( search forums )
Law and secondary
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Wilk
August 6, 2005, 10:03 pm
Well well, law now is as dangerous as chainsaw \o/

I would like Michal get back the law of soldat 1.2.1 and would change the chaisaw for other secondary. A bow with low damage as socom would cool \o/.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 10:05 pm
i agree

Bug
August 6, 2005, 10:06 pm
Nononoo, law shall never go back to the old one, it's like this because of the weapon balance. And a bow as socom would ruin the classics. And now, chainsaw is something I would call cool, since it's now possible to make massacre with chainsaw, and it has a longer range. Shoo Wilk, shame on you. :)

Bug
August 6, 2005, 10:06 pm
I do not agree.

Hoodlum
August 6, 2005, 10:07 pm
The law just has a start-up time like the minigun but its still just as deadly. The saw is just as affective as knife now which is much better but it also takes skill to kill someone with saw.

DT
August 6, 2005, 10:07 pm
if you want you can make a weapons mod and take off the delay for the law... then play offline or host...

Bug
August 6, 2005, 10:21 pm
DT's right, you don't have to change the whole game if just you want to change a weapon, you can make weapons just as you please on your server, put steyr fire m79 -bullets and damage 9000000, that's uber fun(it's not).

kevith
August 6, 2005, 10:35 pm
I just have to say that I think it's funny to hear people talk about the "classic" characteristic of the chainsaw as a weapon. *waxes nostalgic about the pre-knife/saw/law days*

Bug
August 6, 2005, 10:37 pm
Just several hours ago in a clan match, I used ak/chainsaw, and I got 11/24 kills with chainsaw, I like it in 1.3. I have to admit. Btw, this is a stupid question, but why can't I see my avatar? First I saw it and now I can't.

Hitman
August 7, 2005, 2:56 am
quote:and would change the chaisaw for other secondary. A bow with low damage as socom would cool \o/.Get rid of the chainsaw? Are you crazy?

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 3:04 am
A weakened bow as a secondary would be awesome! Archery gamemode :P

Maninhow
August 7, 2005, 7:57 pm
wow.. never enough. =)

b00stA
August 7, 2005, 8:04 pm
(moved to Game Improvements/Suggestions)

Surprisingly, suggestions belong here.

Raptor
August 7, 2005, 8:43 pm
NO! The chainsaw should never be changed by other weapon...

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 8:44 pm
The LAW is definatly not "just as deadly" as it used to be... sure a direct hit will still kill you, but that .3 sec or whatever it takes to set up is time that you have to spend sitting there trying to guess where your target is going to be when it fires, and whoever youre aiming at probably isnt going to oblige you by standing still. Or not fire at you.

NavySeal
August 7, 2005, 9:10 pm
learn to aim at him while he moves, I used to use law but think I'm gonna change to knife, cus 0.3 sec is a deathtime for some weapons.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 9:29 pm
Finaly the law-campers are totaly dead...

Wilk
August 7, 2005, 11:18 pm
Ok ok, chaisaw continues...

But the law, it is as play with lag that delay, you must "imagine" the position of the player 3 seconds after Xx. Put it in realistc mode so. Same thing for barret and other weapons then your aim get worst while you run. OMG, put this in realistic mode XXXx

N1nj@
August 7, 2005, 11:26 pm
OMG, please stfu XXXx

You don't have to "imagine" the position if you play in a not laggy server, no one told you to join a server with 500+ ping.

The barret's aim get worst while you run is because it's not meant to be an assualt weapon, it's a 1 shot kill sniper weapon afterall, obviously you need to be steady to have a accurate aim.

Wilk
August 7, 2005, 11:37 pm
No dude, if you are playing in a good server, you must imagine the position of the player due the delay Uu, the player willnot keep stop waiting you hold the fire buton.

If you respawn with a player, and he are with a knife, you die Xx

And the delay hasnt prejudicated the law campers, they will continue, but now, will wait to fire. But who know use law well was prejudicated. The time you need to fire, its the time the oponnent need to hide Xx

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 12:40 am
if the law has a start up time shouldnt it have lockon or you can fire without crouching and proning

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 12:56 am
Homing will never become implemented - count on that.

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 2:40 am
The last time I counted the LAW's delay was ~3/4s of a second...

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 10:59 am
well i think i twould be cool if we have a bigger pool of weapons to set as secondary (that means in game you can select between 4 secondary sets by the admin)

another thingy i like would be a feature to design the weapon menu yourself

how to explain :/ we have 10+4 selectable weapons, free the order of it just a little example:

A modded weapen-menu could look like this:
[code]
1 <weapon> <--+ Here can be placed EVERY weapon,
2 <weapon> <---| (that means also secondarys, maybe also bonuses, or the bow(s))
3 <weapon> <----| They can be set to every postion you like.
4 <weapon> <-----|
5 <weapon> :
7 <weapon> .
8 <weapon>
9 <weapon>
10 <weapon>

'1' <weapon> <--+ For Secondarys you can set also normaly primaries,
'2' <weapon> <---| and every Bonus, Special...
'3' <weapon> : It should be also possibly
'4' <weapon> . to add a weapon what is allready primary
[/code]

Maybe i should post this as a new idia but instead banning a weapon i think we should do somethinkg like that.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 7:42 pm
I agree

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 9:36 pm
@silentpark: you want to spawn with power-ups and/or two Primary weapons? And what's wrong with getting used to the current weapon menu design? I don't think your idea's worth the extra programming time...

Wilk
August 9, 2005, 12:55 am
This delay in law i didnot understand the reason... Would be better remove it from game...

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 8:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst@silentpark: you want to spawn with power-ups and/or two Primary weapons? And what's wrong with getting used to the current weapon menu design? I don't think your idea's worth the extra programming time...

its more the idia of an advantage usage for weapon mods...
you can 'power down' primary so its secondary so why we cant say it should become to the secondary? (there some other points i can't make to usefull sentences ^^)

hmm i don't think its senseless time of extra programming... its more (one of) the next steps for a modable soldat...

and i think its better to custumize weapon menu then banning a great weapon...

maybe i should open at this point a new discussion for this suggestions... it goes a bit to strange off topic... (tomorow ok? :P)

Zegovia
August 11, 2005, 12:06 am
I like the law as it is, you have a better chance against em now, and the new chainsaw gives further reason to fear Boogie man...

If a new secondary where to be added, i would suggest Sawn of shotgun....

firebolt145
August 11, 2005, 5:46 am
A bow is already in the game -> rambomatch. It shouldn't be implemented in usual games.

I find it impossible to use LAW, with or without the need to hold the fire button. But I think that's just because I suck at it, so I have no comment there.

The chainsaw is awesome. It should NOT be removed, but honestly, I think that chainsaws should be an immediate kill if it touches someone. It's a melee weapon compared to the rest of the weapons, which is a disadvantage. Therefore, we should make an advantage by making it a one-touch kill weapon.

Wilk
August 12, 2005, 2:09 am
When MM put a delay in m79, you will understand me Xx

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 4:07 am
sorry that it took a while for me to reply, but...
you used to have about the same chance (or better) against a LAW as you did a barretta, now you have a much better chance, especially since the barretta seems to be uncanningly accurate, despite all the bink its supposed to have.
Second, you havent gotten rid of any LAW campers, you've only garunteed that any one using a LAW is one.
And third, I agree. the new chainsaw is awesome

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 6:07 am
I don't think that you have to guess where the player will be in .3 seconds. Just aim and start holding down the fire button, and while you're waiting for the LAW to fire, keep adjusting your crosshair to keep the shot accurate. It seems to work for me (although I don't use the LAW that much). And I never camp with a LAW. When I spawn, I switch to LAW, let the load bar (or whatever) dissapear and then switch back to primary and run off to war. When I need to use the LAW, I switch and crouch and fire. Although it means I will have less health left (assuming I survived), the delay really doesn't seem that long to me.