( search forums )
"Wrong map version detected"
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Hoodlum
August 6, 2005, 10:37 pm
This is happening frequently on maps like b2b and kampf. I try to reconnect and it says "Could not download file". Why is this happening? It never happened with 1.2.1.. ;Q

Alot of the time it works but sometimes it doesn't and it gets really annoying.

VodkaZombie
August 7, 2005, 2:59 am
I'm getting the same problem, sad.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 4:24 am
Yeah, I'm getting a WMV every time the map changes or when I join a server. Doesn't matter which host, it's the same everywhere.

Hoodlum
August 7, 2005, 8:31 pm
Well its good that I am not the only one getting this problem but it def needs to be fixed.

Leo
August 7, 2005, 9:31 pm
My server is screwed up from this bug. Nobody can join :(

hock3y
August 8, 2005, 1:32 am
This keeps happening to me too people are quitting my server because of it

Hoodlum
August 8, 2005, 2:30 pm
Argh this is something that is for Michal to fix.

Michal Marcinkowski
August 8, 2005, 4:44 pm
I'll look into it. But it doesn't happen on all servers?
Are you sure you installed the whole new server with maps? And for the players - did you use the patch or the full 1.3 install?

Hoodlum
August 8, 2005, 4:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI'll look into it. But it doesn't happen on all servers?
Are you sure you installed the whole new server with maps? And for the players - did you use the patch or the full 1.3 install?
I just downloaded the 1.3 zip not the patch and its not the new maps its basically the old ones and yes it happens on basically every server I go to when they switch maps I usually get kicked out saying "wrong map version detected" and sometimes it says "could not download" so I would have to close soldat and re-open it just to get back into any server.

FliesLikeABrick
August 8, 2005, 5:34 pm
i wouldnt be surprised if some people extracted the new server over their old installation and didnt overwrite the old maps, like b2b and kampf in which dibo had fixed some poly bugs. Any admins reading this thread should make sure that they updated the default maps, a good number of them had small poly changes made

Snowden
August 8, 2005, 5:35 pm
In a similar problem, on jad's server Ownage CTF with some custom maps it says "Map not found" and that's it, no downloading or anything...never happened in previous versions

Leo
August 8, 2005, 7:53 pm
I have overwrited the default maps and the "wrong map version" error fixed. However this doesn't fix the "Map not found" error in custom maps.

Hoodlum
August 8, 2005, 11:51 pm
So what do I do to fix this problem? Does anyone know?

Michal Marcinkowski
August 9, 2005, 12:09 pm
It probably happens when you join a server with old map versions, you download them and rewrite the new ones. Then when you join a server that has disabled map downloading and has new maps you can't play. A solution for this is to install the maps again. That's all I can think of now.

KeFear
August 9, 2005, 1:06 pm
Well, i ran into this problem with my local soldatserver. i run it from my soldat dir, start soldatserver.exe, run soldat, then sometimes i want to join, it says wrong map version, deletes my map and then can't download (ofcourse, there is nothing to download since it deleted the "wrong version" wich the server is runing currently...)

well, it happened in 1.2.1 quite a lot.

Leo
August 9, 2005, 3:00 pm
Michal, server was uploading the custom maps fine before the update. Server is working fine for a while and then suddenly it just stops sending the maps to the players. Since it's working for a while and then not it must be some kind of bug.

Hoodlum
August 9, 2005, 3:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiIt probably happens when you join a server with old map versions, you download them and rewrite the new ones. Then when you join a server that has disabled map downloading and has new maps you can't play. A solution for this is to install the maps again. That's all I can think of now.
Do you think if I just redownloaded 1.2.1 then downloaded the 1.3 patch it would work?

Michal Marcinkowski
August 9, 2005, 7:15 pm
Just applying the patch might help.
The map download problems are a different issue, which I'm working on.

Hoodlum
August 9, 2005, 7:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiJust applying the patch might help.
The map download problems are a different issue, which I'm working on.
Alright awesome.

Thanks alot.