( search forums )
Need a simple patch badly
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
GAMEOVER
August 6, 2005, 8:20 pm
I was wondering if MM can list an update to allow you to pick any key combo to throw the flag. My throw the flag is also my jump and crouch and ive already tossed quite a few flags away trying to evade and gain better ground on my target. People tell me to change the controls but I cant/dont want to I have my perfect key combo for everything. This isnt a whine or a complaint its more like asking MM if he could plz upload a patch for people to download that will allow us to change the throw flag control.

b00stA
August 6, 2005, 8:22 pm
Ermmm, changing your controls right now would result in the same "problem": They're always your crouch and jump key.

(moved to Game Improvements)

GAMEOVER
August 6, 2005, 8:25 pm
So no matter what controls I chose throw the flag would ALWAYS be my crouch and jump controls, is that what your trying to say?

b00stA
August 6, 2005, 10:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERSo no matter what controls I chose throw the flag would ALWAYS be my crouch and jump controls, is that what your trying to say?

Yes, that's how it's done right now.

Just a question, to what key/combination would you change it, if Michal changed it?

KeFear
August 6, 2005, 10:20 pm
Imho it would be best if i could choose a key to throw the flag, like a key to throw the weapon. There are lot of keys unused while playing soldat (except while using taunts), so i think this wouldn't be a problem. Of course, accidents could happen with that, but at least i could set it to a key far away from my usual-playing keys, like "L", which is never used. Flag-throwing is not so often, so if i want to throw, i could press it anytime without any problem (i wouldn't want to throw it when enemy is near anyway, so i wouldn't be confused that much.) And not to mention that i would selfkill without this function to throw it away, so that is more dangerous when enemy is around.

So to be short: add a new key for throwing flag.

GAMEOVER
August 7, 2005, 12:29 am
Well my control layout is as follows-

Keyboard:(left pink on left shift, ring finger on A, middle finger on S, pointer finger on D, thumb on space bar)

CapsLock- Prone
A- Crouch
S- Left
D- Right
Q- Nades
F- Reload
T- Talk
Y- Team talk
Space- Jump
Left Shift- Change weapon

Mouse: (left pointer on left click middle finger on wheel ring finger on right click)

Left click- Fire
Web wheel- throw weapon
Right click- Jets

quote:Just a question, to what key/combination would you change it, if Michal changed it?

If given the option to pick a 2 key combo to throw flag id pick probably Left Shift + A which is switch weapon and crouch.

Koon
August 8, 2005, 9:34 pm
quote:Well my control layout is as follows-

Keyboard:(left pink on left shift, ring finger on A, middle finger on S, pointer finger on D, thumb on space bar)

CapsLock- Prone
A- Crouch
S- Left
D- Right
Q- Nades
F- Reload
T- Talk
Y- Team talk
Space- Jump
Left Shift- Change weapon

Mouse: (left pointer on left click middle finger on wheel ring finger on right click)

Left click- Fire
Web wheel- throw weapon
Right click- Jets
No offense, but that is the most screwed up configuration i've ever seen in my life.

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 11:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVER... ive already tossed quite a few flags away trying to evade and gain better ground on my target....
How could you push crouch and jump simultaneously just to try to dodge? Maybe you should revert your configurations back to default where your middle finger has to be used for both keys and you can't really push 'em simultaneously unless you're sure you're discarding the flag.

On a sidenote, why does the flag fly so far away when you discard it? I think it should just fall off a bit quickly in the direction you were facing, like a loose flag that has had a rocket pass by.