( search forums )
(moved) Bye bye
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
KeFear
August 8, 2005, 12:15 am
I would like to say goodbye to everyone, i think i just quit soldat. I think i don't want to learn to play from scratch all over again. Thanks to every new version, i have to learn to aim/shoot with every single weapon, which is a bit tiring for me. And it is deffinately not fun either. I don't have time to play that much i used to when i started to play 2 years ago. But that's not the main problem.
1.2 and 1.2.1 was a big strike for me. The weapons changed so i wasn't that good i used to be before. But ofcourse after playing many hours, weeks, months, i got back to it and - however i wasn't that good as before - i could kill some badass. The day before 1.3 came out, i could say i was pretty good again - for myself.
And now, with this new fancy best-again weapon balance (remember 1.2.1? that balance was called best also as far as i remember..), self binks and such, i have to learn to play from start. And i start from a worse position than a new player. Because i have learnt to play with an older version and couldn't forget that routine. One who starts playing now, can easily acquire the skill to play, but sadly not me. I'm fed up being owned by every noob cos i can't shoot with my old guns as i used to be. This sometimes frustrates me. That's why i quit playing. It doesn't worth it, besides i don't have the time.

So i say good bye to everyone, i may not leave for ever, but for a short-long time i don't know. It's just not fun for me anymore.

PS. i may complete ARSSE as i still admin some servers, but right now i'm not in the mood for it. Farewell my friends.

mar77a
August 8, 2005, 12:18 am
I will miss you, good bye and good luck my friend.

KeFear
August 8, 2005, 12:24 am
Thank you ;)
i forgot one thing: I won't leave the forums, i just won't play soldat

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 12:29 am
Just take a small break from Soldat and come back to it in a couple of weeks. You'll have forgotten what you were used to and you'll be able to relearn what you've lost easily.

Just don't let this stop your development on ARSSE, it looks like one of the best admin programs around at the moment and thats a pretty impressive title...

Hoodlum
August 8, 2005, 2:02 am
Adios amigo.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 2:07 am
Im with you on that...ill keep playing v1.2.1 in the hopes people wont bother to switch and servers will still remain or until they decide to make a fix...because the weapons were very closely balanced and needed minor tweaking...not all out destructive ruining of them.

Im not in the mood to deal with WM's...just a way to make it harder to play the game the way it should be.

AerialAssault
August 8, 2005, 3:48 am
I never knew you but its sad to see an old player go. gg

bond_james_bond
August 8, 2005, 3:58 am
Bye, I will miss you.

Who are you

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 4:02 am
"oh no, weapons take skill now" heh just kidding.. bye dude

TheRelinquished
August 8, 2005, 6:39 am
I'm very sorry to see someone so discouraged. But I have to hope with Stalky that you'll be able to come back after a break. But if you don't, that's your decision.

It's always sad to lose a veteran.

vash763
August 9, 2005, 12:48 pm
420 posts, doesnt mean much to me, just thought i'd point that out.

i'd atleast try what stalky said

papasurf31
August 9, 2005, 2:03 pm
Yeah, I'd be sad to see you go. At least continue making stuff for soldat, and don't leave the forums :)

Denacke
August 9, 2005, 2:23 pm
Aye mate, don't give up too quickly :). There really were problems with the 1.2.1 balance, I don't think we can deny this.

As said, taking a break always helps =)

Rambo_6
August 9, 2005, 2:38 pm
Stick around, don't just stop playing because of poopeh weapons..

GARGGH THE LANGUAGE FILTER HAS REDUCED ME TO MERE 5-YEAR OLD TERMS SUCH AS POOPY AND CACA.