( search forums )
2.3.5 stability?
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Vostok 4
August 8, 2005, 8:58 pm
Has anyone tested 2.3.5 stability thoroughly? I haven't played/hosted Soldat in a couple of months now, I have my SG next release 99% done but its not quite ready yet, however does anyone know if MM fixed any of the crashes?

BTW, this is for the Linux server of course ;)

FliesLikeABrick
August 8, 2005, 10:25 pm
im running the 2.3.5 on all 4 of my servers and have not noticed any major instabilities yet. i will pay close attention to the logs and let you know.

I can say that the lobby registration issue is not resolved yet though.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 11:32 pm
so far, ive had my server running for 16 hours, and surprisingly there has been no crashes... there was one connection problem which disconnected everyone, but we were able to rejoin and continue playing hassle-free.

Cold Fusion
August 9, 2005, 12:32 am
It's fine and stable if you don't have any custom maps on it, otherwise it dies horribly. :(

FliesLikeABrick
August 9, 2005, 12:34 am
custom map support is probably the most critical thing that should be stabilized IMO

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 2:00 am
oops, mine just crashed :P (No custom maps)

Whats SG anyway?

FliesLikeABrick
August 9, 2005, 8:22 am
i would say that it is pretty unstable, every time that i run my statsupdate, the script ftp's about 6 or 7 new logs (update runs 3 times per day). it might even be less stable than the last version, because some of my logs would get pretty big on there, where the update would be resuming on the same log for 2 days or so.

KeFear
August 9, 2005, 8:30 am
Mine always crashes after a few map changes (doesn't matter if custom maps or not).
I think it is even more unstable if you use the /loadwep /loadconf commands.

VodkaZombie
August 9, 2005, 9:52 pm
Mine never crashed to this date, probably because it went off after a few maps.