( search forums )
FREEZE!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
The @venger
August 8, 2005, 5:24 pm
well, heres my suggestion: ive seen this in quake 3, its called "freeze mode" and its really funny; the point is basically to kill the other team- but.. ...there is a twitch to it, when you kill somebody, they freeze in the position they die, but teamies can unfreeze them by standing next to them for a certain number of seconds. so obviously the point of the game mode is to freeze the other team. often in the freeze games, only 1shot weapons (and not like m79, because its able to only hurt them abit, but like barret) are allowed, which makes it funny, bacause you can take cover, and/or stand on frozen teamies/enemies. this is a very fun gamemode, and i think it could be great in soldat.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 2:57 am
i see potential, might take a bit of programming

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 3:12 am
DUDE! That sounds great! I'd love it if they added that. I'd kiss you and/or a dead rotting corpse (and not precisely in that order) if they added that! Come on Michal Marcinkowski! Add this!

GunPowder
August 9, 2005, 3:21 am
Nice idea, I played the freeze mode in Q3, It's pretty damn good. Hope to see that in the new version :)

Kazuki
August 9, 2005, 4:02 am
Ah, that would be a very interesting sub-gamemode (like Realistic and Survival). Sounds like it would be pretty fun. I'm not sure how far the idea is going to go though. =|

rabidhamster
August 9, 2005, 6:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Taalmight take a bit of programming

you bet your åss it will.

like the idea though. after all, soldat is like all the good games and movies put together. wait, no, sorry. it is all the good games and movies put together.

Captain Ben
August 9, 2005, 10:33 am
I'll support this idea as long as when you die in the air, you freeze, keep moving in the direction you were jetting, and slamming into the ground, rolling around stiff.

The @venger
August 9, 2005, 1:50 pm
would been cool, though, if the soldie stopped falling, and u could get a platform to stand on in the air, but agai, it might ruin gameplay...

Keron Cyst
August 9, 2005, 5:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenI'll support this idea as long as when you die in the air, you freeze, keep moving in the direction you were jetting, and slamming into the ground, rolling around stiff.
*rofl* I'd love that!! xD

kylerlandry
August 9, 2005, 6:15 pm
I'd love this it would remind me of my Mohaa playing days.

Koon
August 10, 2005, 1:14 am
How about making it an option like realisic & advanced mode. this would be awesome on HTF.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 6:17 am
yeah thats how it would be set up koon. any reason why not to do this

Captain Ben
August 10, 2005, 10:33 am
I'd also have your babies if you could push the frozen corpses into a pile, to make a Solaten Thrine.

numgun
August 10, 2005, 1:09 pm
this sounds like ´´tag´´. its a nice idea but... no

ráz0r
August 10, 2005, 1:40 pm
I made this idea like a year ago.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 5:17 pm
awesome idea

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 1:08 am
Sounds fun!

firebolt145
August 11, 2005, 5:37 am
Sounds interesting, especially that idea of people freezing in mid-air. xD

Roy
August 13, 2005, 5:21 am
This actually sounds like a really interesting idea. I think it could really play out. It would sure be a fun idea for team deathmatch.

Zegovia
August 13, 2005, 6:22 pm
Like if you where adding adrenaline suringes to revive your teammates.... :P

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 16, 2005, 3:51 am
This sounds a lot like freeze tag :P I think it would be so fun !

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 7:44 am
...could this be implemented, i mean it looks complicated

karmazon
August 16, 2005, 10:31 am
I love this idea, implement it NOW !

i am ahab
August 16, 2005, 11:49 am
yeah alright,

i'd give it a go...

sbu-spyvin
August 16, 2005, 5:14 pm
sounds fun :) great idea

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 7:13 pm
I remember playing that on Quake 3, I think it would work well on Soldat.
Good idea

The @venger
August 16, 2005, 7:16 pm
mhm, i am really longing to see this gamemode/ option in soldat, it would juice things up...

Hitman
August 16, 2005, 7:16 pm
I love it.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 10:34 am
hah on death match, freeze everyone then let them sit there and suffer MUHAHAAHA

Dark_Noddy
August 20, 2005, 12:11 am
BunnehHumpage ! I love this Idea :D

Muskaman
August 22, 2005, 5:39 pm
I also played this on Quake 3, fun as hell! But I think it should be a GAMETYPE instead of a mode. you see, what you guys have failed to mention is how it functions as a gametype. Like they said, you kill someone to freeze them, then a teammate can press up against them for like 3 seconds then they explode into a bloody mess and respawn. When a team is completely frozen, all of them unfreeze, die, there is a noise, and the frozen team respawns. Freezing the opposing team scores your team 1 POINT (so it functions more like CTF does). The first team to reach the score-limit wins. Oh and it will definately have to have the frozen guys fall like a rock, putting the rag-doll physics to good use.

Karaffka
August 22, 2005, 8:06 pm
Yeah, it was so funny in Q3... Rox.

Unlucky 13
August 23, 2005, 7:57 am
Reminds me somewhat of Scarecrow Tiggy in Primary School. The gametype sounds fun, but can they not just unfreeze again? It sounds funner than an explosion of bodies and a respawn. Of course on a full team freeze, they can explode. 'Course, 'snot my decision.

tRaQs
August 24, 2005, 6:15 am
I like the idea, would a damage ratio to undo a frozen teammate be good?