( search forums )
Poll: Weapon Edit
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 11:23 pm
Weapon edit (mod) is now popularized in Soldat 1.3.
Is that a good thing? Cast your vote here..

a) Of course it's good! It extends the game age as gameplay are now more customized. Fun!

b) I think it's okay. It won't matter much..

c) I don't know and I don't care.

d) Kind of lame when everybody messes it around. Let's see..

e) This is absolutely terrible. It may be fun for first few days, then it won't turn completely hideous and boring, because it's just like using hacks.

m00`
August 6, 2005, 11:28 pm
d) Kind of lame when everybody messes it around. Let's see..

all i have seen so far is auto's that shoot rockets and shotguns that blow you out of the map and m79's that shoot 5 bullets at once

no one is being creative... or trying to fix the current balance since they keep whining

Aquarius
August 6, 2005, 11:45 pm
a.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 11:45 pm
b) I think it's okay. It won't matter much..

because im a modder and I thing its great but you need test it first... nobody wants a mod that USSOCOM kills you with 1 shot...

_Mancer_
August 6, 2005, 11:48 pm
a/b

Pixofied
August 6, 2005, 11:56 pm
A.

I'm sure someone will come up with a new and interesting complete mod.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 1:10 am
kinda b

Captain Ben
August 7, 2005, 1:16 am
A, in terms of modding, you can basically make your M1, or your 5 shot sniper rifle.

Hoodlum
August 7, 2005, 1:17 am
b.

MonkeyHead79
August 7, 2005, 1:25 am
D. I can see this being abused way beyond the realm of good taste.

papasurf31
August 7, 2005, 1:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenA, in terms of modding, you can basically make your M1, or your 5 shot sniper rifle.

Raptor
August 7, 2005, 8:29 pm
D.

FliesLikeABrick
August 7, 2005, 8:33 pm
a

mar77a
August 7, 2005, 8:36 pm
d. 1/4 Servers are (WM) and not "balanced"...

Psyker
August 7, 2005, 8:41 pm
c

KeFear
August 7, 2005, 9:14 pm
d,

it is fun playing around with setting those kind of weapons but after a few rounds it becomes boring.
I hope there will be real mods with sane settings.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 9:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFeard,

it is fun playing around with setting those kind of weapons but after a few rounds it becomes boring.

d :)

NavySeal
August 7, 2005, 9:21 pm
a/b

People are just playing around in the start, it will end or maybe not.

lastpatriot
August 7, 2005, 9:27 pm
B

I was in a server with a knife shooting USSOCOM. It got old after a while.

Swebonny
August 7, 2005, 9:33 pm
a/b as most of the ppl. Some time unbalanced

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 9:39 pm

a) Of course it's good! It extends the game age as gameplay are now more customized. Fun!
A think it is the saviour of soldat.
With this ruger reload, and reduced dmg (I think)

or else I would quit :/

lastpatriot
August 7, 2005, 10:02 pm
It can be fun though

Zamorak? You're a Runescape player?(I WAS, don't lynch me)

nazikilla
August 8, 2005, 1:42 am
a) i made a weapon mod that made the game quite different, while retaining a good balance between all the weapons and not being an instanst kill type mod. most of the people on my server agreed that i had a good balance

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 1:49 am
im a and d, you just have to look at the examples. half the servers are now totally scred and WM but then there are the proper mods, like Force match, or DFA, this is what MM put weapon modding for

nazikilla
August 8, 2005, 2:53 am
ever so often i'm on with a private server called "low lag, good balance" my weapon balance is pretty good, not perfect but pretty good

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 2:58 am
d

Happy Camper
August 8, 2005, 3:01 am
i love you Gheystudbooyyyy

T-Money
August 8, 2005, 3:03 am
d/ it's being abused horribly. As m00' said, people are just making auto-rocket launchers and 200-shot barrets etc etc...nobody is actually trying to make anything balanced or realistic. Maybe when the yung'uns settle down and decide to cut the crap it'll be more fun, but until that time I'm staying out of [WM] servers.

Hoodlum
August 8, 2005, 3:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Happy Camperi love you Gheystudbooyyyy
I think you should switch clans now. You little emo model.

Happy Camper
August 8, 2005, 3:23 am
hahaha, i eat emo pansies for breakfast!

hock3y
August 8, 2005, 3:32 am
I've modded the weapons in my server to be a little bit different, maybe more ammo, a bit more power, etc. They aren't over the top like 200 ammo for m79 or a mp5 with 1000% increase in power. Plus, nobody minds them being a little bit stronger, since its a zombie match =p.

Michal
August 8, 2005, 3:33 am
A)

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 3:41 am
d/e

UGK
August 8, 2005, 4:51 am
OF coruse A. Thats the first time i actually felt like a real soldat hacker while shooting knifves out of a Socom and M79 shoots like a machine gun. Good, good , times. TY michal

Elephant_Hunter
August 8, 2005, 6:38 am
I love the weapons... I'm tickled by my new power.

Like UGK said, this is makes me feel almost like I'm cheating. It's a very good incentive for the very few hackers out there to move to modding. They can play god with gods alike on (WM) servers, become fire demons, and even fly with a few well thought-out modifications.

If we can do this, how much farther can we go? What is Soldat's next big step?

A+++

- Elephant Hunter

UGK
August 8, 2005, 6:48 am
Right on wierd looking guy

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 9:11 am
b.

its fun and all but it WILL get boring after a while..

Bug
August 8, 2005, 9:35 am
E. Ah well, I hate WM servers where there are barrets with bulletspeed 1000000000, bullet goes through any polygon. This is just my opinion, but I don't like weaponmods. It may be fun for first try, but lately it'll show up boring.

vash763
August 8, 2005, 5:39 pm
b

i hope someone creats a complete mod now that they can

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 6:54 pm
A.)

There are limitles possibilities. for instance, for my world war two mod i can now make a flak 88 out of the stat gun. All I have to do is make some new ingame weaps, and an interface pic, edit the stats and bang! I got a slow firing one hit kill flak 88!

If you ask me, this is one of the best things to happen to soldat. You can expect a new complete weapons mod from me soon ;)

Da cHeeSeMaN
August 8, 2005, 7:19 pm
i think after everyone get bored of the 100 ammo m79 it will be very good

Elephant_Hunter
August 8, 2005, 7:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by UGKRight on wierd looking guy

I totally don't know how to respond to that, UGK. Guess it's nice to know that I look different... 0.o

On topic, I would understand better if everyone submitting a poll vote would also give some reasoning. Just (A) or (D) won't show me any insight, but a good explaination will help the community understand and potentially affect future releases.

Koon
August 8, 2005, 9:23 pm
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 9:42 pm
You look fine at least you dont look like u have to black eyes from lack of sleep.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 11:48 pm
B

Its fun to use extreme weapons somtimes and make ww2 etc mods but it does get pointless and boring when you get the super extreme weapons that kill everything in a blink of an eye.

nazikilla
August 9, 2005, 12:47 am
right now the super weapons are pretty fun, but the balanced mods will come out top in the end, by the way, many halo mods were made, i would like to see one remade with correct ammo, power, ect.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 1:00 am
d.!!!!!??? its weird 5 shot m79,rocket launchers get a life ppl

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 2:14 am
A.

My only problem with it is the inevitable abuse by the masses of idiots who think "HAY LOOK I MADE THE MINIMI SHOOT GRENADES LOL" is the equivalent of a balanced, creative, complete weapons mod.

toadsMoke
August 9, 2005, 2:56 am
d
lame.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 5:27 am
Will be awsome when people get rocket machines guns out of their heads. People who dont like 1.3 can still play 1.2.1 thanks to a mod, it owns!

rabidhamster
August 9, 2005, 5:51 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFeard,

let's just all agree with this.

EDIT: no hard feelings michal!

forget what i said, A! this is the next level of modding!

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 5:02 pm
Now im thinking d because every (WM) server ive been in is freakin lagy, with 1000 pings all around and the host doesn't seem to care.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 5:28 pm
d.

Mielos
August 18, 2005, 6:04 pm
e. There barely are any creative people that make an amusing mod, and neither do they realise that if they try their sucky wm on a server that also hosts diffrent games, these other games will lag because of the wm

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:19 pm
I give it a B.

It has great potential, and I enjoy the 1.2.1 WM servers. As for all the silly idiots who go off making DEs shoot rockets and stuff... It's as easy as keeping out of the server.

_Mancer_
August 18, 2005, 7:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by T-Money...nobody is actually trying to make anything balanced or realistic.

WHAT FUN IS THAT? I wouldnt want to play where the guns were realistic or more balanced, thats what all the other servers are for!

f-ck no! I want to shoot knives out of miniguns! I want to have 900 bullets for AK! I want the socom to shoot 10 rocket missles! Thats what the weapons mod is for! People like you are the ones who always want to win and not have a good time.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:34 pm
I personally prefer to play normal servers, non-realistic.

But weapon-mod is a great way to make super-powerful weapons that other people might prefer to play with. It's like the ultra-renegades mod on Tribes. Makes things more fun for some people, and doesn't impact the other people. So sure, it's a great idea.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 9:31 pm

dude
August 19, 2005, 3:30 am
see)

TheRelinquished
August 19, 2005, 6:35 am
I'll probably have to go with B as my best answer. It has some really cool potential, but it probably won't really dominate my gameplay, nor do I think that I fancy the idea over regular style of play in the first place. It's just another feature to me.

paramud
August 19, 2005, 6:40 am
A.
Its fun to mess with it and great for mods.
Found a glitch that causes the rocket launcher to make you fly around more than the mini.

Aegis
August 19, 2005, 10:45 am
A
The greatest part is the potential for fully functional mods. I look forward to more powerful settings in the future. Like it says in the default weapons.ini, this is only one of the first version of the weapon editor and it will be even better in the future.
I've personally been toying with the idea of running a full time dedicated server for the ever popular Modern Weapons mod.
Michal's done an excellent job of adding moddability with the last few versions.

Zegovia
August 19, 2005, 10:58 am
B with a kind and gentle flavour of D....

candiru
August 19, 2005, 4:05 pm
Ima gonna say B!!! YEEE HAW!!!!! but.... like in all seriousness, its ruining my skills. :/

CrapBomba
August 19, 2005, 6:15 pm
E I'm tired of auto-fire LAW missles coming from a frikin barret >:O

August 19, 2005, 6:21 pm
Then you sir, do not like mods. This is a good opportunity to test the possibilities. Thats why i have a law firing barret with a startup time and a mine layer, along with my patented physcannon and rapid fire AK-74. I also have an accelerator that actually makes the game interesting, and large clip deagles that are limited to how fast you can click. 30 bullets and a mouse, keep firing.

Minimi is a carpet bomber/rain of death. Ruger fires grenades at high speed in order to provide long range artillery blind fire.

SPARTAN_III
August 19, 2005, 6:35 pm
a.

i'm not an idiot who makes flamebow-miniguns, i'm more tactical and balanced. my only overpowered weap is a socom,which kills in one hit after 3 seconds charge.

August 19, 2005, 6:53 pm
All i did was simply nerf everything to a level where people can actually have fun playing it at the same time as it being completely balanced. The rocket launching barret is a good weap, bu insanely binky. Mine layer? good for strategies but useless against people. The m79 is deadly if you fire it too many times.

Deagles are good, but how fast can you click and concentrate at the same time? The physcannon is nice, but it wont protect you. As far as I know, the AK-74 has low damage but fires relatively fast.

In Spartan's case, he completely destroyed the barret, turning it into a scout rifle. It must do at least some damage. Maybe it could be a virus rifle that deals slow damage, using a flame bullet.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 6:58 pm
A

yeah is great! just brings some fun!

crazymonkey
August 19, 2005, 7:46 pm
Between A and B. Currently making a mod myself.