( search forums )
Real mode in 1.3
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 3:35 pm

I must say, us beta testers didn't check for real mode balance much. Sorry about that.

See, theres these factors that take place...

1. No one in the beta team has ever really played real mode more than once or twice in their life. I myself, am an ex-real mode player. I made the jump (reluctantly) to normal mode when realmode died out back in 1.1.5

2. The real-mode side of Soldat is mostly un-used, so we don't particularly care all that much.

3. Configuring a balance for normal 'and' real mode would not only extend our testing-time significantly, it'd technically be impossible. They both use the same weapons.ini file, so if you make one right for normal mode, it'll be 'unright' for real mode, and vice versa.

So, real mode players. Sorry about that.

But, all is not lost.

I propose that those seriously involved and devoted to real mode (I know you're out there somewhere) need to get together and get organised, and make a weapon balance specifically for real mode with the new weapons editor.

Granted, you can't change things like recoil, but I think it'd be cool if you established a better balance for real mode, especially as it's generally neglected by us beta testers and the community. Become more active, show yourselves, and let everyone know who hosts a real mode server to use a better configured balance (once you've worked out what that is).

The @venger
August 6, 2005, 3:40 pm
waaaaah, i cant seem to play online in the new version, so i cant even whine about the bad real mode in the new version :'(

TheRelinquished
August 6, 2005, 6:30 pm
Wow. That is sad.

And then the shaft came crashing down on them...

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 6:49 pm
Well thanks for caring. Im a devoted RS mode player and its pretty much all I play if there are any server up, especially Evo's Revolution.

reckon
August 6, 2005, 7:08 pm
I often play in Evo's RS and Ive yet to play in there since the release of the new version, so my critism will have to wait.

Leo
August 6, 2005, 8:13 pm
Well, I have changed back to the 1.2.1 weapons.ini for my server. This looks more balanced for real mode playing. Maybe I must sit down and thing some more changes to weapons but I am afraid I am gonna make things worst :)

Bug
August 6, 2005, 9:56 pm
Leo your kd is bad! :>
I have been playing on several realistic servers and I think there is a decent balance with weapons, no need to complain, thank you beta testers, you've done a good work with the balance on both mods, realistic and non-realistic.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 11:29 pm
Thanks for caring, I'm a pretty devoted RS player and it's good to know that you care about that small community that actually plays it. Unfortunately I haven't played RS yet with this version so I can't comment on the "inbalance" yet.

Chakra`
August 7, 2005, 12:22 am
To be honest i'm suprised theres still a devoted real-mode community out there. I thought all you guys died off ages ago then I see you all coming back now 1.3's out.

KeFear
August 7, 2005, 12:29 am
Well, yes. Realistic become the bash-pit of soldat since 1.2, at least that's what i saw.. in 1.1.5 i remember it was real fun, i played almost only realistic mode, and it beat normal with miles. But after 1.2 and it's "fancy new things to realistic", the fun was over for me. :,( And i see realistic is "not supported" anymore, soldat isn't even tested for it. Then why shouldn't we bring back the good 'ol times of 1.1.5 realistic? would be fun i think. (i'm talking about fall damage, and visibility settings mainly)

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 4:08 am
There are a lot of realistic fans out...
and I don't think its that bad, just have to get used to it...

FliesLikeABrick
August 7, 2005, 8:12 pm
i think leo had the best idea to remedy it, to use the weapons121.ini on his server. it is a good work-around to bring the properish balance back to real mod

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 8:15 pm
Yes there still are alot of Realistic players, so I hope were not being abondond in 1.3

mar77a
August 7, 2005, 8:39 pm
Well, i play regularly in Evo RS server and Evo Revolutionary, but im still waiting for it to make the change to 1.3 :(

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 8:52 pm
Me too, it better come soon.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 9:43 pm
IM realistic playing player ! I was , I'm and I will be...
The new balance is lil....confuzing coz I must adapt...
U need more skills so it's good for experienced players.
But It's shame that beta-testers didn't noticed REAL mode and leaved it as it is...[abadonded]
Thats really sad...