( search forums )
Real Zombies
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 11:05 pm
Zombies was always a fun game to me in soldat. Work with 4 other guys in a super laggy server to try to beat down the bots as much as possible. It's fun, but I had a different idea in mind. For those Halo 2 fans this may seem familiar:

-2 teams (green and red)
-Red are humans and can only use the shotty and pistol
-Green are zombies and can only use chain saws
-Objective: The game starts off 1 or 2 zombies and however many (always more than green) humans on each team. The zombies have to try to saw the humans and the humans have to fend them off using effective locations on the map. Once a zombie kills a human the human has to switch to the green team and becomes a zombie. The game keeps going until the last human is killed, then he becomes the first green player in teh next round.

NOTE: Player cooperation is key here. People need to be honest for it to be fun (Halo is chaos with all the 11 yr olds cheating)

Hoodlum
August 9, 2005, 11:18 pm
This sounds like a cool idea.

Hell i'd play it.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 12:39 am
yea, it got really popular in the Halo world, and soldat isn't a bad game to adapt to the mode. Maybe a couple of guys want to get together and try it out

Koon
August 10, 2005, 1:01 am
It would have to start with more zombies though, any noob could hold off two zombies by himself.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 1:05 am
actually i was thinking that while writing. It's more fun if it drags out (believe it or not). But that could become a problem if people take it too seriously and not let the game progress

VodkaZombie
August 10, 2005, 1:08 am
I'm not particularly a fan of zombie matches, but i'll try it.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 1:45 am
as mentioned, get some loyal dudes that follow rules. Noobs will ruin this

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 6:13 am
yeah this roxars, i really cant see a provblem with this except that zombie matches are so laggy

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 5:18 pm
fun idea, ive played it on halo but alot of people are to fat to change teams

Keron Cyst
August 10, 2005, 7:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by HoodlumThis sounds like a cool idea.

Hell i'd play it.

With Realistic Mode, definitely. You have a good idea, having the soldat team using only shotgun & pistol, but that'd make it a bit too easy I think. They should only have Knives at the beginning (hehe), until the team ratio comes to 1:2 or more.

@Koon: what if the zombies throw grenades? xD

numgun
August 10, 2005, 8:22 pm
...halo1...the flood...they are everywhere...AAAAAAARGH!!!! *gets pwnd*

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 8:30 pm
I support this. Zombie match is mine of fun...

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 10:01 pm
Maybe if the zombies woudn't get harmed by falling damage, but humans would? And maybe 80% of people will automatically be zombies?

But we need a couple more weapons than just shotgun & pistol. Any ideas?

Koon
August 10, 2005, 10:15 pm
quote:@Koon: what if the zombies throw grenades? xD
Exellent point.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 10:33 pm
If the zombies have no weapons it makes it HELLA less laggy, even if there are tons.

Koon
August 10, 2005, 11:13 pm
But then its to easy to simply hover above them and shoot.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 11:31 pm
jets, zombies need jets, humans don't. In order for it to be good, the humans need to be able to fend them off, but the zombies should still be able to have a chance. Definately no nades for humans, and maybe 1 for the zombies. Just pistol would be another idea. Gotta experiment with some peeps first though. Also the zombies would all be people which makes it even more fun. Maybe switching it around to the human's goal is to kill the zombies so that the zombies switch. Idk, lots of possibilities :)

EndertheXenocide
August 11, 2005, 12:50 am
I brought this idea up quite a long time ago. Back in the beginning of the year. It is a very great game, especially if you get a bunch of people together. As thanks to my good friend Reaper from AWH. Check out these maps he made just for this type of game. http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21103&SearchTerms=Zombie
Can't believe this game didn't become as popular when I tried explaining it. Oh well, check out those maps and have some fun out there. Oh and this game should be much easier since the chainsaw is easier to kill with now.

firebolt145
August 11, 2005, 5:40 am
...I had no idea that there were chainsaws in Halo...

Keron Cyst
August 11, 2005, 6:41 am
Eh, Plasma Swords are a good enough representative :-D

Humans should have 50% health or start off with knives only until the human-zombie ratio becomes 1:3 or somethin'.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 2:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by EndertheXenocideI brought this idea up quite a long time ago. Back in the beginning of the year. It is a very great game, especially if you get a bunch of people together. As thanks to my good friend Reaper from AWH. Check out these maps he made just for this type of game. http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21103&SearchTerms=Zombie
Can't believe this game didn't become as popular when I tried explaining it. Oh well, check out those maps and have some fun out there. Oh and this game should be much easier since the chainsaw is easier to kill with now.

I tried searching for the game already in the improvements section but couldn't find it, so i appoligize. But, Im looking forward to using some of those maps!

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 1:15 am
Great idea, and the only weapons: soccom( 2 bullets ) and shotgun ( 1 bullet ). :P

bond_james_bond
August 12, 2005, 12:51 pm
I was thinking the Zombies would just randomly raise from the ground ambushing unknowing Soldats.

=)