( search forums )
Someone please post a weapon editing tutorial here
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 12:06 pm
Well, this game is pretty much fun for the last few hours. I played on some custom weapon servers and it was fun for the first minutes. Now I want to make a custom weapon server of my own, just for fun, so I wanted to know what is the correct way of editing those weapons. I just don't want to mess the original settings, becouse i have weapons105.ini,weapons115.ini,weapons120.ini,weapons121.ini,weapons.ini files in my Soldat folder. Which of them should I edit?

Denacke
August 8, 2005, 12:27 pm
You'll have to edit weapons.ini or make your own file and load it using /loadwep
There are already some programs under the fan apps section that will help you making a new weapon balance. I would check out the fan apps list sticky!

N1nj@
August 8, 2005, 12:27 pm
[code]// Soldat uses ticks for measuring time, 60 ticks = 1 second
// ex. 90 ticks = 1.5 second, 10 ticks = 0.16666667 second
// FireInterval, ReloadTime, Bink and StartUpTime is measured in ticks

//Damage=190
// The values is not relevant, experiment to see how it works (use poor mr. dummy bot for example).

//FireInterval=30
- rate of fire, the smaller the faster the weapon is

//Ammo=4
- full clip

//ReloadTime=75
- time of reload in ticks

//Speed=33
- initial speed of bullet, speed affects damage

//BulletStyle=1
1 - plain bullet
2 - frag grenade
3 - shotgun pellets
4 - m79 grenade
5 - flame
6 - punch
7 - arrow
8 - flame arrow
11 - knife/chainsaw
12 - LAW missile
13 - knife
14 - M2 bullet

//StartUpTime=0
- like the Minigun start time, may not work for all weapons

//Bink=0
- if the player is hit by a bullet his aim is not accurate for this amount of time, the mouse cursor in-game shows how this works
- negative values mean self-bink, the lower the number the more inaccurate the weapon will get after auto-firing

//MovementAcc=1
- how much the aim is affected by player movement, the higher the value the more you have to be still to aim properly[/code]those are right from weapons.ini, how hard is it to understand?

mickle89
August 8, 2005, 12:51 pm
where did you get weapons105.ini,weapons115.ini from.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 1:06 pm
Dunno, must've auto downloaded from custom servers.

rabidhamster
August 9, 2005, 10:25 am
^i think you got the dedicated server weapon package.

and you can't auto-download them, they're like bots, if they auto-downloaded, you'd have 20 zombie bots. likewise w/ weapon configs.

mickle89
August 9, 2005, 10:35 am
Where's bullet style 9 and 10 in the ini file.

Captain Ben
August 9, 2005, 10:39 am
Egads! I've never noticed that!

Denacke
August 9, 2005, 11:14 am
9 and 10 are respectively cluster grenades and cluster grenade fragments if i'm not mistaken.

vash763
August 9, 2005, 12:42 pm
oooooo they just dont want you to know

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 4:16 pm
I got the program from fan apps and used it to create an EXPLOSION mod, which was fun.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 6:55 pm
why didnt they make the health of the soldat player 100, then the damage of a weapon could be like 50 for a ruger so you know that it would be a two hit kill or like a 25 damage for some other weapon so its a 4 hit kill.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 9, 2005, 7:45 pm
Because the speed of the bullet will also effect the damage of the weapon. Plus, its hard to recode something thats been integrated into the program for a long time.