( search forums )
Some REALLY good ideas for cursor
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
_Mancer_
August 9, 2005, 9:42 am
Well, I was wondering. When you use your soldat crosshair (cursor) Sometimes it antialiases itself randomly, and makes it look blurry for no apparent reason, then flickers back to a solid pixel shape that looks good for a tiny bit.

Heres an example of the antialiased one:

[IMAGE]

And heres the solid pixel form:

[IMAGE]

See? Its so much better and clearer. MM, if you could find a way to make it NOT antialias and to keep its original image without blurring, I think the cursor would be a lot clearer and a lot better looking.

Thoughts?

Outcast
August 9, 2005, 11:30 am
Meh, i only have the cursor to show me where my mouse is pointing, i just need it visible and not too big :p

GAMEOVER
August 9, 2005, 11:18 pm
Yeah dont care for that discoloration crap I run into that stuff a lot seems like from the antialiasing

Hoodlum
August 9, 2005, 11:28 pm
This has never happened to me so I guess I should be glad. ;x

GAMEOVER
August 9, 2005, 11:30 pm
It happens to everyone if you have a cursor thats shaded atleast 2 different colors its easyly noticeable, btw nice cursor.

This should be comibined with this post http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=26433

Twinkler
August 9, 2005, 11:36 pm
Does it have anything to do with the Antialiasing option in the Soldat Setup?

GAMEOVER
August 9, 2005, 11:49 pm
Yeah it does but even with it unchecked (default) it still acts up I dont know exactly how this works but if anyone knows a fix plz respond with it.

_Mancer_
August 10, 2005, 12:42 am
It may not matter to some of you people but it matters to me and I think the game would look better with it fixed :X

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 6:15 am
yeah it would look more professional, you get the same problem when your putting scenery on maps and you turn the scenery on a wonky angle