( search forums )
My complete Halo mod... for 1.3!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your totally 1337 mods!
Sgt. York
August 10, 2005, 3:34 am
Ohhh man this has been fun... I'll just copy and paste the readme-
Ok, first of all, thank you for downloading may Halo Mod for Soldat 1.3!
Second, this is my first mod, but I have been tweaking for about 5 months now,
and I thinks this is great! Thanks. PLEASE download this and tell me what you think, I want feedback on how to improve! I know I didnt change anything in the Weapons.ini, but thats because I wanted Soldat to keep it's "balance". And don't say "Shade the weapons in the weapons menu d00d" because I know that I would screw them up beyond beleif if I attempted that...
Weapon menu-
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soldat20050809204527902qk.png

.RAR-http://savefile.com/files/6701936 <--- Copy and paste into address bar and click "download on the page.

I would recommend turning OFF the minigun, I changed it, but it is a DOOM 3 Minigun,
and I could not think of anything out of Halo to use for it.
I wouldnt play Team games unless you want a bunch of freaky lookin SPARTAN Gosteks runnin around,
although I did add some kick-a$$ ctf sounds from the game.

Here is a QUICK rundown of what I changed-
-Deagles are now Dual Magnums
-Mp5 is MA5B Assault Rifle
-Ak74 is the Plasma Rifle
-Steyraug is now MA5B loaded with shredder rounds
-Spas12 is now M90 Shotgun
-Ruger77 is now Covenant Carbine
-M79 is now Bruteshot
-Barret82 is now SAM1 Sniper Rifle
-FN Minimi is now Portable Turret
-Bullet proof vest is now overshield
-Clusters are now Plasma grenades

Everything listed above has new sounds recorded STRAIT FROM THE GAMES!!!
_-_---------------------------------------------------============================================================================
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, here's the list of what I changed, I hope I dont forget anything...

-Animations= Same.

-Bots= All redone to have compatible colors.

-Custom Interfaces= Same

-Demos= None

-Gostek= From some other Halo Mod, and I give all credit for it to
the maker of that Gostek. Although I did tweak it A LITTLE BIT.

-Interface= Changed reticule, grenade symbols, deaddot, and arrow.

-Maps= I was going to do some, but I always have had bad luck with the
map maker plus....

-Objects= Same

-Objects gfx= Same.

-Scenery gfx= Same

-Sfx= Ok, this is a big one... All the Sounds I changed are form either Halo or Halo 2
AK74 fire & reload
Barret82 fire & reload
Capture
Chainsaw d,m,o, and r
changeweapon
colt1911 fire & reload
ctf
deserteagle fire & reload
Grenade bounce, explosion, and pullout
infiltmus
law, law end, and law start
m79 explosion, reload, and fire
m249 fire & reload
mp5 fire & reload
ruger77 fire & reload
Spas12 fire & reload
Steyraug fire & reload
and finally, vesttake *phew*

-Sparks gfx= Same

-Textures= Changed the object textures for
-Cluster kit
-Medkit
-vestkit

-Txt= Changed gun names to corresponding weapons, and Pickup messages for vest pickup, and cluster grenade pickup

-Weapons gfx= Oh gosh... here we go
How about I list everything I didnt change, OK? Good. I changed about 98 things in here.
I didn't change
-Bow, 2, a, fire, and bow-s
-fire 1 and 2
-m2 and stand
-n bow 1 & 2

And that covers it! Enjoy!

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 4:01 am
Good effort, but I say it needs more detail... >_>

A good (very good) example of a Halo mod is PS31's Halo XP:

[IMAGE]

EDIT: Well, either way, lining up muzzle flashes and making sfx shouldn't take five months, even with school - my mods are made in less than two, and I have twice the ammount of weapons... >_> PS31 also makes them fairly quickly, I think.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 8:10 am
Yeah, doesn't look like 5 months...

Sgt. York
August 10, 2005, 1:05 pm
Well, 5 months includes school and other stuff, and like I said, I didn't really care that the weapons menu was "Super", I focused on weapons-gfx, lining up muzzle flashes, getting the CORRECT sounds for the guns, (Halo XP doesn't) and that sort of thing. Although those menu guns do look good.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 1:28 pm
I think that they look bad, they are too flat, lack of shading and detail. Also Halo XP is better, it has more stuff.

wunderbear
August 10, 2005, 3:30 pm
maybe combine the two?

Or at least someone upgrade the HALO XP mod to accord with 1.3. It's cool but not "new" cool. Yeah.

August 10, 2005, 4:19 pm
zit looks good in a cartoonish sense...me likey!

ewe ewe! make the rambo bow the SCARAB GUN!!!!! not that ive ever seen it or used it :(

EDIT: omg....it's taking forever to download.......use FLAB or m00 file uploaders...

UGK
August 10, 2005, 9:59 pm
i wish there was some good mod for 1.3, not like this bunch of steaming crap......

Zero72
August 10, 2005, 10:13 pm
I dunno what their problem with it is; I think it looks great. Good job.

Sgt. York
August 10, 2005, 11:37 pm
Thanks Zero72 and 117, those are the first good things someone has said about it...

Rambo_6
August 11, 2005, 4:12 am
Halo mods are so old hat. GROW A CREATIVITY GLAND!! WE HAVE A BERZILLION HALO MODS!!

Ontopic: Some of the weapon names are off, there isn't enough defining shading (they all look gradient, and untextured), there appears to be an extra gun that you scribbled out, and there's no such thing as 'shredder rounds'.

Also, if we can't play team-games with your gosteks, and you refuse to shade the menu weapons, this mod is mud.

Sorry if i'm being harsh, but you have to understand that it isn't what you want the mod to have in it, it's what the users of teh mod want/need. I've given you all the criticism you need, now get working, lad!

GAMEOVER
August 11, 2005, 8:26 am
halo sux.. nice lookin mod though.

Sgt. York
August 11, 2005, 1:10 pm
Alright Rambo 6, I will try, but how do I make it where the whole gostek is red/blue just by the shirt color? Because with that gostek, shirt and leg color are seperate, and thats why they look kinda not "Halo" in team games...

Shivorken
August 11, 2005, 1:42 pm
I've gotten myself a private halo mod :) it's got every possible detail put into it (weps etc.) but ... it shall not be released.

[ontopic]: i luv it for a first try m8, but next time, put it in partially leet mods section plz

August 11, 2005, 2:15 pm
UGK, wtf is ur (Please refrain from swearing)ing problem? make a mod then.

@shivorken= I agree. Its an awesome first try, but only if it compares to the likes of Halo XP and others, it shouldn't be here. Give a few more months or so, and eventualy u should get a mod worthy of the title Totally 1337 (not saying that this mod is bad)

wunderbear
August 11, 2005, 7:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by ShivorkenI've gotten myself a private halo mod :) it's got every possible detail put into it (weps etc.) but ... it shall not be released.

As of now, I hate you. I'm not joking.

Rambo_6
August 11, 2005, 8:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sgt. YorkAlright Rambo 6, I will try, but how do I make it where the whole gostek is red/blue just by the shirt color? Because with that gostek, shirt and leg color are seperate, and thats why they look kinda not "Halo" in team games...

Make the default colors of the gostek white, that way when you have a team match, the default team colors are placed on the gostek properly. Unfortunately, you can't make teh legs/torso work together. Meh, i'd call it a Halo nerfing :)

GAMEOVER
August 12, 2005, 2:10 am
quote:Originally posted by ShivorkenI've gotten myself a private halo mod :) it's got every possible detail put into it (weps etc.)

Sure ya do ya liar lets see a screen shot. :P

Belier13
August 12, 2005, 2:19 am
quote:Originally posted by Sgt. York
I have been tweaking for about 5 months now

*Sigh*
I cannot imagine what this would have given in only 1 months

But eh, Nice try.

Shivorken
August 12, 2005, 3:49 am
OMG!!!! i freakin luv the sounds m8!!! VRY VRY VRY GW!!!!!

August 12, 2005, 4:06 am
Ah finally, ur sounds has one a person over... did raijin give u the sounds?

Sgt. York
August 12, 2005, 1:11 pm
No, I recorded them with my Microphone, and it wasnt like I was CONSTANTLY messin with this EVERY day for 5 months, I messed with it once every week or two, 5months is just from when I started to now, not the sum of all the days I worked on it.

August 12, 2005, 1:15 pm
For cartoon mods, u can edit the sounds and make em rlly evil...forgot what program to use, but it would rlly suit ur mod. ooooh, the shotgun goes squeaky!

Pope
August 13, 2005, 6:53 pm
Where can I find PS31's mod? It looks pretty good. Also, are there any reccomendations for even better Halo mods? Thanks.

August 14, 2005, 4:53 am
You are so evil.... just go and search for em. Don't post here unless you have something useful to say. And PS31's is the best 'detailed' mod. This is the best simple mod that works fine.

SPARTAN_III
August 14, 2005, 5:40 pm
minimi should be battle rifle from halo 2. minigun should be the LAAG minigun mounted on the warthog. its name describes its effect on a server.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 6:45 pm
THEY SUCK!

Sgt. York
August 15, 2005, 1:15 pm
I can't make Minimi Battle Rifle because Minimi is not 3 shot burst....

dr.ON
August 15, 2005, 2:38 pm
not so nice, i ve seen better halo mod for 121, ur mod haves no nice shading :(

August 15, 2005, 3:16 pm
Well, maybe it was designed for simplicity. At least someone else thinks the sounds are nice.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 8:31 pm
I have my owen halo mod too with the weapons tweaked and the whole menu differnet and sounds, me and my friend combined the halo xp mod with another and custyomized some of our own stuff, its prety cool

The Geologist
August 16, 2005, 8:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by UGKi wish there was some good mod for 1.3, not like this bunch of steaming crap......

quote:Originally posted by tay g0THEY SUCK!

You guys are a waste of brain cells. Dont even bother posting such useless comments. They don't help, and they make you look like even larger (Please refrain from swearing).

Sure the mod needs some work, but it's his very first release. I'd like to see either of you do something better your first time around.

Who flung poo
August 18, 2005, 10:54 pm
Personally, I am not a Halo fan, but some people might want it to be in .zip file :D

Captain Ben
August 20, 2005, 9:06 am
The little Mastercheifs are cute! :D

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 10:03 pm
i cant dl it help the page just puts up a picture

August 25, 2005, 3:53 am
http://savefile.com/files/6701936

click on this and click download.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 12:14 pm
thx man u rock!

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 2:15 pm
how do i make it work?

August 25, 2005, 2:56 pm
LOOK AT THE EDIT BUTTON. STOP DOUBLE POSTING.

Copy the folder into ur soldat mods directory. I can't be bothered to tell u the whole thing, so look in the Modding help forum for the topic soldat.exe -mod goatsiehorse.