( search forums )
Can't connect to any server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
ReDevil
August 9, 2005, 2:48 pm
I installed 1.3 and can't connect to any server.
I can play only against bots :P

I don't have firewall, though I have router but it worked before the 1.3 version, so no idea what to do. Can anybody raise a hand and help me please? :)

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 10:59 am
Sure, as soon as you describe your problem a bit more thoroughly.

Do you mean that you cannot see any servers in the server lobby, or do you get an error message when you attempt to join?

If you see no servers:

Make sure "Weapon mod" is unchecked in the Soldat filters section.

If you get an error message of any kind:

Post it here.

ReDevil
August 10, 2005, 11:41 am
Oki, I will explain it to the deephs of the deephs! :)

When I am requesting the lobby it says the next problem:
"Lobby server is not responding. If it isn't your connections fault please try later"

When I am trying to join any server it just stays on "Requesting Game".

I installed the game in both of my PC's in the house. In both it has the same problem, in one pc I upgraded from 1.2.1-1.3 and in one I just installed 1.3 (For the protocol :P).

Now, the 1.2.1 worked fine before in both PC's, and after I installed 1.3 nothing worked. So I installed 1.2.1 again, to check, and it didnt work their as well! So something here is very wierd and (Please refrain from swearing)ed up I think.

I have a Router too, no firewall, I don't really understand in Routers but I know I 'opened' the next ports:
UDP 23073/23073
TCP 23083/23083
And tried to open the ports of some servers I join+their IP.

I have no idea what to do and you are my last hope.

m00`
August 10, 2005, 12:02 pm
ReDevil did you do anything before you installed soldat 1.3

ReDevil
August 10, 2005, 12:45 pm
Nope, my brother was at home while I was away but what could he change? I don't think he did anything.

Something new have come up btw. I disabled my router and tried to run Soldat and still, all the same peoblems...
Now, something else.. in Control Panel at "Windows Firewall" it says OFF. and at "Security Panel" it says that At least one of the firewalls installed on this pc are ON.

So it's either the firewall which I dunno which one since I dont have any (Router firewall?) and if I do no idea how to disable or the SOLDAT!

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 2:42 pm
Can you join any of the servers listed in the following topic?

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=17919

ReDevil
August 14, 2005, 4:33 pm
Can't. And problem isn's solved yet..

Real_Rook
August 14, 2005, 5:58 pm
You'll have to burn important files on cd/dvd and format you harddics , and you can also try installing soldat in internet caffee
YOU CAN DO IT LUV ! DONT GIVE UP YET !

VodkaZombie
August 14, 2005, 6:38 pm
Maybe you should simply reinstall Soldat 1.3 without the patch. Strange, it cant be your ISP provider since you can still access the internet..

ReDevil
August 14, 2005, 10:20 pm
I reinstalled it, there is something more hidden in it!

iLLskiLLs
August 15, 2005, 9:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by ReDevilI reinstalled it, there is something more hidden in it!

Try what Real Rook said, and copy the files you wish to save onto cd or floppy disk and give the hard drive a format =)

i am ahab
August 16, 2005, 3:59 pm
right, well before you go crazy and format anything;

try pinging the entries in your lobbyserver.txt file in your soldat directory.

(to ping open a command prompt and type 'ping selfkill.com' for example)

if the ping responds then you can at least talk to the servers and its more likely to be some sort of firewall verses soldat issue.

is your brother any good on pc's?? ;)

ReDevil
August 16, 2005, 5:24 pm
It's not working in both of the pc's in my house, so.. ;)

FliesLikeABrick
August 16, 2005, 7:14 pm
his problem is that there is a software firewall on each comp which is not allowing soldat to access the internets. He need to add Soldat to the "allowed programs" list or disable the firewalls completely while he plays

none of this has to do with his soldat installation or anything. His router has a firewall, but that will not interfere with his internet usage at all, except for running servers. For all practical needs, he does not need to worry about his router at all, and the fact that he forwarded those ports already will not hurt it.

Look into the firewalls on both computers. My guess is that your brother might have installed something like ZoneAlarm on both computers one day, which by default will block most programs from accessing the internet. You said the windows firewall is off, check that again just in case, but I don't think that the windows firewall blocks outgoing connections.

Pretty much disregard all the other posts in this topic. Look at all of the icons in your system tray (near the clock) to see if any of them are a firewall. Norton "internet security" and mcaffee often install a firewall by default.

ReDevil
August 17, 2005, 7:47 pm
I am not stupid, I understand pretty well in computers and know what installed, and asked my brother if he installed something.

I have Soldat on permit in my "Norton Worm Protection", besides this I don't have any firewall, and the only thing my brother did is canceling some ports of eMule, I am just saying it for the protocol because the chance its gotta do to Soldat is 0%.

Something else... Soldat worked before the new version, from that I can say it's a problem of the game.