( search forums )
CS weapon mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
papasurf31
August 6, 2005, 7:51 pm
Here it is. I completely tweaked all the guns in 1.3 to reflect weapons in CS. I've tested all of them rather extensively to make sure they are as balanced as I can make them at the moment. I need some people to download this ini and just test whether or not it's fun, whether it's balanced, etc. I included a slightly modified version of my soldat Source mod in the Download, to add to the "ambience" of the mod. I want to make it as true to form as possible.

If you want to see what the mod looks like:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=23144

List of changes:
1: Nighthawks 50c - 2 hits kill, fires even faster then before, and the bullets move faster and straighter (this applies to all guns). Still a pwnage short to medium range weapon, and can now even go long, but with less effectiveness. Still 7 shots, but since you can fire faster, you might find your self reloading more too :o Be careful...

Keep moving with this gun, ass moving accuracy is still pretty good.
Great for aerial assaults from up high. try proning in mid-air to make yourself a smaller target.

2: K&M Sub-machine Gun - 6 hits kill, fires a devastating 900 rpm. It self binks like mad though, and at longer ranges, it's harder to hit stuff. It's easy to control and if you can keep your stream of fire on em long enough, they'll go down quick. But if you miss too much, the other guns will tear you apart. Firing in bursts is vital if you want to survive.

You want to fire this gun from the air if you can, and moving doesn't affect it too much. But don't fire while crouched, it destroys accuracy.

3: CV-47 - 3 shots kill, a much improved 600 rpm. It self bink's after about 2 shots so be careful with your spray. Only 30 shots now, but the fast bullet and great accuracy make up for the loss in ammo. Also, it reloads much quicker too.

This is a ground weapon, best used if stationary, and is versatile for any range, but really shines in long range fights. Best fired while crouching, as standing up makes shots go too high.

4: M4A1 - 4 shots kill, and has an rpm even higher than the CV. The bullets are faster too, almost AWP speed. This a bit more specialized, as it's not as accurate as the ak, but doesn't shoot as fast as the smg. for medium range fights, this is great. The self bink is weak for a rifle, but it's still better to fire in 4-6 shot bursts.

Highly effective aginst aerial opponents. Like the mp5, avoid shooting while crouched, but try to stay stationary if you can afford it, as this gun gets unstable when moving.

5: Leone 12Guage Super - At clsoe range, this is a 1 shot kill. At medium, a good headshot might do the same thing. Ihe range of this gun is much improved, and it fires faster too. It's been improved to a 8 shell gun, so use that extra one wisely. It's still not effective in long ranges though, so it's best to avoid those conflicts.

The bullets are slow for these new weapons, but still much faster than the the old ones. This is great for hitting falling enemies right when thy're about to land. The bug is stil there, so don't shoot while reloading!

6: Schmidt Scout - 2 hits kill, 1 if it's a headshot :o 10 bullet clip now, but reloads slower and fires slower too. For a good sniper who can consistently hit heads, this gun can be deadly, especially since it's bullet is lighting fast. It's loses a bit of touch in the air or while running, but's still good. Great to fire from any position. No scope though.

Within a certain range though, this gun won't be able to hit anything. , as the bullet appears *behind* your target. But for those instances, just pull out a Socom and spam away. THere's slight bink though, so try not to get hit.

7: CM-94 - Okay, I didn't really know what to do with this one, so here goes: Reloads faster, and now has a 2 shot clip so you can make that quick follow-up attack. Perfect accuracy no matter what you're doing, but the bullet still fires the same way. Great with a Socom, so you can finish off any close misses.

8: Magnum Sniper Rifle - this gun fires 1 shot every 1.5 seconds, and still has a 10 round clip. It's still a 1 hit kill, but there's about a 10% chance you might live if the shot is long enough, or it ricochets first. And, it still binks more than al teh other guns combined :) This gun can not be fired accurately while doing anything except staying perfectly still, or right at the peak of your jump when you are as stationary as possible. Take a shot quickly and get the hell out of there, covering yoru back with some secondary fire if you can. Remember, you scope farther while prone, and also make yourself a smaller target.

9: D3/AU-1 - It's an autosniper. 2 hit kills, sometimes 3. 20 shot magazine, full auto. It fires with a low rpm, but you can still hold down the trigger. Is great for any range, but doesn't excel in any particular area. it auto binks after a while, and is really innacurate while moving. But, it can still be a dangerous weapon in the hands of samaster.

0: ES M249 Para - This is a machine gun, not a minigun, so there's no more start-up time, and it reloads much faster. It fires a nice 600 rpm, and the 100 round magazine means you can shoot for a long time. But, it's still inaccurate as hell, and is bad for anything except close range and support fire, which it does both quite nicely. Great to keep someone pinned down, or to soften em up for a teamate. You can surf though :) This gun can be fired anywhere, cause it's inaccurate no mattrer what you do, and self binks after about 20 rounds. But since alll you need to do is pray, that really hardly matters :)

10: K&M .45 Tactical - This gun is nice, now it's fully semiauto, so it fires as fast as you can click. 12 shots, and 4 hit kills make it very appealing, but don't try to replace a primary with this, not a good idea. Reasonably accurate for a handgun, and is pretty good while moving too.

Try it out:
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/store/CS-WeaponryV1.rar

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:45 pm
You only included one weapon set, right? I'm gonna test...

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 6, 2005, 8:50 pm
you forgot to add the socom replacement picture in the mod :o

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:55 pm
[IMAGE] - Save it as "10" under Interface-gfx/Guns.

EDIT: PS31, you have to rename the config to "weapons.ini", not "weapons121.ini".

papasurf31
August 6, 2005, 9:04 pm
Crap, which one did I inclue with the mod? Does it say weapons121.ini? if it does, then it's the wrong one :o

EDIT: I did include the wrong one :P

Here, paste this into the weapons.ini file:
// :: Weapon mod : CS:Source

[Info]
Name=Counterstrike
Version=1

[USSOCOM]
Damage=190
FireInterval=1
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=65
Speed=300
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-25
MovementAcc=2

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=230
FireInterval=15
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=100
Speed=276
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-45
MovementAcc=3

[HK MP5]
Damage=60
FireInterval=4
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=135
Speed=469
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-40
MovementAcc=3

[Ak-74]
Damage=146
FireInterval=7
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=105
Speed=466
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-75
MovementAcc=4

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=80
FireInterval=6
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=125
Speed=575
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-50
MovementAcc=5

[Spas-12]
Damage=100
FireInterval=30
Ammo=8
ReloadTime=175
Speed=250
BulletStyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=4

[Ruger 77]
Damage=252
FireInterval=40
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=145
Speed=560
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=18
MovementAcc=6

[M79]
Damage=165000
FireInterval=120
Ammo=2
ReloadTime=180
Speed=110
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=0
Bink=25
MovementAcc=1

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=300
FireInterval=90
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=250
Speed=600
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=80
MovementAcc=10

[FN Minimi]
Damage=148
FireInterval=20
Ammo=20
ReloadTime=200
Speed=520
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-65
MovementAcc=7

[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=85
FireInterval=4
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=200
Speed=290
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-10
MovementAcc=1

[Flamer]
Damage=1200
FireInterval=6
Ammo=200
ReloadTime=5
Speed=105
BulletStyle=5
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Rambo Bow]
Damage=1200
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=25
Speed=210
BulletStyle=7
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Flamed Arrows]
Damage=800
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=39
Speed=180
BulletStyle=8
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Combat Knife]
Damage=215000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=60
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Chainsaw]
Damage=2100
FireInterval=4
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=65
Speed=70
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[M72 LAW]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=30
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=540
Speed=230
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Punch]
Damage=33000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=50
BulletStyle=6
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Grenade]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=80
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=20
Speed=50
BulletStyle=2
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Stationary Gun]
Damage=180
FireInterval=10
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=366
Speed=360
BulletStyle=14
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 9:11 pm
No, no, no, I don't think you can have the information at the top. Read this - hope it helps.

N1nj@
August 7, 2005, 12:47 am
Yes you can, stop misleading people.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 3:36 am
when i click on the d/l link it comes up with a bunch of code stuff...plz fix i want to d/l!

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 3:41 am
It's a .RAR. You need to right-click, save-as for .RARs.