August 7, 2005, 4:21 am
wtf was my reply deleted to this for?

TIR_Blade
August 8, 2005, 11:23 pm
Spike ownz u all leave him alone...but as for this topic...Spike and chakra shoulda just used MSN :p

Kazuki
August 9, 2005, 1:15 am
I dunno. All of a sudden he seems to think he's too good for Soldat. Kinda loses respect in my perspective.

Marbire
August 9, 2005, 2:33 am
What the fucck? Is that Spike? Not the Spike I used to know. Chill the fucck out man. If you don't like it stop playing. You shoouldn't be playing anyway, you "quit" soldat a couple months ago, remember?

To the beta testers: As some of you know, I have been playing this game longer than I can remember. I've seen new versions come and go.... and it wasn't a strange thing to see everyone b!tch and whine about the new versions after playing it a couple days. Hell, I probably whined a few times too. But with this new version, I've played it a couple days, and I think it was a GOOD update, and I think the testers did a great job with the balance. Killing takes more skill now, like the old days. The only thing I havent liked is the LAW seems worthless with that delay, and spas and HK may be a TAD stronger than other weapons. But the difference is negligable. I am happy and satisfied with this new version. I didn't want a billion new features, or a new game...... I wanted a more quality game. Good Job.

Peace

DNA.styx
August 9, 2005, 8:34 am
(on that note...lock)