( search forums )
HTF discussion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 2:22 pm
I haven't found any topic about HTF so here it is -))

I like the new mod a lot, in my opinion it requires even more teamwork than CTF and uh, I'll have to have an extra taunt file for HTF.. great job -))

The only thing I dislike are spawnpoints.. or should I say spawnzones? The point is, that after picking the flag, defending team has the best chances near or within it's spawnzone.. maybe it's a premature statement, but it seems to me that on lot of maps the Aplha team has it's spawnzones positioned much better ( eg. Desert, Void.. ) which gives them great advantage -//

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 2:37 pm
While the thing about the spawn points is true, the maps are very small, allowing very quick access, and the "bases" aren't very fortified, so it shouldn't be hard to get to the flagger. That's my opinion anyway. We didn't have any problems while playing during the beta.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 2:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiWhile the thing about the spawn points is true, the maps are very small, allowing very quick access, and the "bases" aren't very fortified, so it shouldn't be hard to get to the flagger. That's my opinion anyway. We didn't have any problems while playing during the beta.

I actually found really hard getting into red 'base' through 4 minimi + barret defenders ( Desert map ) but I guess it was because the rest of 'my' team seemingly didn't get the point of HTF.. they run wildly accros the map searching for I don't know what, trying to hunt down some enemies -)

I hope there will be more HTF servers, so that people can learn to protect the flag and stop confusing HTF with TDM -o

Kazuki
August 6, 2005, 3:17 pm
Haha, yeah, in htf_Desert, it's hard to get to the flagger when they hide in their base with all their lackeys protecting them. Though like you said, it should improve over time.

TheRelinquished
August 6, 2005, 6:33 pm
I actually enjoyed myself immemsely on this format. Normally I'm strictly a CTF player, and I'll usually only deviate for the occaisonal DM. But this combined an element of INF with CTF concepts that I can't help but love. Cut down the flagger, take his flag, and then you're the gingerbread man.

Good job 2.3 team. ^_^

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:10 pm
i like htf thats so great :)

Hoodlum
August 6, 2005, 8:42 pm
HTF is awesome.

I had a great game of HTF with a bunch of friends yesterday.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 9:02 pm
yea...the htf mode very nice,i have playing yesterday with my friends 5 vs 5 we threw the flag each other every 5 seconds that was so funny we were loughing all the game when the other team sceamed thats not fair thats not fair:):):)