( search forums )
SUPERMAWD 1.0 - Now with reticulating splines!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your totally 1337 mods!
Rambo_6
August 9, 2005, 7:12 am
In light of 1.3's release, i decided to screw around with the weapons ini files nd see if i can make some interesting guns. I also managed to toss together a pathetic menu of guns, and some strange sound effects (listen to headchop.wav!! RETICULATING SPLINES!!).

Oh, and the blue team are now... ROFELBOTS! :D:D:D:D

I managed to discover a few unique weapons, although a lot of people may already say that these weapons have been discovered.

I'll highlight the most interesting guns that i stumbled across:

1. The Bubble Gun - Quite a simple concept. A gun that pushes the enemy more than it harms them. This gun has unlimited ammo, since it barely hurts the enemy at all.SCREEN

2. The Dark Magicks - A very interesting gun to say the least. This is a modification of the chainsaw that makes an explosion appear in front of your soldier when you fire. The explosion can travel through walls, which gives it a very tactical advantage. The strange part is that it always explodes this far away from your soldier. The sound effects used on this are courtesy of Milkman Dan and his weird Swedish black metal music. :D

3. The Explosion Gun - Think minimi. Now think cluster grenade bits. This gun shoots cluster bits so fast, that they travel through walls (sometimes). At other times, the bullets come back and hit you. My logic: the fire speed was set so fast, that the cluster bits actually bounce off the wall before they explode, which explains why some will explode in midair before it seems that they touch the wall. The new minigun is a failed variant of this gun, which doesn't work in confined spaces. Try it out in the open, and you'll be in for a {laggy} surprise. SCREEN

4. The Force Field - If i could rename this, i'd call it the Ville-pisser-offer. :D This gun does what the name implies, and creates an invisible shield in front of you, which kills people on contact. It has unlimited ammo, unfortunately, which makes it the cheapest gun to use. Note that the field does not completely surround you, so you have to aim in the enemy's general direction. The logic: The gun fires a berzillion stat-gun bullets per second, which somehow do not appear on the screen. This is what creates teh force field illusion. It has reverse bink, which makes it spray extremely badly, causing it to be poor at a long distance. All you have to do is get close to the enemy, and POW! SCREEN

5. Other Exploders - These guns all accomplish the same thing. They all cause large-scale explosions. I'm not going to get too in-depth, so here's a two.

6. The Combustion Gun - A barret that can ignite people through walls, you say? CAN DO! Although this has been done befor, i like my version the best. It's pretty fair, and takes more hits to kill. SCREEN

7. The Super Emo Knife of Healing! - Originally, this knife would slowly kill you if you tried to stab at someone. It won't hurt or heal you/them now, for some reason, but i thought i'd mention it.

8. Diahhrea - A shotgun with reversed speed equals a gun that fires out your rear. Unfortunately, i've noticed that guns with negative speed cause no damage (logically). Still, it's a funny spectacle to say the least. SCREEN

9. Booster - A work in progress still, but so far i've made a gun that launches you around without lagging at all. It makes use of stat-gun bullets, which unfortunaltely will kill you shortly after using the booster. This means you have to use it sparingly since it will kill you if you over-use it. Here's the best version so far.(under construction). EDIT: It shouldn't hurt you as much now, but it does kill you at times.

[Chainsaw]
Damage=-20000
FireInterval=10
Ammo=35
ReloadTime=80
Speed=37
BulletStyle=14
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-120
MovementAcc=1

I encoursge you to try these guns out. It can prove to be fun, for a while.

Download only the weapons .ini file

DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE SUPERMAWD 1.0

IMPORTANT NOTE: To use the ini file, simply run teh batch file i've given you. Then, start a server and type in '/loadwep SUPERMAWD' without the quotes.

EDIT : I decided to show some quotes that prove this mod is rock-solid.

"SUPERMAWD sucks pen*s." - Evil-Ville

"Some of the guns suck total @ss!" - EvidentBoy

"It's funny for a bit, then it gets boring." - 60Hz Boy

Time Magasine calls it the "Homo-erotic thriller of the decade"

Zero72
August 9, 2005, 7:58 am
This sounds nuts. Maybe I'll try it out some time. I still don't feel like messing around with weapon stats just yet, though.

rabidhamster
August 9, 2005, 8:52 am
interesting ideas, rambo...

i must say, nice railgun.

Captain RibMan
August 9, 2005, 9:17 am
I must say, whoever chose the sound effect for "the dark magicks" was a goddamn genius

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 1:58 pm
You can reduce the mod size with 7zip to approx. 5.9 mb, and still be able to open it via WinRAR. Turns out Turrino couldn't handle the file. =
http://www.freewebs.com/lapissoldat/Supermawd.7z

It's smaller, but the download speed is horrendous.

Rambo_6
August 9, 2005, 2:27 pm
Capt. Ribman, that was Milkman Dan's idea :D OH WAIT! IMPOSTER!

It sounds like he's saying 'shrabbage' or something.

EDIT:

quote:Originally posted by Zero72This sounds nuts. Maybe I'll try it out some time. I still don't feel like messing around with weapon stats just yet, though.

I couldn't help but notice.... Are you making good use of your Mods folder? Because then you can have berzillions of edited ini files with no hassle, instead of replacing the default one.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 3:30 pm
HAHAHAHHAH! This is hilarious ingame.

EDIT: Zero, Rambo is right - if you keep weapons.ini files in the Mods folder under the mod itself, then you can load them over and over again by running "Soldat.exe -mod YOURMODHERE".

EDIT 2: Make something like the Airplanes in Soldat topic as a utility or something. You have permission to do that, so don't hesitate.

Swebonny
August 9, 2005, 3:48 pm
Hey where did the SuperUber minigun go ;D

Rambo_6
August 9, 2005, 3:52 pm
It's still here. It still auto-kills you in confined areas, and still causes massive lag. I found some appropriate sound effects for it.

Swebonny
August 9, 2005, 3:54 pm
:D i like it :D man i gonna get this mode:D After MMs mods folder i can have 1000 mods :D

Edit: OMFG my internet speed from 250kb/sek to 55/sek...

GAMEOVER
August 9, 2005, 4:49 pm
lol @ diahhrea

Hoodlum
August 9, 2005, 5:12 pm
Ahaha hilarious mod.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 9:01 pm
Interesting weapons choice.-

VodkaZombie
August 9, 2005, 9:31 pm
Heh, awesome mod. Luv Diahrea.

Who flung poo
August 10, 2005, 5:16 am
I dont use my mod folder because when you have alot of the big-butt mods than it's severly slows game but still its awesome

m00`
August 10, 2005, 7:40 am
you can use the diarhea to heal people, and even your allies when ff is on

Swebonny
August 10, 2005, 8:28 am
Hahah lol :D Nice mod

Rambo_6
August 10, 2005, 7:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00d
EDIT 2: Make something like the Airplanes in Soldat topic as a utility or something. You have permission to do that, so don't hesitate.

Where might i find this?

Also, that is very interesting news, m00. i guess negative speed means negativwe damage as well.

Ace-AnArChY
September 17, 2005, 1:52 am
i love mods expecially yours but this 1 wont work it gets the weopeon skins but it
doesnt shoot the explosives and stuff its all regualler bullets

im ssooooo angry

Ace-AnArChY
September 17, 2005, 1:53 am
i put all the files in the proper places and i put it in the mod folder
wat els do i have to do

Ace-AnArChY
September 17, 2005, 1:59 am
IM SO (Please refrain from swearing)ING PISSED I WANT THIS MOD SO MUCH

Keron Cyst
September 17, 2005, 2:52 am
Edit your posts instead of triple-posting. There's a weapons.INI file that needs to replace the original, which is sitting right in the directory (Soldat\weapons.INI). Did you get that too?

paramud
September 17, 2005, 6:34 am
What game did the Force Field reload sound come from? Its right at the edge of my mind...

Rambo_6
September 17, 2005, 6:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ace-AnArChYi put all the files in the proper places and i put it in the mod folder
wat else do i have to do?

Ingame type /loadwep Militia

If that fails, then you need to reinstal correctly.

Also, the force field sound is from the old NES Zelda game.

Norris Scott
September 27, 2005, 11:14 am
When I had this mod I loved dogfights with the chainsaw against Boogeyman, just really fun to be racing about in the air with bullets whizzing by

SPARTAN_III
September 27, 2005, 11:56 am
you had to bump this up, didn't you...