( search forums )
mp5 is not overpowered
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
GAMEOVER
August 9, 2005, 3:55 pm
I went up against 2 people of my skill level one who used the deagles other the ruger in a DM while I used the mp5. When all was said and done we all finished very close around the 1;1 ratio. The mp5 has got to be the lousyest mid-long range weapon out and that will hurt you, if you use this weapon you will not have a mid-long range game at all or you will suffer from the laws slugish behavior. Id rather use a steyer, ak, deagles, ruger, or even a spas with a knife or socom for your close range game.

Kazuki
August 9, 2005, 4:13 pm
Did it really need its own topic, though? =| Well, thanks for the info anyway.

GAMEOVER
August 9, 2005, 4:14 pm
Yeah it did because everyones ranting about this weapon.

Kazuki
August 9, 2005, 4:32 pm
Yeah, I suppose, but they're doing it on false information, like those numbers Claw gave us. No offense to him, but I don't think the formula he used is the one Soldat actually uses.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 4:44 pm
Game overs right, you have to be very close for that gun to be effective. Especially with bink.

Hoodlum
August 9, 2005, 5:02 pm
Well I believe its still the best auto atm as the bink isn't that bad but it does kill quick close range.

FliesLikeABrick
August 9, 2005, 5:04 pm
you say that it had 1:1 ratio when all was said and done. you then said that this is the worst mid-long range weapon etc etc...

correct me if im wrong, but if you were playing against people with 2 other weapons and the same skill level, then i do believe that proves that the weapon balance is good and that the mp5 is therefore neither overpowered nor bad

GAMEOVER
August 9, 2005, 5:12 pm
exactly.. it is balanced imo, hardest weapons to adjust to for me is the ruger/deagles but I use all weapons every day and they really are all balanced. Autos bink dont effect me what so ever because ive never fired an auto a full clip at a time even in 1.2.1

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 5:21 pm
mp5 was perfect in 121, bink blows.

ThaD
August 9, 2005, 5:55 pm
yay, another weapon balance thread

Hoodlum
August 9, 2005, 6:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by GheyStudBoymp5 was perfect in 121, bink blows.
Its still perfect.

Mp5 is ment to be used for close range so if your going to spray then your not using it right anyway. Even if you do spray the bullets don't take much health off anyway.

-Claw-
August 9, 2005, 8:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiYeah, I suppose, but they're doing it on false information, like those numbers Claw gave us. No offense to him, but I don't think the formula he used is the one Soldat actually uses.

Try asking About it from michal, maybe he will tell it to you in some other way that "CPU does the math".. :|

Even it isnt right, it is at least close, at least it says which weapons are powerful, which not..

GAMEOVER
August 9, 2005, 8:32 pm
The reason there isnt AS much bink as the steryr and ak is because its a close range auto if the bink were to go nuts as much as the steyr and ak itd really be useless but they knew that thats why it is the way it is.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 9:32 pm
It doesn't need much self bink, because it's unnaccurate enough without it and it's only really effective at close ranges anyway.
If it had a lot of self bink you'd never hit anyone unless you were standing toe to toe with them (and then you could just stab them)

VodkaZombie
August 9, 2005, 9:40 pm
Correct, but if you get more comfortable with Hk it can be useful in far range too.

GAMEOVER
August 9, 2005, 11:36 pm
I dont see any real long range potential in this weapon at all even without bink unless they're well over half dead.

EndertheXenocide
August 9, 2005, 11:37 pm
and Zombie. I totally agree with you. I was a supperb HK user. That was my only weapon. If you get skilled enough with the HK, it can do some damage long range. It really just comes down to how you use what weapon.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 11:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieCorrect, but if you get more comfortable with Hk it can be useful in far range too.

Yeah, but not as useful as the ak, Steyr, Minimi, Deagles or Ruger (or Barret)

m00`
August 10, 2005, 4:41 am
it is overpowered compared to weapons other than ruger and deagle, trust me gameover i've been using mp5 longer than you've been playing, i know it needs nerfing, compare it to the other autos, they dont stand a chance, the only reason your defending the mp5 now is because your using it and you found you can easily kill with it.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 7:52 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`it is overpowered compared to weapons other than ruger and deagle, trust me gameover i've been using mp5 longer than you've been playing, i know it needs nerfing, compare it to the other autos, they dont stand a chance, the only reason your defending the mp5 now is because your using it and you found you can easily kill with it.

I played him, he cant.

Blackdavis
August 10, 2005, 7:54 am
I like mp5 :o

Outcast
August 10, 2005, 7:58 am
Gameover isn't even good how can he be an objective judge :o

m00`
August 10, 2005, 8:30 am
quote:This was posted by GAMEOVER on a different thread btw
thank you guys for turning me into an auto lover

no wonder your defending the mp5, show me a demo of you owning with steyr aug and then ill belive you, mp5 is overpowered. PERIOD.

edit: ak is pretty balanced, i dont know about aug -_-

LazehBoi
August 10, 2005, 9:40 am
Hey guys! I want you to think the same as me so I don't feel that my opinion is wrong!!1 Thanks!

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 11:13 am
Gameover is actually pretty good, as a fellow clanmate of mine and usually being in the same game as him its always either me or him at the top...unless mancer decides to come in, but other then that its usually one of us! :D

But yeah...HK is only useful in close up maps...bink = bad

i am ahab
August 10, 2005, 4:16 pm
i liked the mp5 in 1.2.1

i also feel that its finally getting some recognition as a decent weapon now that its got a niche of its own.

which i believe may have been michaels objective with 1.3

anyway who is it thats to blame for the 1.3 weapon balance? i forget. hungarian chap i believe.

GAMEOVER
August 10, 2005, 4:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`it is overpowered compared to weapons other than ruger and deagle, trust me gameover i've been using mp5 longer than you've been playing, i know it needs nerfing, compare it to the other autos, they dont stand a chance, the only reason your defending the mp5 now is because your using it and you found you can easily kill with it.

Nah bro im still using ruger/deagles/knife although i do use all weapons i dont use the mp5 anymore then i did in 1.2.1

GAMEOVER
August 10, 2005, 4:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by OutcastGameover isn't even good how can he be an objective judge :o

I think im doing okay for only being a little over a month in the game, ive kept up with a lot of vets already and i bet i could give you a run for a n00b.. anyway ive used the mp5 in DMs against players of my own skill and didnt dominate the whole match with it didnt get anymore or less then i would with ruger deagles etc..

GAMEOVER
August 10, 2005, 4:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`quote:This was posted by GAMEOVER on a different thread btw
thank you guys for turning me into an auto lover

no wonder your defending the mp5, show me a demo of you owning with steyr aug and then ill belive you, mp5 is overpowered. PERIOD.

edit: ak is pretty balanced, i dont know about aug -_-

Dude the mp5 has no mid-long range sting in it, its fine the way it is how can it be overpower if your only getting 1 - 2 kills tops with it per clip and it dont happen in a second you can kill an mp5 user faster with deagles ruger if you can aim.

i am ahab
August 10, 2005, 9:17 pm
prepare to be slapped for not clicking dat edit button bro.

take cover!

m00`
August 11, 2005, 1:40 am
not overpowered because it takes 1 clip to kill 2 people? THATS what makes it overpowered, gameover you havn't shown me a demo of you owning people with aug yet to prove that mp5 is balanced with the other autos

solohan50
August 11, 2005, 3:30 am
well, i won't go so far as to say that the mp5 is overpowered, but i think that it's definitely the best auto out there right now. IMO, steyr got axed the hardest, getting weaker than it already was and binking before a burst can kill. i used to be fairly proficient with the steyr, but i found that the mp5 is much more effective now. and for those of you who keep talking about no long range potential, you're right, it sucks at long range, but that's why you gotta get up close and personal with people. and besides, unless they're running away from you, you will get close to them and then they're dead, end of story. i can go toe to toe with most weapons with this gun, the only gun i have a problem with is an m79 or barret, because if they react quick and are accurate, you're done for.

Outcast
August 11, 2005, 6:38 am
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERquote:Originally posted by OutcastGameover isn't even good how can he be an objective judge :o

I think im doing okay for only being a little over a month in the game, ive kept up with a lot of vets already and i bet i could give you a run for a n00b.. anyway ive used the mp5 in DMs against players of my own skill and didnt dominate the whole match with it didnt get anymore or less then i would with ruger deagles etc..

I already were in a game with you and you didn't exactly keep up to say atleast. As for dominating, you can't dominate against people of roughly your skill level. If i were to play people like you, i would dominate. If i were to play the top of the line players, none of us would dominate, unless someone had a really good day.

GAMEOVER
August 11, 2005, 8:28 am
Oh 1 game.. big whoop you sure you know what kinda player i am :/ why dont you stick to topic you damn keyboard warrior.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 1:43 pm
Hm.....Deagles vs M79 = Death to deagles. HK vs m79 = death to m79er. I like these! :D

Outcast
August 11, 2005, 2:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVEROh 1 game.. big whoop you sure you know what kinda player i am :/ why dont you stick to topic you damn keyboard warrior.

I already said my thing on the mp5. It's not overpowered. I'm only responding to other people's stuff. And explaining it. You call me a keyboard warrior? You don't know me very well then. I'm happy to prove everything i say in soldat as i've always been.

Now, let's stop this.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 2:57 pm
Nothing is overpopwered. Most things are either in balance, or slightly underbalanced. I tend to think that it's slightly unbalanced after 1.3, though, since I thought 1.2.1 had perfect balance. heh heh

Outcast
August 11, 2005, 5:14 pm
1.2.1 most certainly didn't have perfect balance.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 7:13 pm
What did you consider wrong with it?

The ruger killed 0.16 seconds faster than the deagles, but you couldn't strategically use a bullet curve with the ruger like you could with the deagles.

The barret and M79 are instant kills with long delays. They're fine. They get killed easy in bigger games.

MP5 is a great close range fast kill.

AK, AUG and Minimi are pretty close for automatic kills. There was no real particular advantage.

Minigun... never seen anyone use it effectively to begin with.

LAW was a single guarunteed kill, then you couldn't fire it again most likely. That was fine.

Chainsaw wasn't desirable.

Knife and Socom were both great secondary choices

I guess the only thing I'd say wasn't very useful would be the SPAS shotgun. A ruger is better at accomplishing the same thing in the same amount of time.

Outcast
August 12, 2005, 8:51 am
Let's not get into weapon balance as i'm really not in the mood to go over this again.
I'll just say this, automatics had basically no disadvantages, deagles were too strong, minigun abused for only one way, spas very rarely used, chainsaw aa virtually non used secondary.
now law is a virtually unused secondary, minigun can't be abused all that much(i haven't seen it yet) and all the other weapons are used regurarly.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 2:45 pm
I see what you mean on all the weapons except the deagles. How were deagles too strong when the ruger accomplished the same kill faster?

Outcast
August 12, 2005, 3:26 pm
Deagles have 7 bullets. Ruger doesn't. Deagles are a bit easier to aim with thanks to no movement accuracy disadvantages.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 3:27 pm
Well, doesn't that make sense then? More skillful weapon = faster kill.

A good ruger guy would always beat a good deagle guy.

Outcast
August 12, 2005, 3:44 pm
You can kill ultra fast with a ruger yes, but deagle has more room for error.
Deagles weren't the most popular 1.2.1 weapon for nothing.

GAMEOVER
August 12, 2005, 6:50 pm
Deagles were the most popular? Coulda swore I saw way more auto users then deaglers in 1.2.1 I expect to see less ruger and deaglers in this version.

Outcast
August 12, 2005, 7:11 pm
gather stats speak for itself

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 8:31 pm
ive seen alot of people use minigun now

GAMEOVER
August 12, 2005, 9:00 pm
yeah your rite looked at u13 never knew so many people used the ruger and deagles wow.. and I was tryin to get good at somethin else the majority dont use.. guess ill work on another weapon.

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 2:12 am
Have you ever gone to a variety of DM's in 1.2.1? It was one of my favorite places to go to when ctf's got boring - id say there would be 1-2 good deaglers in there and 1-2 good ruger users. There was a LOT of auto users all the time. I was the guy whod come in and ruin the game by picking up 30 kills in a heart beat. Ive won a DM every possible way: Using Deagles, Using Ruger, Using Every type of Auto, Even M79 and Barret.

u13 is a community for public (and private ctf's). Single shot guns are more common there because if you got good to the point you made 19/20 shots, youd have no problem kicking the crap out of everyone you pass by. In DM's however its more of what gun kills the fastest and the easiest: Teh autos. Even as good as I am, ive lost to some really good auto users and even a "pro camper" who won with 1 death...which still cracks me up from titling himself so.

Anyways, i havent won a DM using my deagles since...

-Claw-
August 14, 2005, 7:09 am
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERyeah your rite looked at u13 never knew so many people used the ruger and deagles wow.. and I was tryin to get good at somethin else the majority dont use.. guess ill work on another weapon.

ehh...

i just played with you on U13... Mp5 ALWAYS, "it can make 1-2kills per clip, it aint overpowered!!11 :'("...

U13 != Gather, Gather = for players who like to play at higher level, mixed team CTF, like clanwar... U13 = public for everyone to enter and leave...

Why do you make topic like this, if you have only 1 month exp. from soldat, and this discussion has another topic already? -.-

GAMEOVER
August 14, 2005, 7:11 am
It depends on what map im on what weapon ill lean toward why dont you get your facts straight before you go running off at the mouth.