( search forums )
Maps, and how they screw up my Server.
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 10:37 pm
Hello there, just a few questions regarding servers here.

~~I'm running soldat dedicated server~~

1) I have maps on my server that are either made by me, or are downloaded from other places. However, when the server goes to one of those maps, it kicks everyone for not having the map. My question is, how do i make it so that they can download them?

2) Is there any way (mod, coding, etc) that I can make it so that only certain people can go on certain teams?

3) Is there any guaranteed way that can lower my server ping?

4) Links with #3, is there a way that I can set it so that people with 'X'ammount of ping or higher are auto booted?

and the final and bigest question.

I'm running soldat dedicated server (one that opens like a normal soldat screen, only in windows mode, then when you start game you get input and chat etc). I would like to give administrator privilages to other people. So I downloaded SoldatAdmin to see if I could get it working. However, that is about as far as I got. Now, I'm not very good with the lingo or whatnot, but could somone pm, or post a reply here step by step of what to do? I would me very apprecaitive.

Thanks for reading this, hoping to recieve your timely response,
Strike

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 10:54 pm
2 and 4 might be possible with some of the powerful admin programs around at the moment. This list has a section of links to third party server applications: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=17028&whichpage=1

I recommend Advanced Remote Soldat Server Enchanter by KeFear because KeFear is active and updating the program a lot at the moment. If you can't find any programs that supply the features you need, you could always post and request they add the function for you.

Denacke
August 7, 2005, 11:42 pm
As to your biggest question:
If you are using this dedicated server: Try downloading SARJ or ARSSE (they are more advanced than the default soldat admin).

To connect to your server from your own network or PC:
Find out your computers IP by doing this: "Start -> Run -> "cmd" -> "ipconfig". There should be a line which states your IP. Fill this in at the appropriate field in your favourite admin program, along with your server port (23073 by default) and adminpassword

To let others connect from the internet:
You'll have to find out your internet IP. There are several ways to do this, here is one: http://www.whatismyip.com/
Let them fill in this IP and the server port along with the adminpassword in SARJ or ARSSE. They should be able to admin your server from that program.

Extra:
You are able to become admin in game too. Do this by using this comma,nd: /adminlog <adminpassword>

ps: This adminpassword is specified at soldat.ini at the line: "Admin_Password=yourpass"

Check the soldat.ini for question 1 & 4.
There should be a line:
1. "Allow_Download=1" - This will make map downloading possible. People will still get kicked, but when reconnecting to your server, they will download the map from your server. You should also open this port when using a router or firewall: soldat server port + 10 (TCP)
This would be port 23083 as default. Soldat will use this port to download the maps from your server

4. "Max_Ping=1000" - This line will make people with a ping higher than 1000 get kicked from the server. Change the value to whatever you wish to get people with a ping above your wanted number kicked.

2. This is impossible at the moment. (unless perhaps with scripting abilities of SARJ/ARSSE)

3. You could try fiddling around with certain options in your soldat.ini, though I myself am unsure what they all do. Making sure no bandwith extensive programs are running should help too. And don't set your player limit too high, more players means more bandwith meaning more lag if your connection can't handle it.