( search forums )
Option to disable back-flip?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
nav
August 6, 2005, 10:55 pm
I'm slowly getting used to new things in 1.3 and I think I'm gonna like it a lot after all,but one thing really bugs me - the back-flip.
It consumes a lot of precious shooting-time when,for example,I try to run away with flag and shoot at pursuers.Those few tenths of second in which I can't hit pursuers body,could be lethal to me :It either should be possible to disable it or to change the way its invoked.(It also might be useful to have chance to change the droping flag buttons).
Anybody agrees?Any chance to get some patch that will make this happen?

Bug
August 6, 2005, 10:56 pm
Hey, this is a good idea! :) For those who REALLY don't like backflip but anyway, I find it useful sometimes, especially when escaping with flag from enemy base and climbing up a hill.

Bug
August 6, 2005, 10:57 pm
More post tomorrow, good night! :)

AerialAssault
August 6, 2005, 10:59 pm
i agree that there should be a way to configure what button to use to throw the flag. by the way, this post should be in the "suggestions" area on the forum.

nav
August 6, 2005, 11:00 pm
Oh,I just reallize it would fit better in other section,where the change of buttons for droping flag is already menitoned.Sorry about that.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 11:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by navI'm slowly getting used to new things in 1.3 and I think I'm gonna like it a lot after all,but one thing really bugs me - the back-flip.

theres is a back flip sorry I donwloaded it today...

crazymonkey
August 7, 2005, 12:43 am
I threw the flag accidently twice in critical times(not to mention I pissed off some people on my team). I agree on the configurable throw the flag option, and ability to disable backflip(which messes up knifing at times).

TheRelinquished
August 7, 2005, 1:25 am
Yeah, I had a couple instances when I couldn't run away with a flag while shooting thanks to the new backflip manuever. Mind you that I've had lots of saves from that little trick, but for a CTF player like myself, there's a lot of give and take in this feature.

b00stA
August 7, 2005, 8:10 pm
(moved to Game Improvements)

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 9:33 pm
Hmm, as a choosable buttons. I agree.
Backflip : on\off. I agree.

Zero72
August 7, 2005, 10:28 pm
Seconded.

I find the backflip completely useless, and actually far more annoying than anything else.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 10:42 pm
Well, if you set Punch to LAW rockets, doing a backflip and shooting won't cause you to explode. Other than that, I agree with Zero.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 1:16 am
You have my support on this

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 2:01 am
i use it heaps, hah they never see a backflip comeing :P but yeah it should be an option

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 3:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Zero72... I find the backflip completely useless, and actually far more annoying than anything else.

Ha. I laugh at your inability to use it to pick up a heck of a lot of height with hardly any jet loss. *laughs*

I didn't get the full effect I wanted... :-\

Kazuki
August 8, 2005, 6:38 am
I guess it wouldn't hurt to be able to turn it on and off, because it's apparently "your loss" if you turn it off.

The part that bothers me is that soon enough the option and configuration pages will be filled with options, which is a bad thing in my eyes.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 6:44 am
yeah game should try to remain simple

UGK
August 8, 2005, 6:50 am
quote:Originally posted by navI'm slowly getting used to new things in 1.3 and I think I'm gonna like it a lot after all,but one thing really bugs me - the back-flip.
It consumes a lot of precious shooting-time when,for example,I try to run away with flag and shoot at pursuers.Those few tenths of second in which I can't hit pursuers body,could be lethal to me :It either should be possible to disable it or to change the way its invoked.(It also might be useful to have chance to change the droping flag buttons).
Anybody agrees?Any chance to get some patch that will make this happen?

Dude thats one of the best things on soldat. Y would u want to disable it?=/ (n00b?)

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 10:34 am
hmm i think the backflip doesn't make to the poor target who can't shoot and kill his bad bad enemy...

it's a great way to dogde bullets, knives etc. and to escape

but the option to disable it i think is good (but not because you are a better target in this 'tenths of seconds')

m00`
August 8, 2005, 11:19 am
you should leave michal alone and stop suggesting options, i think he has a lot more on his mind right now thanks to all the brain dead noobs that are still playing 1.2.1 and all the noobs whining about the weapon balance, and not to mention some of the bugs that have shown up after 1.3 was released

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 11:20 am
backflip is good idea in soldat in my mind...

i am ahab
August 8, 2005, 12:34 pm
why not just be able to configure it to a seperate key?

that way those precious moments you loose cause u can't govern jumping, running and using your jets at the same time wont be lost my busty blonde vixen.

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 4:36 pm
I wouldn't like it as a separate key; I'm already too busy with all the other functions :-P Just roll & jet away instead of jump...

nav
August 8, 2005, 4:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiI guess it wouldn't hurt to be able to turn it on and off, because it's apparently "your loss" if you turn it off.

The part that bothers me is that soon enough the option and configuration pages will be filled with options, which is a bad thing in my eyes.

1)I'd prefer not to switch it off too,but change its invocation instead because I find it cool and realize it can be usefull.And I guess most agree with me.
2)Its important to keep the playing itself sipmle - Configuration of keys you use to move is something you do once per version,so possibility to change such important feature(which the way you move in action game definitely is) is not bringing the game down for sure.
We don't want to configure the hand which soldier uses to light cigar,but something what affects you gameplay :]

nav
August 8, 2005, 4:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`you should leave michal alone and stop suggesting options, i think he has a lot more on his mind right now thanks to all the brain dead noobs that are still playing 1.2.1 and all the noobs whining about the weapon balance, and not to mention some of the bugs that have shown up after 1.3 was released

I believe time after release is best for collecting ideas to new version.MM will surely know when its time to end expansion and start consolidation :)
I hope that you note really didn't intend to blame 1.3 in this thread.
I also think implementing this feature is simple and I beleive it will make many ppl happy.

Now that thinking about Soldat makes me want to play a bit... :)

The @venger
August 8, 2005, 5:32 pm
get used to it so u wont do the mistakes that cost u your life...

FragBait
August 8, 2005, 5:33 pm
Backflip is annoying when escaping with enemy flag. You can not really run backwards because that would mean a combination of running and using your jet. A seperate key would be a bit wierd I think. Perhaps just change the key combination, so that if you press the fly button twice fast you do a backflip.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 7:50 pm
Good idea!
Agreed!!!

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 9:34 pm
I could get used to FragBait's method, but I still like the simplicity of the current state. I don't see why you can't just roll backwards and jet instead of jump (or jump while facing forwards just for a little bit).

Kazuki
August 9, 2005, 4:00 am
I think what I like most about the backflip is the fact that it actually reduces M79-jumping, an aspect we've never really been able to reduce without completely getting rid of. That's my opinion, anyway.