( search forums )
Soldat is a simple game.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
KeFear
August 8, 2005, 2:52 pm
I don't know if you guys remember, but there were a lot of suggestions in the suggestion thread where people wanted to add complicated things to the game to make it "better". Most of the answers were simply "Soldat is a simple game, keep it that way."
Now it seems to me that Soldat isn't simple anymore. It is more skill orientated which may be good and fun and challenging, but deffinately not simple.

Soldat is now everything but simple.

Hoodlum
August 8, 2005, 2:54 pm
The new update made it more skill orientated but moving around and alot of other things are very simple. Once you get used to the weapons then I think you will be fine.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 2:55 pm
Does it really deserve a separate topic? -)

Anyway, I think that Soldat is still pretty simple compared to other games. The more complicated it will be, the better.. simple games get boring soon.

Denacke
August 8, 2005, 3:17 pm
imo it didn't really get that more complicated. Weapons have selfbink, and there's a backflip. I'm not sure if that's complicated.

SuperKill
August 8, 2005, 3:27 pm
what's not simple about soldat after the update? :/

GunPowder
August 8, 2005, 4:29 pm
Soldat hasn't changed that much!! Just like denacke said, A self-bink effect and a backflip don't make the game impossible and more complicated. The game is still simple as it was. Just a little twist of skill was added (like the new LAW shooting technique). That makes the game more exciting and challenging . :)

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 4:30 pm
Soldat is now less oriented on action than it was, you now have to think if you use an auto. Now you have to not waste your shots with the ruger, or you might get wtfjumped during the reload.

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 4:39 pm
You think it's "degraded" into being too advanced? Don't you think keeping the Flamethrower after FlameGod invincibility wears off gives back some simplicity?! B-)

TheRelinquished
August 8, 2005, 6:43 pm
I think that it was so simple back in the day that now since there are a few more bells and whistles added on, all of the old people seem to think that the game has moved into a phase of complexity and advanced gameplay.

Honestly, people, the game is very simple, even with the new features. It's still just a 2D sidescrolling game with Quake style action.

If anything, the game has more versatility. More can be done. But that still leaves us simpletons to our devices. It's actually a wonderful middle-ground. ^_^

~TheRelinquished

Bug
August 9, 2005, 9:03 am
I agree with TheRelinguished, Soldat is a simple game even with these new featuers and so on. People who say " new version suck1!1" just overdo it, many people who don't like the new version, just don't like weapons, or don't even know the changes between 1.2.1 and 1.3. I played on a public server yesterday, it had 1.2.1 weaponmod, and a player in that server, whined about weapons, he said like this "the bink ain't the problem, weapons on this server are so low powered... the 1.2.1 weapons were better", what a stupid guy he is.

rabidhamster
August 9, 2005, 9:26 am
Originally Written by Michal MarcinkowskiSoldat is a unique side-view multiplayer action game. It takes the best from games like Liero, Worms, Quake and Counter-Strike and gives you fast action gameplay with tons of blood and flesh. Soldiers fight against each other on 2D battle arenas using a deadly military arsenal. This is what multiplayer was invented for.no matter what, we will always live by these words.

Bug
August 9, 2005, 9:57 am
soldat=simple always

Outcast
August 9, 2005, 10:26 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearI don't know if you guys remember, but there were a lot of suggestions in the suggestion thread where people wanted to add complicated things to the game to make it "better". Most of the answers were simply "Soldat is a simple game, keep it that way."
Now it seems to me that Soldat isn't simple anymore. It is more skill orientated which may be good and fun and challenging, but deffinately not simple.

Soldat is now everything but simple.

I still find it relativelly easy. I'm learning this new technique for autos. Works wonders.