( search forums )
1.3 : Spectators and Players Calculation Bug?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
bionic
August 10, 2005, 4:15 am
Hi,

i have problems with the players and spectators on my new Linux Server 1.3. I have only Max_Players=6 and Max_Spectator=2 on my server. But after the server is full, no spectator can join. And if the Server is emty 3 Spactators (and more? doesnt test) can join.

Can somebody test it on his/her server?

FliesLikeABrick
August 12, 2005, 2:45 pm
spectators count as players, so if the game is full, spectators cant join.

I think there should be an option to have spectators count as players OR have additional slots just for spectators (but dont show as an increase in the player max)

Denacke
August 12, 2005, 3:30 pm
Normally, the Max Player slots include spectators. Which means spectators are counted as players.

As for your second problem, I have no idea how that is possible. I don't recall having that problem but i'll keep my eyes open for it.

bionic
August 13, 2005, 4:43 am
I think, it is a big bug. Spectators are not Players and Players are not Spactators. I think, this calculation is not logical. Two Options for the same thing. Please, correct this bug in the next version.

-Claw-
August 14, 2005, 7:42 am
I really hate this, when i want to go to spectate some clanwar, then server is full, because it isnt possibe to connect as spectaor if server is full :(