( search forums )
Removal of weapons starting to suck.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 3:58 am
Like the title says...What the hell?! I can't find one server that actually HAS the minigun >_<. Every server that actually has people on CTF or DM (forget about INF, only like 2 open servers which are always empty)removes the freakin minigun...The game gets boring if I can't use my 100 round rapid fire doom machine :( (I do use the steyr most of the time but still...). What's even worse are the servers that like to move normal weapons...

Bah, don't tell me to start a server either, I don't want to, since it takes ages to get populated and I usually move around servers...(And yes, I realize this is another topic with the word "minigun" in it...)

Only servers that has the weapon are the MODDED ones, and the modded severs blow...Stupid Automatics that shoot m79 shells >_<...It's not that the mod servers totally blow, its just that...there's to much. I just wanna play soldat normally 1.3 style sometimes.

crazymonkey
August 10, 2005, 4:00 am
I haven't found one server with removed weapons.

August 10, 2005, 4:37 am
Meh, seen it before. Only have 1 use for minigun: Using Azndblood's airplane mod to fly around like an idiot :D

mickle89
August 10, 2005, 8:19 am
Minigun is alright. It's just the people who misuse it and just spray the (Please refrain from swearing) out of it and use it as a tool. Minigun also fires too many bullets too fast it can lag up the server.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 8:28 am
Minigun does next to no damage with the spray, causes lag (Dont say it doesnt, because it does). Every game has a 'joke' gun, Minigun is soldats one.

vash763
August 10, 2005, 9:18 am
I wouldn't be complainig about the spray, cause thats pretty much the point of the weapon.

Denacke
August 10, 2005, 10:13 am
I disable minigun in our public for the reasons EnEsCe stated.

Captain Ben
August 10, 2005, 10:29 am
I think the ability to surf should taken from it for it to be finally taken seriously.

Outcast
August 10, 2005, 10:55 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeMinigun does next to no damage with the spray, causes lag (Dont say it doesnt, because it does). Every game has a 'joke' gun, Minigun is soldats one.

You have no idea. You can cause HAVOC with it!

Bug
August 10, 2005, 10:59 am
I agree with EnEsCe.. It's nothing but a joke. I think that only with 0 ping you can really use minigun as for killing, when I go to some server, and use minigun, I have to use like whole clip before the target dies, it's not about aiming, I can aim..

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 11:01 am
Ever try 1v1ing with a minigun? Its rather funny when you get ahead in kills and mini the guy to death. Well, its fun for me to play with it every once and a while.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 4:16 pm
You're joining the wrong servers. I find barely any servers with removed weapons.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 4:16 am
I find servers with removed weapons to be rather few myself.

However, I would like to note at this point that no matter what potential the Minigun has, it really doesn't change the fact that almost no one ever bothers to actually try to use it to said potential. Personally I wouldn't have any real problem with them being removed (other than the fact that the concept of having the gun is one of those things that makes Soldat special), but I have no problem with them being here either.
But anyway, yeah--Practice over theory.

tRaQs
August 18, 2005, 1:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Outcastquote:Originally posted by EnEsCeMinigun does next to no damage with the spray, causes lag (Dont say it doesnt, because it does). Every game has a 'joke' gun, Minigun is soldats one.

You have no idea. You can cause HAVOC with it!

Tunnel CTF= bunch of noobs minigun vacuuming the tunnels= lag beyond reasoning

TheRelinquished
August 18, 2005, 5:38 am
Note: Minigun is a legitimate weapon.

See this topic for more:
[URL]

GAMEOVER
August 18, 2005, 9:45 am
Ive seen some good mini gunners happy camper comes to mind..

DeMonIc
August 18, 2005, 10:22 am
Minigun makes lag?
As far as I noticed, it only creates lag on slower machines, because the machine can't calculate the masses of particles on the screen, or something like that.
Minigun's a joke?
Hell no. Lately I have started using it what it was intended for: a support gun. It's deadly. Once your teammate injures the enemy, the minigun can slice them down like nothing's Holy.

The whole-anti minigun thing comes from close-mindedness I'd say. Besides, most Soldat maps have a roof, so you can't make hail, which may lag faster machines aswell.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 12:15 pm
Meh, I rarely see minigun disabled. Its a "Joke" gun because there are so little people who have used it as if it was a weapon to kill people, rather then newbies who plop down, and spray mindlessly, or minisurf.

bond_james_bond
August 18, 2005, 1:50 pm
It's a joke due to a poor reputation created in 1.2.1

i am ahab
August 18, 2005, 2:05 pm
i really don't care one way or the other.

August 18, 2005, 2:14 pm
traos....why did you revive this topic? We all know the minigun is a joke...

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcMinigun makes lag?
As far as I noticed, it only creates lag on slower machines, because the machine can't calculate the masses of particles on the screen, or something like that.
Minigun's a joke?
Hell no. Lately I have started using it what it was intended for: a support gun. It's deadly. Once your teammate injures the enemy, the minigun can slice them down like nothing's Holy.

The whole-anti minigun thing comes from close-mindedness I'd say. Besides, most Soldat maps have a roof, so you can't make hail, which may lag faster machines aswell.

I'd say most games are a little too fast-paced to use it even as support. People aren't going to be flying a straight line into your minigun shots ever, at least in a good game or a clan war.

A good support gun would be the barret, to pick off and EFC or take some pressure off your flag runner as they race back to your flag.

Spraying and praying will not get you very much against people who know what they're doing.