( search forums )
Big problmes with soldat 1.3
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Spazie
August 9, 2005, 8:58 pm
Iam having big problems with soldat 1.3 :(

First off.. The lobby server thing.. when i press the "refresh" button, nothing happends. i've controlled the txt file (lobby serv.) and it's correct. I've also unclicked the wepmod under filter, but still, no servers. I thought my norton might block and stuff.. but i've played the erlier versions (1.2.0-1.2.1) with no problem. I've also allowed soldat so it sould be no problem :/ please help.
-
Then there's the 2nd problm. When i try to start a game.. The only thing that happends is that i hear the "respawn-sound" and then i can see the blue backround but after that, it freezes. I've downloaded the latest version of direct X 9.0 or somthing but nothing happends. I've also tryed to start a game unconnected to internet, an offline game, but its the same problem.
I've also reinstalled, installed in new folder, installed 1.2.1 -> 1.3 , installed 1.3 directly.. i dont know what 2 do...
-
I have also now noticed a 3rd problem: When i try to quit soldat (pressing the exit sign :P ) I get an access violation error once.. And after that the text type has changed abit and i can't quit the program in any outher way then pressing ctrl+alt+delete.

Can some body atleast give me a hint on what 2 do to fix these errors :S :P

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 10:56 am
Are you using the upgrade (Soldat 1.2.1 -> Soldat 1.3) or the full new version?

Try uninstalling Soldat and deleting the Soldat folder. From there, download the full Soldat 1.3 (even if you already have it, download it again) and restart your PC. Install Soldat 1.3, restart your PC once more, and give it a try.

If it still fails to work, make sure you've updated your video card drivers, though I don't see how this would affect 1.3 since you could play 1.2.1 before.

Spazie
August 10, 2005, 6:09 pm
iam sry but those "simple" methods is somthing that i've already tried. I've tried to do what u explain above multiple times with both install versions, 1.2.1->1.3 , 1.3, (i think i mentioned that i've tried this in my post, didn't i?)

And yes..the video card is updated.. As said: i played 1.2 before..

Ty for trying to help me but unfortunally i've tried those simple methods before..( and like a jillion times -.- )

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 9:21 pm
Why don't you give me your system specifications, such as video card, operating system, etc? That'd make it a little easier to help you.