( search forums )
Problem with Soldat 1.3.0
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 3:22 am
Hello, I just downloaded and installed Soldat 1.3.0

Everything was fine until: the screen went all black!
When I start my game the screen becomes black, but the sound is still there.

Anyone know what to do about this?

I'd be glad to get some help here :)
/Hannes

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 4:38 am
Update DirectX to version 9.0c, Update your video card drivers to the latest version, Reinstall Soldat, and, Restart, in any order.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 8:35 pm
furi that ez reinstal the soldat and no more ...
when u get the soldat.ini "NEW" of the last instalation copy it and take with another name "helpsoldat" for example and still using it then the screen put black .. that happened to me too
cya

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 12:24 pm

Okay... that's exactly what I feared I'd have to do.

I mailed Michal too, and I guess he'll give me the same answer now that the two of you have spoken clear language about the same answer.

Thank you for the help, guys!

Btw, will I be able to save my old downloaded maps? (will they be deleted during the uninstallation?)

/Hannes

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 1:43 pm
Can abybody tell me how can I switch off the film-effect when I kill somebody?

i am ahab
August 8, 2005, 2:22 pm
no they won't, but back them up by copying the folder to a location other than the directory you use for soldat dude.

backup backup! hut!

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 2:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by i am ahabno they won't, but back them up by copying the folder to a location other than the directory you use for soldat dude.

backup backup! hut!

What should I back up? Soldat folder??

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 4:38 pm
Maps, Textures, Scenery, and whatever else you feel is important.

FliesLikeABrick
August 8, 2005, 5:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by logrusCan abybody tell me how can I switch off the film-effect when I kill somebody?

This is a feature called "bullet-time" that was introduced in soldat 1.2.0.

If you are playing online/on someone else's server, only the admin has access to the option for this.

If this is your server or you are playing alone/with bots, the setting can be changed in soldat.ini. Change Bullet_time=1 to Bullet_time=0 and save the file

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 2:00 am
quote:Originally posted by i am ahabno they won't, but back them up by copying the folder to a location other than the directory you use for soldat dude.

backup backup! hut!

hahaha, yeah Roger That, well i meant other than that way! ;D but heya, thanks anyway duuude!

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 2:13 am
quote:Originally posted by logrusCan abybody tell me how can I switch off the film-effect when I kill somebody?

And NO, the topic do not say Problems with Soldat 1.3.0

it said Problem with Soldat 1.3.0, the problem that I asked about.

I would like that an admin deletes replies about the topic other than this, (or) move them to the own topic that I created, called "Problems with Soldat 1.3.0?".

I'd be thankful for such a deed, /hannes

Me123
August 9, 2005, 4:49 am
EDIT: Nevermind, I reinstalled Soldat and its fixed.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 6:51 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickquote:Originally posted by logrusCan abybody tell me how can I switch off the film-effect when I kill somebody?

This is a feature called "bullet-time" that was introduced in soldat 1.2.0.

If you are playing online/on someone else's server, only the admin has access to the option for this.

If this is your server or you are playing alone/with bots, the setting can be changed in soldat.ini. Change Bullet_time=1 to Bullet_time=0 and save the file

Oh! Thank you very much! :)I didn't know it was called so