( search forums )
Get use to the new Version
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
EndertheXenocide
August 8, 2005, 8:23 pm
Basicly I am posting this thread to explain some little things to you people. Okay, Soldat 1.3 has been out for 4 days now. This is quite a change in the Soldat History Books. The entire game play has been completely changed. Some of you have yet to realize these changes. You say, "They nerfed my weapon, it's useless now." The administrators and experienced vets in Soldat have just told you to get over these changes. You complain and ask for changes, we give them to you, you complain about the changes.

It's impossible to really please everyone, actually it is down right impossible. Everyone is not going to be happy all the time. Now i'm giving everyone my little bit of knowledge. Most of use that have been complaining about the new version have been playing 1.2.1 for at least 4-6 months, so of us have been playing it for much longer than that. So what happened to us, is that we got used to version 1.2.1 so much we knew every little thing about nearly every weapon. How that weapon fires, how fast it should kill, what angle it fires, what speed, everything. So when 1.3.1 came out, the entire game of Soldat changed. Like it isn't obvious enough already.

So what i'm telling everyone is, who all that complain. Get used to the new version. Learn every little secret behind each weapon. Learn new strategies. Make Soldat another great challenging place. I know it is going to take time. But all great things do. So please stop complaining about how they nerfed my gun, or what ever say they did. Things happen, life goes on, the world still spins. You just have the choice to either complain about these changes, or go out and learn everything that is needed to be learned.

Now can I ask everyone to go out in the Soldat servers. Practice your weapons. Figure out how they work. And make Soldat a great place to play once again.

P.S. This is all coming from someone who has been complaining since 1.3 did come out. I thought it was going to be great. It completely sucked at first and I just hated it so much. I wanted to quit. But just take my knowledge in and learn 1.3. And maybe we can get through another version without a bunch of people argueing about it every chance they can get.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:44 pm
Im totally fine with the weapons I just feel that Realistic mode isnt the same.

Zero72
August 8, 2005, 8:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by EndertheXenocideP.S. This is all coming from someone who has been complaining since 1.3 did come out. I thought it was going to be great. It completely sucked at first and I just hated it so much. I wanted to quit. But just take my knowledge in and learn 1.3. And maybe we can get through another version without a bunch of people argueing about it every chance they can get.
That validated your entire argument... I guess there's hope.

Darkslide
August 8, 2005, 8:51 pm
The Ruger is different, i think.
But just as EndertheXenocide says Life goes on!

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:55 pm
Yes it does.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 8:58 pm
we don't need anymore of these topics.. just shutup and leave soldat if you'r not hapy with it..

aprilninety
August 8, 2005, 9:04 pm
he isn't happy nor mad about it, he's compromising. and that's what he's telling all the other whiners to do.

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 9:40 pm
Yeah, I actually feel that 1.3 is, overall, better than 1.2.1 (even though that was superior in one or three aspects), so I think I rushed my conclusion of it a bit after not playing enough.

@HHH: did you even read his post? He's not saying he's leaving it at all.

Hoodlum
August 8, 2005, 9:44 pm
I am used to the new version and everyone else will have to also or they can leave as its not going to change for a minor loss of people.

EndertheXenocide
August 8, 2005, 11:52 pm
Well, i'm glad to see some people actually understood my thread. HHH if you didn't want to read my entire post, then why reply to the thread? Glad to see others pointed out what you missed.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 1:54 am
Screw getting used to it, I'm playin' with weapon mods.

Hoodlum
August 9, 2005, 1:56 am
quote:Originally posted by MuffinScrew getting used to it, I'm playin' with weapon mods.
That will get very boring after a few days.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 2:11 am
quote:Originally posted by Hoodlumquote:Originally posted by MuffinScrew getting used to it, I'm playin' with weapon mods.

Why would it get boring? Regular Soldat'll get boring before the mods do, the mods are fresh and new with redesigned weapons and creative editing of weapons.ini, (the good ones, anyways) whereas regular Soldat is just boring ol' Soldat, except with crappier autos.

m00`
August 9, 2005, 7:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Muffinquote:Originally posted by Hoodlumquote:Originally posted by MuffinScrew getting used to it, I'm playin' with weapon mods.

Why would it get boring? Regular Soldat'll get boring before the mods do, the mods are fresh and new with redesigned weapons and creative editing of weapons.ini, (the good ones, anyways) whereas regular Soldat is just boring ol' Soldat, except with crappier autos.

good ones? wtf all i've seen is autos shooting rockets and rifles shooting grenades, creative my f*cken ass

rabidhamster
August 9, 2005, 7:29 am
how about this:
USE THE 1.21 MOD.
there. everybody's happy.

and just in case,
// :: Weapon mod : less bink by rabidhamster
// i made this mod for the people who hate the new autos.
//
// i call it, "the sprayer's mod"

[Info]
Name=rh's Sprayer Mod
Version=1

[USSOCOM]
Damage=172
FireInterval=12
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=65
Speed=180
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=176
FireInterval=23
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=103
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[HK MP5]
Damage=108
FireInterval=6
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=95
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-5
MovementAcc=1

[Ak-74]
Damage=115
FireInterval=11
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=150
Speed=240
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-8
MovementAcc=1

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=73
FireInterval=7
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=115
Speed=260
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-7
MovementAcc=1

[Spas-12]
Damage=121
FireInterval=34
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=175
Speed=140
BulletStyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Ruger 77]
Damage=243
FireInterval=32
Ammo=4
ReloadTime=115
Speed=330
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=4
MovementAcc=3

[M79]
Damage=165000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=180
Speed=110
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=0
Bink=25
MovementAcc=3

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495
FireInterval=240
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=300
Speed=550
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=80
MovementAcc=6

[FN Minimi]
Damage=89
FireInterval=9
Ammo=50
ReloadTime=250
Speed=270
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-5
MovementAcc=2

[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=48
FireInterval=4
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=366
Speed=290
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=50
Bink=-5
MovementAcc=1

[Flamer]
Damage=1200
FireInterval=6
Ammo=200
ReloadTime=5
Speed=105
BulletStyle=5
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Rambo Bow]
Damage=1200
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=25
Speed=210
BulletStyle=7
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Flamed Arrows]
Damage=800
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=39
Speed=180
BulletStyle=8
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Combat Knife]
Damage=215000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=60
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Chainsaw]
Damage=2100
FireInterval=4
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=65
Speed=70
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[M72 LAW]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=30
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=540
Speed=230
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=23
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Punch]
Damage=33000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=50
BulletStyle=6
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Grenade]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=80
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=20
Speed=50
BulletStyle=2
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Stationary Gun]
Damage=180
FireInterval=10
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=366
Speed=360
BulletStyle=14
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

Bug
August 9, 2005, 8:59 am
I like ak as a "clickclick" weapon. Weaponbalance is just fine now, nothing needs to be changed in my opinion.
People who don't like the new version, just has to get used to it or play the version before this, 1.2.1.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 2:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`quote:Originally posted by Muffinquote:Originally posted by Hoodlumquote:Originally posted by MuffinScrew getting used to it, I'm playin' with weapon mods.

good ones? wtf all i've seen is autos shooting rockets and rifles shooting grenades, creative my f*cken ass

That's because Soldat is full of idiots. There ARE some good ones out there, though.

EndertheXenocide
August 9, 2005, 3:28 pm
Full of idiots? Are you a (please refrain from swearinig) moron? Apparently nobody actually read my first post. This thread is ment to teach others that Soldat isn't made for complaining little (please refrain from swearing)heads like yourself Muffin. I never mentioned one thing about any types of weapon mods, or weapon mod servers. And this thread has become a weapon mod complaining/argueing thread. My post was to tell others to get over your own selfishness about how, "oh i hate this," or, "this sucks now, they nerfed my gun," and examples like that. But apparently mostly everyone of you have missed the total point (excluding the few that knew what I was actually meaning.)

But I guess that this thread and my post never had any type of meaning in any way. I'm just so tired of people not actually seeing the big picture and round them, and only seeing what is straight in front of their eyes. And if you didn't understand that last sentence, it was ment to be as a figure of speech.

UltraMagnus
August 9, 2005, 4:02 pm
i thought MM put in the weapon modding to stop everyone complaining, dont like the weapons as they are THEN CHANGE IT MORONS!

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 5:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst
@HHH: did you even read his post? He's not saying he's leaving it at all.

i didn't say he was.. i said if he's not happy with soldat the way it is.. then he has no reason to stick around.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 9:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by EndertheXenocideFull of idiots? Are you a (please refrain from swearinig) moron? Apparently nobody actually read my first post. This thread is ment to teach others that Soldat isn't made for complaining little (please refrain from swearing)heads like yourself Muffin. I never mentioned one thing about any types of weapon mods, or weapon mod servers. And this thread has become a weapon mod complaining/argueing thread. My post was to tell others to get over your own selfishness about how, "oh i hate this," or, "this sucks now, they nerfed my gun," and examples like that. But apparently mostly everyone of you have missed the total point (excluding the few that knew what I was actually meaning.)

But I guess that this thread and my post never had any type of meaning in any way. I'm just so tired of people not actually seeing the big picture and round them, and only seeing what is straight in front of their eyes. And if you didn't understand that last sentence, it was ment to be as a figure of speech.

I know what you were saying, you were telling us to stop b*tching about everything and have some decency. As I said before, screw that.

It's second nature, people are going to whine when they think their weapon is disadvantaged, the only reason the board isn't completely flooded with "WTF YOU NERFED MY WEAPON" posts is because lots of people have self-control. If the person is already whining about it, chances are, they won't change their opinions just because of this post, especially when you can set the weapons back to 1.2.1. I'm not complaining about the new version, I'm just saying that there's no need to get used to changes you don't want to when you can just edit them to your will.

EndertheXenocide
August 9, 2005, 11:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by MuffinI know what you were saying, you were telling us to stop b*tching about everything and have some decency. As I said before, screw that.

It's second nature, people are going to whine when they think their weapon is disadvantaged, the only reason the board isn't completely flooded with "WTF YOU NERFED MY WEAPON" posts is because lots of people have self-control. If the person is already whining about it, chances are, they won't change their opinions just because of this post.

You are missing the point of my thread. This thread is to point out to people to try to get used to the changes. Play the new modified game. But when there are people like you, muffin, people that don't want to get used to the changes. And just learn the new game of Soldat. Basicly this is what is going to change from the people who continue to play Soldat and the ones that will give up on learning the new game, and eventually walk away.

HHH, same thing basicly to you. I'm trying to get people to stay a part of Soldat. If someone doesn't like the changes, are you really just going to tell them to screw off and leave Soldat? What does that really show out of a person? I see it as someone who nevers wants to help someone out in the future and can never benefit from trying to help someone in the future either. So what if someone complains. Either ignore them or try to explain to them that Soldat has changed. It's not as if life has ended. I for one want people to accept the changes and continue on with playing Soldat.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 11:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by EndertheXenocidequote:Originally posted by MuffinI know what you were saying, you were telling us to stop b*tching about everything and have some decency. As I said before, screw that.

It's second nature, people are going to whine when they think their weapon is disadvantaged, the only reason the board isn't completely flooded with "WTF YOU NERFED MY WEAPON" posts is because lots of people have self-control. If the person is already whining about it, chances are, they won't change their opinions just because of this post.

You are missing the point of my thread. This thread is to point out to people to try to get used to the changes. Play the new modified game. But when there are people like you, muffin, people that don't want to get used to the changes. And just learn the new game of Soldat. Basicly this is what is going to change from the people who continue to play Soldat and the ones that will give up on learning the new game, and eventually walk away.

That's exactly what I'm pointing out. I don't want to play the new game, especially when you can change it. The more Soldat progresses, it can go two ways, mods will die out and it will be more refreshing to play mods once in awhile, or mods will increase in number and everyone will be playing the mods instead of regular Soldat. Either way, I don't have to change if I don't want to. Sure, I'm being petty and selfish, but I'm getting away with it.

UGK
August 9, 2005, 11:46 pm
I like the new back flip and Ak-74. Backflip is really useful in climb maps if u know how to use it.8D

VodkaZombie
August 9, 2005, 11:56 pm
Backflip is also good for running away from the enemy or running to score a point, it'll get you there faster.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 11:29 am
I have to admit...im used to these changes now...the only thing im still getting VERY aggrivated with is going up against m79s and barrets using my trusty desert eagles. Well, ill continue working on trying to become the best deagler in 1.3, I have a fresh start at doing this.

I have to admit, the time 1.3 came out it picked the perfect time being i just got back into soldat and was once again obsessed with it. I almost quit soldat, and refused 234623 times and played on 1.2.1, but i just said to hell with it and played on 1.3. I may not be as good as I was on 1.2.1, but atleast im making progress. Just to kick start my rebuilding of skill on 1.3, I had a clan scrim, like uh 5 2v2's and about 4 1v1's which involved me challenging people in public ctf servers after being called a noob or being insulted. All of which I won :D Except for one...which was for fun and I lost by a very very thin margin.

Anyways...what they said is true...Life moves on, and getting used to it I did...but I still bear hatred of the nerfing of every weapon except the barret and the lack of nerfing to the m79 - you might just hear me use 1.3 as an excuse for death...(Come to think of it...I always have some excuse for death xD)

SPARTAN_III
August 10, 2005, 11:58 am
i guess it would be easier to get used to it, if this had been my first version. this is my first ever version change and im still not too used to it. you wont see me yelling "OMG WTF N00B ADMIN NERFZOR TEH AK!!!11" though.

EndertheXenocide
August 10, 2005, 4:28 pm
Exta, those were some fun games we played last night too. I'm just glad to see some people that cope with the changes. Playing 2vs2s and 1vs1s against a bunch of people is a great idea.

And Spartan. The reason for you not cursing about how they nerfed your gun, or whatever you excuse is for you not playing as well as you used to. For you have self-restraint, with some common sense. It's not going to get you anywhere not facing the changes. Which is very a respectful thing.

Muffin, yes WM servers have some benefits to have some fun. But I don't think it will be as refreshing as you might be hoping for. If you look at all of the active vets still around. They have said things about how my weapon sucks now, and related words. But they learned with the changes and moved on. I really don't see many vets going and changing to WM servers all the time. I've tried the WM servers. I haven't had much of a challenge in them. Only weapons that tend to shot things out of them that they shouldn't. Maybe if someone gets a WM server that has a bit of a learning curve to it. It may be a little more fun, but I don't really see it happening a lot soon.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 1:07 am
quote:Originally posted by EndertheXenocideMuffin, yes WM servers have some benefits to have some fun. But I don't think it will be as refreshing as you might be hoping for. If you look at all of the active vets still around. They have said things about how my weapon sucks now, and related words. But they learned with the changes and moved on. I really don't see many vets going and changing to WM servers all the time. I've tried the WM servers. I haven't had much of a challenge in them. Only weapons that tend to shot things out of them that they shouldn't. Maybe if someone gets a WM server that has a bit of a learning curve to it. It may be a little more fun, but I don't really see it happening a lot soon.

Why would I play on servers where I have to rethink my strategy just to play with Soldat vets? And as for the WM servers, again, Soldat is full of idiots who think "LOL MACHINE GUN BARRET" is a complete mod. Recently, I've been playing on a mod that completely redesigns the weapons, and I've found that regular Soldat is disgustingly slow-paced compared to it. It may take some time, but once you find a server with a good mod, you're hooked.

UGK
August 11, 2005, 4:51 am
Yep that to Vodka.....

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 3:30 pm
I'm still hooked on regular Soldat. I'm already used to the new version and re-mastering all the guns I used before.

Marine
August 11, 2005, 5:54 pm
Haha I don't see why everyone's mad, cause it seems with these new settings, you can basically manipulate anything you want about the guns settings...

person
August 11, 2005, 7:01 pm
Ugh. The thing is that no one plays WM servers; I have not seen a single WM server which I will possibly have a half decent ping on.. and not only that, but you wouldn't play against the variety of players you are used to and enjoy playing with.

It's just not a viable option for a hell of a lot of players.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 7:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by MarineHaha I don't see why everyone's mad, cause it seems with these new settings, you can basically manipulate anything you want about the guns settings...

That does leave a lot of potential for people to be very creative. It would be difficult, though.

Although, I really will always prefer to play standard Soldat.

Mr. Domino
August 12, 2005, 4:10 am
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieBackflip is also good for running away from the enemy or running to score a point, it'll get you there faster.

I can accept the weapon changes. I can accept that I seem to be seeing more barret and auto users now, and that autos appear to be deadlier than before thanks to added power. However, I see no use for the backflip. The backflip is useless, especially for a CTF M79 user. Even without rocket jumping, though, the backflip slows you down. Since capturing typically involves looking in the opposite direction of the way you're moving, you end up backflipping a lot which slows down the escape. I absolutely hate it. I wish there was a toggle for that, or can be assigned in the player options screen.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 7:44 am
quote:or can be assigned in the player options screen.

Indeed: Its a move that should be allowed to be assigned to a different key(s). Hopefully if a 1.3.1 comes out MM can fix this.

Zero72
August 12, 2005, 2:11 pm
I still find the backflip pretty dumb. And useless. But that's just me.

I still don't like self-bink and some of the other changes, but I must admit that I'm finally starting to adjust to them. I still wish it hadn't been done, but it's not a game-ruining thing anymore. Also, I still say self-bink should be slowed down and not happen so quickly. Like I said, you can barely spend the bullets in one go with an AK or Steyr to kill somebody before you start spewing bullets aimlessly halfway accross the map.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 2:21 pm
Click rapidly instead of holding the button down takes care of self-bink for you, too.

Zero72
August 12, 2005, 2:23 pm
I know that, but I shouldn't have to release the trigger quite that often, I don't think.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 2:41 pm
Yeah, it does get kinda annoying. But at least you can fight no-bink for just some double clicks now and then. heh heh. I do prefer the old way of, ya' know, not clicking at all, though. :p

EndertheXenocide
August 12, 2005, 7:23 pm
But if you do use a Sem-Automatic weapon. You have to click like that. The only problem I may be seeing, is that Self-Bink is affecting the user more that if an enemy shoots the user. E.X. When I went up against someone with a Barret. I shot him once or twice and they hit him. But almost directly after I shot him he still pulls of the shot to get a kill. Compared if I went up against someone with an AK. The DEs don't really have to much of a selfbink, but if you add the self-bink with the bink from the opponents shots. It gets kind of hard to aim your weapons. Ruger is the same way.

But since the Barret wasn't modified really at all, it is quite easier to use. Fabman used it in a scrim against the clan i'm in, sk://, the other day. And he was just killing us left and right. He said, "the barret is easier to use now that ever." If I remember correctly he said this a good 3-4 times. And he is right. The barret is a lot easier to use imo. I'm not complaining, just giving everyone my point of view.

solohan50
August 13, 2005, 12:00 am
well, about that whole "clicking really fast" thing. it works wonders for AK and Mini, but it's been my experience that the Steyr is the most hard hit by it, because it doesn't seem to fire right even if you click quickly (at least, that's been my experience), plus the fact that the Steyr already took a bunch of bullets to kill, now it's got decreased power and takes even more, and the burst time for a Steyr before bink kicks in isn't long enough to kill someone. i think that bink shouldn't kick in if you hold down the trigger until you've fired enough bullets to kill a player (or maybe like 2 bullets after that limit, cuz 100% with anything is almost impossible. even mancer misses a shot ocassionally :-O)

Zero72
August 13, 2005, 2:03 am
Agreed with above.

The Steyr's practically trash in this version if you ask me. =P

solohan50
August 13, 2005, 2:17 am
amen brotha! >_>

VodkaZombie
August 13, 2005, 3:44 am
quote:Originally posted by solohan50well, about that whole "clicking really fast" thing. it works wonders for AK and Mini, but it's been my experience that the Steyr is the most hard hit by it, because it doesn't seem to fire right even if you click quickly (at least, that's been my experience), plus the fact that the Steyr already took a bunch of bullets to kill, now it's got decreased power and takes even more, and the burst time for a Steyr before bink kicks in isn't long enough to kill someone. i think that bink shouldn't kick in if you hold down the trigger until you've fired enough bullets to kill a player (or maybe like 2 bullets after that limit, cuz 100% with anything is almost impossible. even mancer misses a shot ocassionally :-O)

Get used to it. Tap rapidly when in far range, spray in close range. I'm sure everyone is having trouble using the Steyr but they get around it one way or another.

Zero72
August 13, 2005, 4:11 am
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieI'm sure everyone is having trouble using the Steyr...
That = better game?

VodkaZombie
August 13, 2005, 4:20 am
Thats the only solution i could think of. Hell, if you've got a better one post it.

solohan50
August 13, 2005, 4:32 am
i've already posted my solution. bink should kick in after a burst fires enough rounds to kill someone. that would prevent excess spray, yet still allow Steyr users to stand a chance. but i hopped on the bandwagon, i just switched to mp5. >_>

Green Barret
August 13, 2005, 4:34 am
Steyr is much less effective than it was before, but i'm a better time with it than the ak-74. It cuts down anyone quick(except someone with knife, barret or mp5) and the self bink it does give me more headshots that complete misses. It's now much more a close range weapon in my opinion.

As for whiners about 1.3: I saw some noobs bad mouthing MM as much they could in their limited 10 year old vocabulary about the new version. I asked why they were saying so. They said it was because MM had taken teams away from INF. I told them that the server was a DM server playing INF maps.

They grew silent, knowing their own stupidity then started arguing about something else. They said the reg keys didn't work and now they would have to buy new ones. I asked them whose reg key was it. The reply was 'a friend'(so obvious they downloaded it in the internet). I told them that regs were for a person at a time, not to be shared. Then they did a vote and got me kicked.

Yup, this is 100% true story. Shows what kind of people these whiners are.

solohan50
August 13, 2005, 6:26 am
well, if you're directing that my way, i will admit that i was less than thrilled that 1.3 nerfed my weapon set (Steyr and LAW) far beyond other weapons.

however, if you look at my posts, you'll find that i didn't come on and say "1.3 suxx0rz cuz u nerfed my weapon!" i stated my reasons for why i thought 1.2.1 was better and that was that. i have since hopped on the mp5 bandwagon, and have gotten fairly proficient with this weapon that saw little use in 1.2.1.

i still firmly hold my opinion that 1.2.1 was more fun overall than 1.3, but there are many opinions on that matter that have been stated numerous times. and btw, u stated that the Steyr is now a close range weapon more than anything, so i pose this question to you. if the Steyr is a close range weapon now because of bink, wouldn't it make more sense to use a weapon that was made for close range, like the mp5?

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 6:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Green BarretSteyr is much less effective than it was before, but i'm a better time with it than the ak-74. It cuts down anyone quick(except someone with knife, barret or mp5) and the self bink it does give me more headshots that complete misses. It's now much more a close range weapon in my opinion.

As for whiners about 1.3: I saw some noobs bad mouthing MM as much they could in their limited 10 year old vocabulary about the new version. I asked why they were saying so. They said it was because MM had taken teams away from INF. I told them that the server was a DM server playing INF maps.

They grew silent, knowing their own stupidity then started arguing about something else. They said the reg keys didn't work and now they would have to buy new ones. I asked them whose reg key was it. The reply was 'a friend'(so obvious they downloaded it in the internet). I told them that regs were for a person at a time, not to be shared. Then they did a vote and got me kicked.

Yup, this is 100% true story. Shows what kind of people these whiners are.

LMAO. That story is genius.

Zero72
August 13, 2005, 8:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieThats the only solution i could think of. Hell, if you've got a better one post it.
It's been over a week. Instead of ranting, we are now posting educated, intelligent opinions about the new version. We can live with self-bink to a certain degree, but we feel that certain things should be changed. Like the Steyr.

Obviously your suggestion is the only one we can use for the moment, but it would be nice if it were made a little easier to use.