( search forums )
Ricochets and other things...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
GluLm
August 8, 2005, 2:33 pm
This is not a whiner thread but rather a small report I did while playing these past days.

I already mentioned how I hate those ferking ricochets, and I didn't expect anything special about them in this new version.
However with the new bink, this is terrible!
Now I always get killed by lost bullets that comes from random places... because of these stupid, stupid ricochets!
I know I'm not very lucky but this is too much ;O
Only 1 bullet overS 30 should ricochet. Or at least very very few of them.

Oh and, I just LOVE the new way the corpses keep celerity!
This is exaclty what I wanted about 5 months ago :)
But I'll keep on playing for 2 weeks or so... who knows, maybe I'll end up hating this afterall. *winks winks*
I can't post all the things I like though, it would take too long. ;)

The new Air Pirate map looks really unfinished! Bleah.

We can't throw the flame thrower after the flame god mode... It's stuck on our hands.
Maybe this has already been reported but I write this just in case.

The backflip is funny, but it gives too much speed when used. It should remain as a simple move just like the rolling.
In my opinion it's a bit too 'powerful'.

Well that's it. I had to post this, sorry if it's the wrong moment.

Edit: and including ctf_nuubia... seriously Chakra I think you've overdone it. (I'm sure you're responsible of this)

Koon
August 8, 2005, 9:28 pm
The ricochets aren't so bad, get over it.

_Mancer_
August 8, 2005, 9:33 pm
If you're getting killed by ricochets that badly, then you kinda must be new or very sucky to soldat. Its not that hard.

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 11:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by GluLm... We can't throw the flame thrower after the flame god mode...

I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to continue using it after invincibility wears off...

quote:Originally posted by GluLm... The backflip is funny, but it gives too much speed when used. It should remain as a simple move just like the rolling.
In my opinion it's a bit too 'powerful'.

That's why it's awesome!

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 4:26 am
actually i could throw it away :) but i didnt get my weapon back :(

Michal
August 9, 2005, 5:38 am
Yeah I agree with you for the most part, ricochets now are much too reliable...

I'm not sure what you mean regarding ctf_nuubia, but personally I dislike the map. There are plenty better maps that deserve a place in the official release.

rabidhamster
August 9, 2005, 8:19 am
^i could make a map better than nuubia, and that's saying something...

besides, the ricochets are REALISTIC. i think...

Captain Ben
August 9, 2005, 10:37 am
Take it like a man. Ricochets are here to stay.

GluLm
August 9, 2005, 1:01 pm
I don't want them to be disabled... I simply suggest only *some* bullets actually do ricochets and not all of them.
Ricochets aren't realistic when 100% of the bullets bump on a floor.

Ctf_nuubia isn't a bad map but I doubt Michal M. did choose this map on his own... There are better maps to be included instead. Well whatever, it doesn't matter.

As for the flame thrower let me quote the change log:
"flamer is not lost after flame god mode, can be thrown away after but dissapears".
You're supposed to be able to throw it away eventually. But it doesn't work right now.

Thanks Koon and Mancer for the retarded comments.

Koon
August 10, 2005, 1:17 am
quote:Thanks Koon and Mancer for the retarded comments
My pleasure.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 5:19 pm
i dont think bullets richochet off rocks, maybe there should be certain polygons where bullets richochet